Will we stay up?

Comments

• We’ll beat Watford. I’d bet Lukerz’ house on it.
  • We’ll beat Watford. I’d bet Lukerz’ house on it.

Lukerz doesn’t have one anymore
  • edited July 2020
    I can see clearly now the regelation as gone
  • edited July 2020
    42 points asp I said “at the start of the season “, I should be so lucky
  • Part of me says, in our current form, will we really lose all 3 remaining games?

But then the other part says ‘I don’t trust us to do the job against Watford &/or Villa, it would be so West Ham to mess that up’.
  • Results went against us today
  • I’ve seen us relegated on the last day of the season on more than one occasion needing a win to stay up so I don’t want to go into the Villa game needing a win. I don’t trust us to handle it.
  • Man Utd getting into the FA Cup semis could be a major problem for us.

I’ve seen us relegated on the last day of the season on more than one occasion needing a win to stay up so I don’t want to go into the Villa game needing a win. I don’t trust us to handle it.

I don't want us needing a point, let alone a win. Results really went against us today though :'(
  • I don't feel well :'(
  • edited July 2020
    Bournemouth, Villa and Brighton will have all played before our game. If they all lose would you settle for a boring 0-0 draw? That would mean Bournemouth & Villa would have to win both of their games to overtake us and even that might not be enough depending on our ManU game.
  • edited July 2020
    I said about a week ago that we needed to get the majority of our points from the mini run of Newcastle/Burnley/Norwich so that we were not relying on two ‘50-50 six pointers’ to keep us up. I was thinking ‘if we can get 6 points minimum from those 3 games, we won’t be in that tricky a situation come Watford’. To be honest, if you now said ‘take draws against Watford & Villa?’ I would probably say ‘yes’. Gets us to 36, neither of those sides gain on us in those games & we take our chances.

Those extra two points at Newcastle would now be working wonders for us, we’d be basically 7 clear of Villa & 6 clear of Bournemouth. I am not so fussed about losing to Burnley, because they are just a better team than us & their position in the table does not lie, as sad as that is. Newcastle, though, are bottom half.

Let’s hope those dropped points so quickly after going 1-2 up at Newcastle don’t come back to haunt us.

On the flip side, that 3-2 bonus win against Chelsea could be crucial too.
  • Removed Brighton because they are safe now (Goal difference too good)

West Ham:- 34 Points

West Ham vs Watford
    Man U vs West Ham
    West Ham vs Aston Villa

Watford:- 34 Points

West Ham vs Watford
    Watford vs Man City
    Arsenal vs Watford

Bournemouth:- 31 Points

Bournemouth vs Southampton
    Everton vs Bournemouth

Aston Villa:- 31 Points

Aston Villa vs Arsenal
    West Ham vs Aston Villa

Winner of West Ham vs Watford is probably staying up !

West Ham will find out if they are staying up whatever happens tomorrow! as they do not play Man Utd till Wednesday after when Aston Villa will have played Arsenal and Bournemouth will have played Southampton.
  • Massive game for Watford tomorrow, really. They will know they have a very real chance of relegation if they lose to us.
  • Alderz, “sore finger,” says it all about the attitude a lot of us have suspected was endemic at the club for a long time. Terry Butcher and England comes to mind.
  • I can hear Bert Trautman turning in his grave
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/january/16-january/cullen-it-takes-lot-me-miss-game

I think you are over-generalising a bit, to go from 1 player (Arnautovic) to 'endemic in the club' :ok

Would you generalise the other way (from Cullen - for example, link above)?
  • Cullen refusing to let a knocked out tooth stop him from playing says it all about the The attitude a lot of us have suspected was endemic at the club for a long time. Heroes all.
    Theme nicked from a Bradley Walsh interview Mike Bassett England manager. B)
  • Ironic after all the calculations of possible outcomes, that there turns out to be very little potential drama in terms of who ends up in the final relegation positions.Still, more than happy we aren't involved
  • Grey - I think there is plenty of drama between Villa, Bournemouth & Watford.

Only one of those is going to survive & I would say, at the moment, Bournemouth look the best bet.
  • Lukerz, I'd like to see some excitement, but for me, Watford are safe and Villa and Bournemouth are already gone.
  • Watford are not safe ? 2 games against Arsenal and City where they could get smashed on goal difference, only takes a win from Villa against us or Bournemouth in the final game vs Everton to send them down. It can happen.
  • yeold

not for you, but for me they are.
  • Yeold, Villa are playing Arsenal on Tuesday night after Watford have played Manchester City. It could be interesting if Pep's team run riot!
  • This is all about personal opinions..not over yet... IMO
  • jay

Not sure why you posted that? of course it's opinion,
  • Sorry Grey, but don't see why I can't point out the obvious..sorry if ofended you?
  • jay you can point out what you like, i just couldn't see why you felt the need to,

i don't get the value of effectively replying 'that's what you think' on a forum, since that is the nature of the beast

Anyway, no offence taken or intended, perhaps i misconstrued your post.
  • Finish above Newcastle would be massive turn around
  • Every year, for the last 50 odd years, I have a dream that we go through a season never needing to worry that relegation is a possibility. If Moyes can get us there for the next few seasons, that would do me nicely.