The January Transfer Window

Comments

• Sorry thought we’d decided on here Alvez speaks the same language as Anderson
  • Cuz1 said:

You forgive far to easily maybe ask my younger brother who I haven’t spoken too for 20 years 😂😂

That’s so sad... but I so understand families are complicated things ⚒⚒
    Sad but will never change now to far down the line now to even accept any apology he might afford me now
  • edited December 2020
    Cuz1 said:

Sorry thought we’d decided on here Alvez speaks the same language as Anderson

He does. Alves is half Brazilian, lived in Brazil for a couple of years, and the OS said he speaks Portuguese
  • Ahhhhhh, I see, Alves was born in Denmark, dad is Danish, mum is Brazilian.
  • Abdallah Sima of Slavia Prague.
  • edited December 2020
    Cuz1 said:

I thought we’d settled on him speaking Basque?
  • We did and then realised not many people speak the Basque language.
  • Cuz1 said:

Outcast, where did you see that?
  • West Ham United manager David Moyes hopes England midfielder Declan Rice, 21, can be persuaded to turn down Chelsea's interest with a new contract at the Olympic Stadium. (Mail)
  • edited December 2020

On the border between France and Spain?

We have been scouting Brentford LB Rico Henry, Villa also interested (Athletic)
  • Does Coufal have a left-footed cousin?
  • I thought we’d settled on him speaking Basque?

On the border between France and Spain?

We have been scouting Brentford LB Rico Henry, Villa also interested (Athletic)
    The Athletic article I read said we were interested in the summer and might be again but not that we’d been scouting him
  • We 100% need a LWB in January.
  • We 100% needed one in the summer too. We should be trying to sell Fredericks imo. We have Coufal and Johnson on the right. If we can get rid of Fredericks to sign a LWB I’d be happy.
  • The Athletic article I read said we were interested in the summer and might be again but not that we’d been scouting him

"The Athletic understands that West Ham have also scouted Henry"

https://theathletic.com/2284088/2020/12/28/transfer-news-live-rumours/

alderz said:

We 100% needed one in the summer too. We should be trying to sell Fredericks imo. We have Coufal and Johnson on the right. If we can get rid of Fredericks to sign a LWB I’d be happy.

There have been several reports that we're looking to sell Fredericks although I've not read anywhere that anyone is interested. It takes two to tango...
  • Injuries would be stumbling block for me misses to many matches
  • Surely, the Brexit agreement and new points-based immigration rules will complicate recruitment from abroad, especially for younger players.
  • Wouldn't get much for Fredericks

I don't mind Fredericks, but think he is poor for this level, no more than a reserve option

Think he would excel in the championship (where did make team of the year), as his pace will be able to bail him out whereas Prem attackers are too good not to capitalise off his mistakes

But as noted, his injuries mean that there isn't gonna be many/any suitors, especially after COVID which everyone, particularly non prem clubs are still feeling

Agree though that if we could sell Fredericks and bring in a LB/LWB I'd snap their hand off

I want us to wait for Rico Henry if we can, I wanted him in the summer and want him now, once again he's shown to be the best LB in the championship, but we may have to wait for the summer to bring him in
  • Championship sides were paying decent fees until recently, don’t know how much COVID has impacted that though. I think that’s definitely where we’d have to sell Fredericks but surely there’ll be takers.
  • His injury record will put teams off imo
  • Pengeman said:

Surely, the Brexit agreement and new points-based immigration rules will complicate recruitment from abroad, especially for younger players.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/football-and-brexit-a-guide-to-the-new-rules

There you go :-)
  • So our Slavia Prague strategy might face some problems?
  • I hate him but can we sign him as a coach for Haller?
  • No.

Next question.
  • If Haller had half the aggression and work rate of Costa he would be some player
  • edited December 2020
    Haller's record at Eintracht Frankfurt is evidence that he can play and he's best with a strike partner, the problem is that in Moyes's system there's no room for a second striker (plus at the moment we don't have anyone good enough to play alongside him)

Timo Werner seems to be having a similar problem, at Leipzig he mostly played as one of a front two but at Chelsea he's either playing as a lone striker or on the left and clearly he's not completely comfortable the change.

Square pegs in round holes
  • Haller's record at Eintracht Frankfurt is evidence that he can play and he's best with a strike partner, the problem is that in Moyes's system there's no room for a second striker (plus at the moment we don't have anyone good enough to play alongside him)

Timo Werner seems to be having a similar problem, at Leipzig he mostly played as one of a front two but at Chelsea he's either playing as a lone striker or on the left and clearly he's not completely comfortable the change.

Square pegs in round holes

While I see what you say, you could argue that if he was good enough he’d be able to adapt... Just looking at another angle ⚒
  • Captain Mark Noble says he does not know where 20-year-old West Ham team-mate Declan Rice's future lies. (Talksport)
  • edited December 2020

Captain Mark Noble says he does not know where 20-year-old West Ham team-mate Declan Rice's future lies. (Talksport)

We've got another, younger Declan Rice?!?!?

Have we given up on developing youth players and are simply cloning existing players? They should get a sample of Sir Trev's DNA into the lab pronto!
  • edited December 2020

Captain Mark Noble says he does not know where 20-year-old West Ham team-mate Declan Rice's future lies. (Talksport)

Then why say anything? It just adds to the uncertainty.

He could have said that for the love of West Ham I'm going Chelsea instead.
This discussion has been closed.