Chelsea v West Ham United - Pellegrini's last stand?

edited November 2019 in Match Threads
Right then.

After another dismal performance (for 70 minutes), we return to action at 'The Bridge'.

Pellegrini has to do without Diop for this one. It's almost impossible for him to select Roberto, but I imagine he will.

Side I'd like:

Roberto
Fredericks - Rice - Ogbonna - Masuaku
Noble - Sanchez
Yarmolenko - Antonio - Anderson
Haller

Martin, Balbuena, Zabaleta, Cresswell, Fornals, Snodgrass, Ajeti

Again, not much we can do but select the same players. We have no other striker, no other left winger, no other right winger, no decent CM.

We can't defend, so may as well go all out for a win & take our chances.

Antonio providing much needed support for Haller will help us massively.

Chelsea 3-1 West Ham

Comments

• 4-1

When do we play Southampton?
  • OCS,

Away on December 14 @ 17.30
  • Cheers Fortune :ok: Represents about our only chance of picking up some points between now and the new year.

But we'll still lose, obvs.
  • Yeah, gonna get absolutely ripped.

Didn't watch the Spurs game and probably won't watch this. Sad.
  • Under the bed for me
  • Captain Tammy Abraham that's all I will say.
  • Sky just reported that not only are we lowest for distance travelled in the league...

We have been out run in EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS season

Shambolic
  • edited November 2019
    At least moyes tried to instill some work ethic in the side. All that appears to have been tossed out of the window in the Pelle regime

A club like Burnley’s results don’t just happen by magic. It’s down to sheer hard work. And lots of it.
  • If he continues with Roberto then IMO Pelle should be sacked just for that. He has nothing to lose by playing Martin in goal IMO.
    I really hope that Pelle is gone by the game, but I guess I can only dream on...
    Pelle in charge= Chelsea field day win, 4 or 5 -0...
  • We can hope that perhaps Lampard will take pity on his first club and tell his players to keep the score down to single figures. :whistle:
  • Sky just reported that not only are we lowest for distance travelled in the league...

We have been out run in EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS season

Shambolic

All that running about has done Watford the world of good. :lol:
  • Equally concerning to the lack of distance is that teams after winning the ball arrive at our goal far quicker against us than any other team they play.
    As all teams place a high value on stats etc it’s obvious that our opponents all know that we will be a soft easy touch. It therefore is mind boggling that Pelle doesn’t seem to be aware of it.
  • edited November 2019
    Lukerz said:

Roberto
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice
    Yarmolenko - Antonio - Anderson
    Haller

Martin, Reid, Cresswell, Sanchez, Fornas, Snodgrass, Ajeti

I'd bench Yarmolenko and play Snodgrass in the middle or bench Anderson play Snodgrass on the left.
  • Playing Anderson atm is like a waste of a sub imo. He'll get yanked at half time for doing nothing again. Put Holland in and see what happens.
  • edited November 2019
    Anderson's attitude seems to be one of "How did I end up with this bunch of clowns? Oh well, I won't put myself about too much and risk injury and I'll be off next year"
    The same might also be said of Haller.
  • Maybe they've both got a case of the Payet's :hmm:

Didn't Payet claim that he was misled by the board about their ambition? Perhaps Anderson has seen Perez, Hernandez, Carroll, Adrian and Obiang released and not sufficiently replaced and thought, 'this isn't what I was sold'. Perhaps Haller was promised a charge for European football and has now realised that the squad is a long way short of that.
  • Well after payet helped deliver one the finest seasons in recent memory the board responded by giving Slav the likes of Eminike, Calleri and Nordveit.

Not much in the way of #nextlevel about that
  • Declan will play cb, that's why Diop was subbed last game. Sanchez in MF. For 20 minutes, that combination (and Antonio) worked far better than the starting line-up. Amazing, freakish, but true...
  • edited November 2019
    It worked in a game where a) the opposing team aren't actually very good. And b) the opposing team massively took their foot off the gas when those changes were made. Will be a cricket score on Saturday. Chelsea are you exciting and hungry. Lampard will want to see West Ham implode.
  • I'd like to see us play the following team:

-------- Roberto/Martin -------
    - Fredericks - Rice - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    - Snodgrass - Noble - Sanchez - Holland
    ---------- Haller -- Antonio -------

Or that team but in a different formation (although the formation will need to be different to what we've currently been using as it's not working).

Subs: Roberto/Martin, Reid, Cresswell, Yarmolenko, Wilshere, Fornals, Anderson

What's happened to Ben Johnson? He was looking to be pushing on the door at the start of the season but hasn't even been making the bench for the last 2 months.
  • I would bench Roberto and put Snoddy between the sticks, I have no idea if he can catch a ball but there is something about him that makes me think he would be a totally commanding keeper.

I am actually only half joking about this :whistle:
  • Loss-us-cheek or A lonss o
  • N'Goloss Kanté
  • Are you loy saying that we Kante win this one :hmm:
  • We’ll be done like a kepa I reckon
  • We cant Mount a serious attack or Kepa clean sheet :run:
  • There’s no chance of Willian this
  • Definitely a day to go and watch Hornchurch :sofa:
This discussion has been closed.