The January Transfer Window

Comments

• Unless moyes see sons sence
  • IronHerb said:

But surely it's strengthens the squad.

Idk man
  • I’ve heard he’s a bit of a goal Hwanger.
  • Hwang on a sec, you are all teasing him before he has even joined? That’s very mean. You should all hwang your heads in shame.
  • If he doesn’t join us now you are all going to look like right “Charlie’s”. 😁
  • If he doesn’t join us now you are all going to look like right “Charlie’s”. 😁

I agree, just Hwang on for a few days!
  • I’ve heard he’s a bit of a goal Hwanger.

Hamstew said:

Hwangerz

Hwang on a sec, you are all teasing him before he has even joined? That’s very mean. You should all hwang your heads in shame.

If he doesn’t join us now you are all going to look like right “Charlie’s”. 😁

I agree, just Hwang on for a few days!
    Sometimes you just know it’s time to log off for the day
  • I was thinking oh some transfer news but no, it's Hwang jokes instead of fish jokes hahaha
  • If it’s fish jokes you want, your in the wrong plaice
  • edited January 2021
    Sorry, could you repeat that, I'm having trouble with my herring aid. =)
  • Nooooooooooooooooo
  • You could have plaiced a bet on those puns starting up
  • I'm not a religious man, but I pray to Cod these puns stop soon
  • I'm not a religious man, but I pray to Cod these puns stop soon

I highly trout it
  • Sprat's what you think.
  • Slightly weirdly, imo, the women’s team have loaned out Alisha Lehmann to Everton. She was one of the teams star players, so to loan her out seems really odd
  • This is an interesting (if not a touch obvious) read on why this transfer window is rubbish

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55803504
  • alderz said:

Slightly weirdly, imo, the women’s team have loaned out Alisha Lehmann to Everton. She was one of the teams star players, so to loan her out seems really odd

Yeah I saw that. Very odd.
  • Did you know that Andrew Lloyd Webber describes it as the "greatest song ever written for a musical".
    The musical being South Pacific and the song, yes, you've guessed it "Salmon chanted Evening". =)
  • Probably a really good loan offer so the manager was stuck between a rock and a hard plaice.
  • it's come as a real bloater have these puns all over again
  • Maybe it's just me, but I really think these fish puns are well past their "Best Before" date. Why not have a Fish thread where you can repeat them over and over ad nauseam whether you feel the need? Personally I find it disappointing when I see a thread I've been following has a load of new posts, and I open it to find it's just been filled up with a load of tired, repeated old fish puns. Bah Humbug.
  • Feel free to post some transfer news, Buffy.

I think all this shows is that there, currently, isn't anything to update.
  • Humbug you say, I prefer a Werther's Original. ;)
  • I can see him being shipped off in the summer.

I can't.

We haven't "shipped off" Anderson, we only managed to "ship off" Wilshere with a massive pay off and we "shipped off" Haller at cut price with a huge bung.

I doubt if "shipping off " Yarmolenko will be any easier, more likely he'll see out his contract, warm the bench with the occasional apperance and leave on a free in 2022.
  • Are we to expect an announcement on Benrahma? Or would that generate no real announcement as it is an obligation to buy anyway? Keep seeing ‘Benrahma’s loan is now permanent’ but nothing from the club.
  • Lukerz said:

Feel free to post some transfer news, Buffy.

I believe the round up of transfer news is:

1. We have apparently signed Said Benrahma on a permanent deal for £22m to free up a domestic loan space
    2. The domestic loan space is likely to be filled by Jesse Lingard, who we will be paying a £1m loan fee for (no word on option to buy, but I'd hope we'd have one)
    3. We are still in discussion with RB Leipzig for a loan deal for Hwang Hee-chan. I have seen in a few places (though probably just a recycled story) that we are expected to sign him this week
    4. Apparently Moyes is planning on speaking to Chelsea about whether or not Billy Gilmour is in Tuchel's plans for the rest of the season, and then take him on loan - though that would also require a loan to become permanent.

It seems like there are not going to be any further outgoings, and it seems very unlikely that any names will come out of the blue. I think this week is going to be waiting on the news we already 'know' to be confirmed one way or the other.
  • Settle for that.
  • edited January 2021
    alderz said:

Lukerz said:

Feel free to post some transfer news, Buffy.

I believe the round up of transfer news is:

1. We have apparently signed Said Benrahma on a permanent deal for £22m to free up a domestic loan space
    2. The domestic loan space is likely to be filled by Jesse Lingard, who we will be paying a £1m loan fee for (no word on option to buy, but I'd hope we'd have one)
    3. We are still in discussion with RB Leipzig for a loan deal for Hwang Hee-chan. I have seen in a few places (though probably just a recycled story) that we are expected to sign him this week
    4. Apparently Moyes is planning on speaking to Chelsea about whether or not Billy Gilmour is in Tuchel's plans for the rest of the season, and then take him on loan - though that would also require a loan to become permanent.

It seems like there are not going to be any further outgoings, and it seems very unlikely that any names will come out of the blue. I think this week is going to be waiting on the news we already 'know' to be confirmed one way or the other.
    All looks alright. Tell Billy to start calling himself Mason and we might get even more out of Rice.
This discussion has been closed.