Chelsea v West Ham United - Pellegrini's last stand?

Comments

• May as well Azpiliquita now :sofa:
  • Definitely gonna need a few beers after this one.. after all it would be Giroud not too :whistle:
  • To get out of this mess we need a genie who can rub the lamp hard
  • It's not fair though, their Kepa is better than ours :weep:
  • Enough with these puns now - they've been done to Death (RIP)
  • To be Frank, this has loss written all over it
  • edited November 2019
    I've Given up. :biggrin:
  • You can’t prezouma we will be beat
  • Hamstew said:

May as well Azpiliquita now :sofa:

Underrated comment
  • No way we're winning this game.

Not yesterday. Not today. Not Tomori.
  • If you think we can win this you are Batshuayi crazy
  • Yeah, but with Baz's current infatuation shouldn't he be known as Bazkloppy :hmm:
  • In fairness to Baz he probably only wants to experience the feeling of winning a match - a concept which is somewhat lost on West Ham
  • :whome: :puzzled:
  • my :weep: was because I always :weep: when Batshuayi is mentioned (as a few of you would've noticed). BUT as the Liverpool infatuation was mentioned right out of the blue...

So its like West Ham is my wife. We met when I was young and we've been together 40 years. Not many good times, the occasional treat, a few tears along the way but plenty of loyalty.

Liverpool is the attractive woman with a seductive way about her that I should've met when I was a lad in my Salah days. She has a winning smile that can influence almost everyone. She's Firmino but fair. A lady who has been hugely successful in her past and looks like she's heading to the very top again. I thought she was out of my league but we're so compatible and she puts a smile on my face .

A sexy redhead called Allison with a thick Mane of hair who never walks alone as opposed to Nora Battys Pauline Fowlers wrinkled stockings :whistle:
  • Baz, I take it you are not married, or at least if you are that your wife doesn’t know you post to this site?
  • Baz, I take it you are not married, or at least if you are that your wife doesn’t know you post to this site?

Either that, or he's soon to be single again :lol:
  • “Not many good times, the occasional treat” :lol:

I so want there to be a Mrs Baz, and for her to post a response.
  • Mrs Baz no longer has that title and hasn't for several years. There has only ever been one Mrs Baz (although I was with my sons mother for 10 years despite her not achieving a Mrs Baz title she was more like a wife than my wife was!)

Gina "GForce' F is the love of my life and would fit into the Liverpool positives (apart from the red hair) and more besides :lol:
  • Our U23 keeper is not in the squad for tonight's match :hmm:
  • Got a sneaky feeling he may start the Chelsea game...
  • Someone said on the radio the other day that David Martin was only signed as a training goalkeeper?
  • Will he be in goal against Chelsea? I sincerely hope so.
    https://www.whufc.com/teams/development-squad/squad/joseph-anang
  • I recall when Steven Bywater made his debut against Bradford, think he was just 16, Shaka Hislop went off injured really early on and SB took the pitch, you could see the pride in his body language, however.

Bradford smelled blood and shot from every angle, eventually he made a mess of an innocuous shot and thereafter looked scared to death and the game became simply a determined effort on our part to score than them and we ended up winning 5-4.

Point is, i actually believe that game could have ruined a young player, I assume that for his age he was considered a good keeper with real potential but he looked very vulnerable indeed in the coming weeks. he became a journeyman keeper and to give him credit, he managed a decent spell at Derby but maybe never realized his real potential.

Putting in a young keeper before they are ready is not the way forward in my book.
  • Tammy Abraham stretchered off yesterday for Chelsea. Hopefully this means we can keep it down to 4-0
  • Update.

Don't captain Tammy Abraham.
    Captain Willian needs a goal.
  • I recall when Steven Bywater made his debut against Bradford, think he was just 16, Shaka Hislop went off injured really early on and SB took the pitch, you could see the pride in his body language, however.

Bradford smelled blood and shot from every angle, eventually he made a mess of an innocuous shot and thereafter looked scared to death and the game became simply a determined effort on our part to score than them and we ended up winning 5-4.

Point is, i actually believe that game could have ruined a young player, I assume that for his age he was considered a good keeper with real potential but he looked very vulnerable indeed in the coming weeks. he became a journeyman keeper and to give him credit, he managed a decent spell at Derby but maybe never realized his real potential.

Putting in a young keeper before they are ready is not the way forward in my book.

So let's stick with Roberto, who

1. Looks very vulnerable.
    2. Makes a mess of innocuous shots.
    3. Thereafter looks scared to death.
    4. The game becomes simply a determined effort on our part to score more than them.
    5. We end up losing 3-2 (Newcastle, Spurs) because we need to score 4 in every match to actually win it these days, and we don't have enough quality for that.

Is this the way forward for us?
  • He travelled with the first team squad for pre season training, lets hope he is man enough for the challenge, the team needs him, we have little choice..
This discussion has been closed.