The January Transfer Window

Comments

• As I've said a lot, I really like The Athletic. It's the closest standard of reporting in football to what I'd expect in areas I work on. It's sad that their appearance hasn't forced the others to raise their game at all.
  • edited January 2021

As I've said a lot, I really like The Athletic. It's the closest standard of reporting in football to what I'd expect in areas I work on. It's sad that their appearance hasn't forced the others to raise their game at all.

So are we saying The Athletic's comment on us not going for a striker may be true?

• As I've said a lot, I really like The Athletic. It's the closest standard of reporting in football to what I'd expect in areas I work on. It's sad that their appearance hasn't forced the others to raise their game at all.

So are we saying The Athletic's comment on us not going for a striker may be true?

No, no. I trust what they're saying. I'm referring to the Sky thing. It's so shoddy. I'd have hoped others would try to match the Athletic in quality but they clearly haven't.
  • pengeman, that's the same article fortuneseeker linked to :ok
  • LINGARD LATEST

Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard would welcome a loan move to West Ham United.

The clubs are in talks, but have yet to find a resolution on a deal.

The total cost of a potential deal is thought to be more than £3m taking into account the loan fee and Lingard’s wages.

West Ham have already used up the maximum two domestic loans in their squad with Craig Dawson and Said Benrahma but manager David Moyes confirmed on Tuesday they would be converting Benrahma’s loan into a permanent deal, even if he did not say when.
  • Not sure if 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 is referring to Lingard or Dawson
  • Not sure £3mil is the largest fee ever, wages included

Given Lingard is on £100k(!!!) a week with 18 weeks of the season remaining, that is £1.8mil off the bat of we cover his wages, plus a 1.2mil loan fee, doesnt seem that outrageous

Its a lot but its not the likes that haven't been seen before
  • Just read an article where most of the players come in on there days off now started of with coufal and soucek, coufals nickname with chezch republic is robocop because he doesn’t give up and this as rubbed off on yarma, Bowen, cresswell and Randolph fair play to them
  • £3m for Lingard loan divided by 18 games is just under 167k per game for a possible bench warmer. I don't know what the going rate is. Does anyone know whether that seems expensive or a steal? Should we have put that £3m towards a permanent bid for King or is Lingard just what we need and we'll find his form rekindled?
  • Well going by Bournemouths valuation, it might buy one and a half of Kings legs.
  • Unsure about Lingard joining does it mean he will be a starter & if so for who or do we use him off the bench? He would surely be in the first X1 if he went elsewhere. Hope to be convinced all about this especially if we don't get a striker.
  • Mason Mount has been dropped by Tuchel. Coming to the Hammers to see his best mate?
  • Anyone know if we have an option to buy ,If not then whats the point
  • If Rice wants to be reunited with Mount it is the only way it will happen
  • If Rice wants to be reunited with Mount it is the only way it will happen

And if Mount wants European football next season
  • Then he will want to join West Ham
  • Sky sports saying benrahma permanent and hwan hee Shan in talks today not very inspiring even if it’s a loan imo
  • Hwang might be ok hopefully be another Son
  • He will only be someone’s son
  • edited January 2021
    Not my son ,But i did get around a bit =) =) =) back in the day
  • SKY says "West Ham have converted Said Benrahma's loan from Brentford into a permanent transfer ... the Premier League side have now paid £20m plus add-ons to complete a permanent deal" https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/12200522/west-ham-transfer-news-said-benrahma-signs-permanent-deal-hammers-in-talks-over-rb-leipzigs-hwang-hee-chan .
  • I would be happy with Hwang on loan. He sounds like his style fits what Moyes wants, and it would mean we have an actual second striker, BUT it would make me question the Lingard signing a little more
  • Alderz, perhaps Moyes is exploring a "convert a winger to a striker" experiment.
    You never know, it might turn out to be a genius idea and every manager starts doing it.
    Didn't a certain Sir Geoff Hurst start out as a defensive midfielder until Ron Greenwood tried him as a striker.
  • Bubbles

I get that, but if he wants to convert Yarmo or Lingard, then signing a striker as well seems odd
  • But surely it's strengthens the squad.
  • I'd like Hwang. I feel like there is so much potential to do stuff with his name. I say get it done and don't Hwang about.
  • I wonder if he's good in the air. Like does he have good Hwang time?
  • If he doesn't then I'm sure he'll soon get the Hwang of it
This discussion has been closed.