The January Transfer Window

Comments

• A friend who supports Roma is begging me that we take him. He’s always going on about how many chances Dzeko misses (I think Roma create a lot).

I’d be surprised, he doesn’t seem to fit what Moyes said he’s looking for. He’s apparently turned us down as well.
  • Wont his wages be to high ,Also getting on in years so no from me
  • I guess it depends on whether we are talking about Dzeko v no-one
    Or Dzeko v King
    Or Dzeko v Hwang

Etc

He would be ok if we ended up not being able to get any other striker

I’d have king over him definitely though

• I'm a tad sceptical of aging big name foreign players coming in and possibly upsetting the Apple cart. I have no proof of that but just a gut reaction.
  • He's another that I wouldn't be keen on us pursuing, but if he turned up I'm sure he'd be a decent player for us. Not fussed either way, I guess
  • Cuz1 said:

Has been

good

• always needs to many chances as has been said just can’t see him fitting in
  • edited January 2021
    Reports are that Dzeko has fallen out with the head coach Paulo Fonesca over the sacking of first team manager Gianluca Gombar because he made a 6th substitution in Roma's Coppa Italia loss to Spezia

Dzecko is club captain, has started 14 out of 16 Serie A games when he's been available and is Roma's 2nd top scorer.

The Sun reports that he is "desperate to stay in Italy and not interested in a move back to England - especially to West Ham".
  • MrsGrey said:

To fill a mf space while Moyes makes a mf into a striker,? Or to be that guy?

Can someone please remove the gangster rap records from Mrs Grey's collection. You just don't expect this sort of thing from her.
  • Cuz1 said:

Has been

Are you calling alderz a has been B)

• Cuz1 said:

Has been

Are you calling alderz a has been B)

Surely the correct term is "Never was"?
  • Villa sign Morgan Sansom from Marseille.
  • Where does Moyes see Lingard getting a game after that performance? I can't imagine Lingard has come to warm our bench instead of Man U's.
  • Perhaps our tracksuits are warmer something else moyes has done lol 😂 😂
  • Where does Moyes see Lingard getting a game after that performance? I can't imagine Lingard has come to warm our bench instead of Man U's.

Yarmo worked hard when he came on, but his lack of pace to stretch the defence was an issue. I’d also rather seeing someone other than Fredericks coming on to play on the wing
  • sounds like Benrahma is no longer a loan, well deserved
  • alderz - and that was my point the other day.

Yarmo is covering up top, which means we now are resorting to Fredericks as a RW to see a game out.

This is why Lingard is not a luxury signing, but a priority to give us more balance and further depth.

Well apparently we're two injuries from a relegation fight. 😂
  • Lukerz said:

alderz - and that was my point the other day.

Yarmo is covering up top, which means we now are resorting to Fredericks as a RW to see a game out.

This is why Lingard is not a luxury signing, but a priority to give us more balance and further depth.

Yeah but it’s weird because it would make more sense to cover the position we need which Yarmo’s cover isn’t really good enough for.
  • I think Yarmo is a better forward option than RW. I just don't like him as a winger.
  • Square pegs round holes
  • Lukerz said:

I think Yarmo is a better forward option than RW. I just don't like him as a winger.

I just don't like him as a player
  • I’m sure him and Anderson looked decent when they arrived today they look like laboured journey men imo
  • Yarmo has only ever had flashes for us, I don’t remember him having a good game, just one or two moments, and now those moments aren’t happening anymore.
  • alderz said:

Yarmo has only ever had flashes for us, I don’t remember him having a good game, just one or two moments, and now those moments aren’t happening anymore.

That's a touch harsh imo, he doesn't really get that many minutes on the pitch.
  • Yeah, but there’s a reason he doesn’t get that many minutes.
  • It's a shame that reaching 4th in the table came so late in the transfer window. If we finish the season anywhere near that, it will make the summer market a bit more interesting
  • alderz said:

Yarmo has only ever had flashes for us, I don’t remember him having a good game, just one or two moments, and now those moments aren’t happening anymore.

To be fair, he has been instrumental in a couple of goals recently. I think it was his lofted ball that was key in a Soucek goal, and he has been directly involved in a few more.

His finish against Doncaster shows that he has the ability, but I agree that he just can't seem to do it consistently.
  • edited January 2021
    In all fairness he hasn’t exactly had a consistent run of games to show what he can or cannot do....( not talking about cameo sub roles )
  • edited January 2021
    Fair point Jay.

He was probably a nailed on starter when he signed but that Achilles injury put pay to that and he's struggled to get back into the team since then really.

Big wages for little contribution though, whatever the reason. I can see him being shipped off in the summer.
This discussion has been closed.