The January Transfer Window

Comments

• You forgive far to easily maybe ask my younger brother who I haven’t spoken too for 20 years 😂😂
  • Rice is under contract until 2024 I think that makes it 2022 until we need to cash in should he refuse to sign a new contract.
  • Our board will probably cash in at 50,000000 where as Levi would insist on 100,000000 and get 120,000000 lol 😂
  • Levi is going to have his hands full trying to hang on to Kane.
  • Chelsea intend to free up funds to sign Haaland, and West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice by selling seven players: England's Ross Barkley, 27, Spaniard Marcos Alonso, 29, Germany's Antonio Rudiger, 27, Denmark's Andreas Christensen, 24, Italian Jorginho, 29, England's Danny Drinkwater, 30, and Nigeria's Victor Moses, 30. (Sky Sports via the Sun)

Back in June the Daily Mirror claimed that Chelsea were looking to offload Ross Barkley, Marcos Alonso and Jorginho in order to raise transfer funds, I doubt if they will have better luck in January.

Shanghai SIPG might not want to let Arnautovic go, he was joint top scorer with Hulk (who is leaving on a free next week) and if they have to get rid of big earning foreign players then ex-BHA Aaron Mooy looks more likely to get the elbow. The Chinese season starts in March so I can't see how a loan deal would work.

On Wednesday Moyes was asked if we were looking for a striker in the next transfer window Moyes said he hoped that Antonio would be back soon but if not he might have to find "another Marco Arnuatovic or Micky Antonio" from his current squad. To me that suggests he's not looking at bringing anyone in.
  • I would suggest Moyes is looking to bring in a new striker but there may not be sufficient funds to do so.
  • I expect he’ll be taking a look at Mipo Odubeko from U23 squad, as he appears to have overcome his injury. Appears to be a bright prospect more in the Antonio mould ... 🤞
  • Moyes on Tuesday

"As far as January goes, we don't have any big intentions of making signings"
  • Arnie it his then
  • Meanwhile Kansas City are not going to take up the option to sign Winston Reid on a permanent basis but they are trying to negotiate a loan for 2021 season
  • Moyes on Tuesday

"As far as January goes, we don't have any big intentions of making signings"

We spent nothing over the Summer. and our Strike force and Left back problem could unravel our season if not addressed. Imo we need 2 signings for the Left back and Striker role. Masuaku is out for 3 months.

King is a no brainer for me, not getting time at Bournemouth last 6 months on his contract. There must be a few left backs in the Championship we can target also. Get them embedded into the premier league now for 6 months.
  • edited December 2020

We spent nothing over the Summer. and our Strike force and Left back problem could unravel our season if not addressed. Imo we need 2 signings for the Left back and Striker role. Masuaku is out for 3 months.

King is a no brainer for me, not getting time at Bournemouth last 6 months on his contract. There must be a few left backs in the Championship we can target also. Get them embedded into the premier league now for 6 months.

There might well be a few left backs in the Championship but Moyes isn't going to do another "Hugill", he will only sign someone who he thinks is an improvement on our current options (as he did with Coufal and Bowen). More likely he will do an "Evra" and sign someone currently available on a free or do a "Soucek" with a short loan deal plus option to buy in the summer.

If Moyes thought King was a "no brainer" then I expect we would have signed him in the summer.
  • Why is King a no brainer? He can't get into Championship Bournemouth and last season scored 6 in 26 against Hallers 7 in 32. He also thinks he should be playing for United.
  • If we brought King in for next to nothing then I'd be quite happy seeing him on the bench for starters. Better option then we currently have.
  • IronHerb said:

Why is King a no brainer? He can't get into Championship Bournemouth and last season scored 6 in 26 against Hallers 7 in 32. He also thinks he should be playing for United.

Reading around the general opinion seems to be that rather than not being able to get a game in the Championship King doesn't want to play in the Championship.

He was out for a thigh problem at the beginning of October, recovered enough to play for Norway but was unavailable after he came back. He was out self isolating in November then suffered back injury in training.

Do we really want The Incredible Sulk?
  • If there's a choice between two sulks then Arnie it is for me.
  • One other thing about King is that he played, and was at his best, in a pair with Wilson. Could he handle being the lone striker?
  • I know as usual the lack of funds does dictate what we can do next month but if we solved the two areas we need reinforcements in it could make the difference between scraping into the Europa spots or ending up just below half way if we are lucky.
  • I think Moyes's target this season is "mid table respectability" and avoid a relegation scrap rather than pushing for Europe. He will build his team gradually until he feels confident he has the depth needed to compete in Europe without struggling in the league like many other "overachievers" have in the past.
  • edited December 2020
    BTW the current Slavia Prague LB is 29yo Czech international Jan Boril, didn't get his first cap until September 2017 but 18 caps since then.

Just sayin'...
  • Has anyone else noticed Anderson has only featured in 2 league games for Porto thus far.

If I were to make a guess, it would be that they will be sending him back to us at the earliest opportunity that they can.
  • IronHerb said:

Why is King a no brainer? He can't get into Championship Bournemouth and last season scored 6 in 26 against Hallers 7 in 32. He also thinks he should be playing for United.

how many of those were "starts" and not sub appearances ? he doesn't play in the championship because he will not sign a new contract.

He has bags of experience and he played the lone roll when Wilson got injured and still bagged goals for Bournemouth.
  • Has anyone else noticed Anderson has only featured in 2 league games for Porto thus far.

If I were to make a guess, it would be that they will be sending him back to us at the earliest opportunity that they can.

Anderson played an hour in the cup 21 November and played the first half of the league cup 16 December but he's not even been in the league squad since October.

Suggests he's been less than a success
  • Great so he comes back to us, our new signing tells him a few home truths in his native tongue and he becomes world beater, and I was doing so well
  • Except there’s no release clause in his loan so they would have to chuck him out but we don’t have to take him back.
  • edited December 2020
    Chuck him out then he’d be as much use on a beach than he was for us before he went
  • Cuz1 said:

You forgive far to easily maybe ask my younger brother who I haven’t spoken too for 20 years 😂😂

That’s so sad... but I so understand families are complicated things ⚒⚒
  • Cuz1 said:

our new signing tells him a few home truths in his native tongue

Which Brazilian are we going to sign?
  • Cuz, did you mean Benrahmainho? 😂
  • Frederik Alves Ibsen
This discussion has been closed.