The January Transfer Window

Comments

• No for me as much about team morale and togetherness than his ability there is a limit to how many players we can have sulking upfront at one time lol
  • Baracks, Either Sima from Slavia or Dia from Stade Reims could be the answer you are looking for?

• I wouldn’t be totally against Arnie, as I loved watching him at his best.

I do like the idea that Moyes at least knows what kind of striker he wants/needs in his system, which is a departure from how we have signed strikers over the last few years (I.e signing all different styles and then being confused when they don’t work).

Perhaps we’d be better off identifying players in the Arnie mould but younger, though.
  • And play midfielders who are younger than noble 😂
  • Moyes managed Arnie well as he has Antonio. I would not be against it, but one of them would probably be bench warming each match..... and Haller would be even grumpier than usual.
  • But the most recent grumpy footballer in the Prem was Henry. So it's nothing to do with outward appearances.
  • Would love Arnie back
  • If WE are split on Arnie, just think of the split it would cause in the dressing room!
    It’s a NO from me.
  • I could see why it may work with a rest of the season loan. He knows Moyes and he got the best from him, he is the type of striker we need and on a loan he would be putting himself in the window for a deal here or elsewhere so would have motivation.

Sign him on a contract however, forget it.

We have looked really good at times this year and only a striker away from pushing top 5-8 in my view, Marko could be the difference between that and drifting back through to 12-16 as Antonio is not fit enough and Haller not good enough.
  • Chelsea intend to free up funds to sign Haaland, and West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice by selling seven players: England's Ross Barkley, 27, Spaniard Marcos Alonso, 29, Germany's Antonio Rudiger, 27, Denmark's Andreas Christensen, 24, Italian Jorginho, 29, England's Danny Drinkwater, 30, and Nigeria's Victor Moses, 30. (Sky Sports via the Sun)
  • Only Daniel Levy would get over 100 million plus for that lot.
  • Chelsea intend to free up funds to sign Haaland, and West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice by selling seven players: England's Ross Barkley, 27, Spaniard Marcos Alonso, 29, Germany's Antonio Rudiger, 27, Denmark's Andreas Christensen, 24, Italian Jorginho, 29, England's Danny Drinkwater, 30, and Nigeria's Victor Moses, 30. (Sky Sports via the Sun)

Good luck. Makes it sound like they’ll put them on eBay & flog then all in a week.
  • Swap them all for Rice
  • Diamanti's, as long as they also pay their wages. ;)
  • I like it 👍🏻
  • If we could get Arnie back on loan it’s a no-brainer

In that purple patch under Moyes & Pelle, he’s the best striker we have had in recent times
  • Still a NO from me
  • And from me
  • Most Chelsea, MANU, MANC and Liverpool players are on high wages. I doubt that WHU could afford any of their rejects as it does not have the finances for those wages, unless they want to take a pay cut.
  • Arnie who .................. was he related to snake payet ???
  • Exactly arnie who
  • Hmmm, bit on the fence

Didnt like the way Arnie went about it, and don't want him at the club....also I can't think of many fighters who have gone China and done anything after except Witsel

BUT..... he is only 31.... and he is far more suited to our team than Haller is, and he could potentially be a great addition, this is an odd season where the top teams are all in transition phases...... a player like Arnie could fire us into Europe

Right now, I'm erring on the side of not going for him, think the damage has been done....and I am already enjoying this season, not expecting us to get into the europe so don't think we need to take the risk

Would prefer us to be looking for the future, and Arnie doesn't fit that
  • Not at all if moyes signs him, it wouldn’t fit the younger player with a sell on clause if they perform well,as opposed to resign a mercenary who clearly thought he was bigger than the club imo
  • Not to forget there are quite a few personnel around whom Arnie hasn’t burnt bridges with (because they weren’t around) - Bowen, Soucek, Coufal, Fornals, Benrahma and Moyes himself.
  • Can they not read then see for themselves how he treated the club and us fans
  • You think they care?
  • Probably not but I certainly do
  • if he does come back and scores 15 goals all will be forgiven, the cynic in me thinks they will bring him back to divert attention from Rice going to the Chavs
  • whupathman, well that plan is doomed to failure before it's even happened.
This discussion has been closed.