Will we stay up?

Comments

• Is 28 points enough to stay up this year lol

That 2-0 damage limitation exercise at City was a Masterstroke by Moyesy

Survive on goals conceded
  • They should relegate the bottom 5
  • Great set of results for us this evening, a bonus (let's be honest, I wasn't expecting anything from our match) 3points from Chelsea, and a nightmare result for Bournemouth given their next 4 games are Man Utd, Spurs, Leicester and Man City.

Fingers crossed we follow this up with a few more points in our next games so we haven't got a last game worry.
  • Lukerz said:

Is 28 points enough to stay up this year lol

That 2-0 damage limitation exercise at City was a Masterstroke by Moyesy

Survive on goals conceded
    Just looked at the table. We're now effectively four points clear of Villa and Bournemouth as we have a +6 GD advantage. Could be crucial in the end.
  • This seems to be the usual moment when the Hammers let us and themselves down by losing the next three games... bubbles :/
  • Kuching - you called?
  • The wessst Hamm way

• even if we take no more points, out of Villa Bournemouth and Norwich, they each need to find at least 3 points to catch us, and given their form/ fixtures that just doesn't seem probable.

• even if we take no more points, out of Villa Bournemouth and Norwich, they each need to find at least 3 points to catch us, and given their form/ fixtures that just doesn't seem probable.

We have to play Norwich and Villa so that’s 3 points to each of them, if we don’t take any more points.
  • I don't think 30 will be enough. i think 35 / 36 might be the cut off.
  • 35 will be fine
  • I'd like 2 wins. What seems to be going in our favour is that the bottom 3 are struggling to find the net.
  • Bournemouth 1-0 up
  • 2-1 United now
  • 3-1 and counting
  • Banger of a goal from Martial too.
  • Man Utd have been hilariously bad since half time
  • Oh boy, 4-2. That was pretty good
  • edited July 2020
    Soft goal to concede for Bournemouth's first (De Gea beaten at his near post) and then a crazy handball for a penalty (admittedly it looked as much shoulder as arm, but a crazy bit of play regardless), Utd really don't want to do us a favour, do they?
  • edited July 2020
    5-2. Or is it. It is.
  • edited July 2020
    This Mason Greenwood's not bad for an 18-year old is he? :)

Not particularly looking forward to us going to OT the way the Mancs are playing at present. Can see it giving our GD some punishment. :/
  • Bournemouth are the pits.
  • Nice seeing Zaha FC getting spanked.
  • pressure off, really looking forward to or next games after the performance against Chelsea.
  • grey

Not sure about pressure being off, but it’s certainly released a little bit!
  • alderz

I see what you mean, but I have no fear of us going down now.
  • Will wait to see Watford against Chelsea

Thankfully Bournemouth GD has taken another hit, and while liverpool were awful the other day they should beat Villa

Unfortunately given how bad weve been I'm not comfortable

A point at Newcastle will be huge, just so if a team below us does somehow win we still have a bit of a cushion