Couldn’t think.... part three

Comments

• I think Chelsea is a real possibility
  • I can then getting Rafa til summer, and then trying to poach Rodgers.
  • Good shout actually. The fans didn't take to him but there aren't any there so it gives him time to turn things around.
  • Well he came 3rd in the Prem and won the Europa League. If that doesn't win the fans over then not a lot will.
  • You're right Ironherb. He was unappreciated there. A couple of my mates are season ticket holders there. They said listening to people around them and in pubs before/after games, the fans generally really didn't take to him. It went back to Liverpool beating them with a suspect goal In the champions league when he was there. Some fans make up there minds without giving people a chance. My mates say he was really loathed by many and took stick by the home crowd. Just shows what idiots some supporters are.
  • edited January 2021
    En-Nesyri scored 2 in first 40 minutes for Sevilla
  • yoyo said:

En-Nesyri scored 2 in first 40 minutes for Sevilla

Trying to get a move to West Ham

• If he wants to join us the needs to stop that scoring thingy.
  • edited January 2021
    Did anyone else know that Leeds are part owned by the San Francisco 49ers? They just increased their stake from 15% to 37% while Italian businessman Andrea Radrizzani retains the other 63%.

Angus Kinnear is now Director of Football, he was the bloke who gave us the idea of putting "London" on our badge after Arsenal had turned it down. This was his suggested badge for Leeds

The fans didn't like it for some reason...
  • It's such a thing with business to promote being part of a big city. I go to Anaheim in California now and again, I have most of my relatives there. The Anaheim Angles baseball team had a new owner a couple of years back and to make them more commercial he changed their name to The Los Angeles Anaheim Angeles, even though that's about 27-28 miles away. It didn't please the fans. It would be like calling Brighton a London team.
  • That name looks like a typo as well
  • yoyo said:

It's such a thing with business to promote being part of a big city. I go to Anaheim in California now and again, I have most of my relatives there. The Anaheim Angles baseball team had a new owner a couple of years back and to make them more commercial he changed their name to The Los Angeles Anaheim Angeles, even though that's about 27-28 miles away. It didn't please the fans. It would be like calling Brighton a London team.

This just makes me think of London Luton Airport
  • Isn’t Southend also called a London airport?
  • edited January 2021

Isn’t Southend also called a London airport?

Yeah it is, but at least you can see London if you squint in Southend! Stansted is London too, somehow.
  • There's a London Oxford airport which is really stretching it.

Stanstead is about the same distance from London as Southend.

To be fair the Anaheim Angels were the Los Angeles Angels from 1961 to 1965, they became the California Angels when they moved to Anaheim in 1966 then changed to Anaheim Angels in 1997 when Disney bought the team.

The original owner was Gene Autry, the singing cowboy
  • Who'd of thought being a cowboy who could sing, you'd manage to earn enough money to own a baseball team.
  • We've got a couple of cowboys who bought us!
  • They can't sing though.
  • Who'd of thought being a cowboy who could sing, you'd manage to earn enough money to own a baseball team.

Preston, yeah, but back then baseball teams were cheap as chips. ;)
  • They can't sing though.

Have you heard them?
  • Real Madrid's £62MILLION flop Luka Jovic ends his nightmare spell in Spain and returns to Eintracht Frankfurt on loan just 18 months after leaving

I've only just seen this (old news apparently), but he is one of the 3, together with Haller and Ante Rebić, who were tearing the Bundeslige defences apart.
    Rebić has scored just 1 in 12 games for AC Milan.

I know Haller is scoring in the Eredisie, but we've had this discussion already about the quality there.

Bottom line is we weren't the only ones to have made the mistake in buying one of them.
  • edited January 2021

Who'd of thought being a cowboy who could sing, you'd manage to earn enough money to own a baseball team.

Gene Autry was one of biggest stars of Hollywood and TV

My ultimate nightmare, the Sullivan and Gold karaoke night
  • Please, I beg, don't give them ideas!
  • Alderz I heard it from a source that their singing is so bad, rats were hanging themselves.
  • I've started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix. OMG so good, I'm tempted to blow work out just to get to the end.
  • I've started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix. OMG so good, I'm tempted to blow work out just to get to the end.

To get ideas to do away with G&S?

It’s been a few years since I watched it, but I remember it being amazing and incredibly sad and disheartening too
  • I think he was totally stitched up and what they did to the nephew was totally wrong. I wouldn't want to be poor and live in America.
  • It's grim isn't it
This discussion has been closed.