The January Transfer Window

Comments

• The delay in us waiting on UTD was because of other interested parties. 19:53West Ham seal Lingard loan.
  • Reported he’s signed
  • So it’s costing us £3m ish??

We could have maybe had Arnie for 4 months till the end of may - would have cost us perhaps £4m?

And we wouldn’t then have had to get a separate striker?

Hmm..
  • I’d love to see the finances on this one...........they just don’t seem to stack up at the moment. Good player, but he may find himself warming a different bench right now.
  • Moyes wants him so maybe he sees a place in the team for him.
  • A very interesting and in some ways perplexing signing.

Interesting because he certainly has quality and only this season has he really dropped from the United first team (the year they found their mojo again ).

Perplexing because he has wanted go out on loan due to being unhappy on the bench, which begs the question does Moyes see him playing and if so in whose place?

Perplexing because we needed a striker

I agree with those that state Moyes at this stage deserves our trust even if he said he was converting Randolph to a centre forward, as when you are getting the best out of everyone and improving the team that's the reward that fans should afford you. So I am waiting to see his plan and hoping it makes us even better in the remaining games.
  • And i thought my wife wasted money =)
  • Therefore we must have signed Benrahma or Dawson. Does that mean we're now skint for this window?
  • edited January 2021
    I don’t think you base not signing a player on ‘does he come into the side immediately.

Currently, he doesn’t, but his time will come. It’s up to him to force it. If he doesn’t force his way in, no loss for us, he goes back to Man Utd in the summer.
  • Lukerz.Will be a 3 mill loss in that case
  • And if he gets to play and does well .no buy option
  • I’d love to see the finances on this one...........they just don’t seem to stack up at the moment. Good player, but he may find himself warming a different bench right now.

Is he a bench warmer at Utd? Genuine question. My own Impression is that he hardly ever even makes the #squad
  • edited January 2021
    Mrs Grey, He is often not even in the squad. I was using a general term for people not playing😀
  • Apparently ( if media to be believed) he had options to go abroad, WBA, Newcastle and one other but he chose us. Perhaps Moyes has promised him a run out in some form
  • He wants to join a team near the top 🙂
  • If Moyes wants him good enough for me and we have at least strengthen the squad
  • If Moyes wants him good enough for me and we have at least strengthen the squad

Agree, but when we are stingy in other areas I just think we could have spent it better.
  • So who would you get for £1.5-2m?
  • Musta been a different person in the shop to when Baptiste had his shirt done.
  • IronHerb said:

So who would you get for £1.5-2m?

I’m not saying we’d get someone for that low a fee, just that IMO it could have been spent better (e.g. added to striker budget?). I like Lingard and trust Moyes with the team, just questioning the logic.
  • IronHerb said:

So who would you get for £1.5-2m?

Hugill 😂😂
  • I remember feeling that Fornals wasn't needed when we bought him. That turned out to be a great buy. Hope Lingard is the same.
  • So Lingard is replacing Snodgrass in the squad, which is fair enough.

But no way should he replace Snodgrass and Haller, which some people seem to be inferring.

I get that he could be a useful addition, but he doesn't really cover our three most important players (SouDec and Antonio). If this is it for our business, I think it'll be a bit disappointing.
  • 8am Friday, still nothing official
  • they said on skysports he was having a medical at Carrington before travelling down today to train with the squad. I imagine an announcement after training when they can get all the pictures in the capital.
  • I highly doubt he will be signed by 12
  • Benrhama’s permanent signing on OS. Deal until 2026.
  • We don't play till Sunday so can't we sign him after 12?
  • IronHerb said:

We don't play till Sunday so can't we sign him after 12?

I believe it has to be 12:00 the day before the official game week begins.
  • Benrhama’s permanent signing on OS. Deal until 2026.

So possible Lingard announcement soon...
This discussion has been closed.