Couldn’t think.... part three

Comments

• Then don't complain when Salah goes down after the softest of touches on Sunday.
  • IronHerb said:

Then don't complain when Salah goes down after the softest of touches on Sunday.

They're not comparable imo. Salah, and others, throw themselves to the ground when there's no need to, Broad just stood there as he was perfectly entitled to do. I don't think you can compare cricket and football in these instances.
  • Salah throws himself to the ground to gain an advantage by cheating. No different to not walking if you've hit the ball.
  • Isn’t it more comparable to players calling for fouls they’ve committed themselves? So Masuaku should’ve said that was a penalty for Salah?
  • Tiktok video going around of Son and Lloris having to be separated in the changing room. Can't quite hear what they're saying but very heated
  • yoyo said:

Tiktok video going around of Son and Lloris having to be separated in the changing room. Can't quite hear what they're saying but very heated

Are you sure it’s not the thing from the Amazon documentary? Or has it happened again?!
  • edited January 2021
    OCS, I dunno mate, you may be right as I haven't seen the documentary. It was sent to me on whatsapp by an Arsenal fan so he's probably just seen it himself and gloating ( they have little else to gloat about!)
  • There seems to be trouble in the Tottenham changing room. Aurier stormed off in a huff apparently. What a terrible shame.
  • Barca claiming they didn5 leak details of Messi’s contract of £492M over 4 years. Ridiculous obscene sums of money.
  • No wonder Barcelona are in debt.
  • Criminal amount of money. Messi is fantastic but oh my God, that's outrageous
  • I think the might put him just out of our price range
  • I think our fantastic start to the season has made the powers that be speechless. They haven't said anything controversial or dumb in ages. I guess there's still time
  • yo-yo, a lack of action in the transfer window normally speaks louder than anything they may say! ☹️
  • Captain Tom has contracted Covid. If anyone deserves to pull through, surely it's him 🤞🤞🤞
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-55881508
  • Made me chuckle

• Captain Sir Tom Moore - RIP
  • Football is so irrelevant..His family...And I am assisting poor teenagers in our complex who lost their Dad last week who took care of them, and dealing with their evil step mom, and what she's done..........people can be so vile......RIP Sir Tom.....
  • RIP Sir Tom, a true legend in war and peace, and a inspiration to us all
  • It was mentioned recently that Galatasary had asked their fans for contributions for Ozils upkeep. Here is the West Ham version: -

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/february/03-february/club-cash-update-supporters
  • I have a request for help from some fans with particularly long memories.

I've been going back through old West Ham games so I can boost the fixtures stuff in my spreadsheet, ans also because I am not very motivated to do my job at the moment!

I've got back to 1960, and I want to find out who the West Ham manager was between 11th March 1960 and 15th April 1960? As far as I can work out, Ted Fenton's last game was a 4-0 defeat away to Preston on 11th March 1960, and Ron Greenwood's first game in charge was a 1-1 draw with Manchester City on 15th April 1960. There were 7 games between those two dates.

The best I can find is that "Board Members" were in charge? Who was that? Did they have a name?
  • edited February 2021
    1961 surely Alderz.

Seven games, we lost 3, drew 3 and won 1.

Reg Pratt was chairman, Len Cearns vice chairman (I believe)

Maybe Albert Walker was in the dugout, he joined the coaching staff under Fenton and stayed on under Greenwood before retiring in 1980.

• Wasn't Albert Walker in Corrie? 😂
  • He was a busy man,

174 appearances for West Ham at LB 1932-37, 30 years on the coaching staff, a regular at the Rovers Return and in panto every Christmas (his 1945 Widow Twankey at the Ilford Hippodrome brought the house down)
  • It's ok, Im thinking of Albert Tatlock. 🤦‍♂️
  • What was Annie walkers husband called
  • Mrs just said it was jack ?
  • Or his she thinking of jack grealish, better not be lol or I will tell her I’m thinking of Liz Hurley lol
  • Sorry, yes 61 ASLEF. It was the 60-61 season and I got muddled. All those names seem reasonable, but not definitive! I was hoping someone might have remembered!
This discussion has been closed.