Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Various allegations that we want Antony Martial as part ex for Diop.
  • Cant see that happening to be honest
  • In answer to Adams comment re their players. Someone like McTominay? Young, potential, wants first team football, possible replacement for when Rice goes and could play alongside him in the meantime?
  • Tbf I'd take Martial

Think there isn't much between him and Anderson. Think Martial is the greater goal threat but Anderson is a slightly better playmaker

Both a bit too inconsistent

Either way there is no way United would include him in a deal + money
  • City on the verge of signing defensive midfielder Rodri for £62m.

Looks like Rice is not in their radar at the moment.
  • If the Martial stuff is true, it is our way of saying Diop is not going anywhere.

We have basically asked for one of their few talented players, plus money, for our CB. We probably knew they would say no, but it’s just our way of saying what it will take to get him & how much we value him.
  • Being reported now that Manchester United have asked about the availability of Declan Rice.

I know it is rumour, but is Ole simply going on a FIFA19 style spending spree? Search a load of players between 20-22 & make bids for them all?
  • :hmm: makes us feel like a beautiful popular school cheerleader being courted by the school nerd .you just want them to go away ................not that i really know how that feels :biggrin:
  • Hope we reply with 100 million plus Rashford
  • The Sun believe it was Phil Jones they wanted to give us. 40 million for Diop or 75 million and Jones for Diop!
  • I would snap their hand of for a Martial Diop swap, cant see it possibly happening.

Ole for me is really unlikely to see out the season.
  • Sounds like they have no real plan other than ‘bid for any player under 25’
  • So Rice is an 'any player"? :hmm:
  • Well personally I don't think he is at a good enough level yet to be a regular in the midfield of a club like Manchester United. I think he will be in 2/3 years, though.
  • I think Rice would walk into Man United's midfield. Just my opinion but I just don't think they are very good at all
  • I think even Carlos Sanchez would get into Man Utd’s first team right now
  • Can we send him there then, a bribe, you leave Rice, Diop alone and look what you can get...
  • MNLH,

I've started the car, I'll drive him there myself.
  • edited June 2019
    I think Rice is massively talented but as he showed in his England cameo’s he is not the complete package yet. Those games kinda passed him by IMO.

As I said, 23/24 he’ll be a top four player. But not yet. He needs another year or two at us, playing every week. He is not ready for a starting role at a club like Manchester United (albeit they aren’t as good as they used to be) &, despite the rumours, I imagine Manchester United know that.
  • edited June 2019
    Agreed in a few years he'll be a top 4 team player. However at the moment I believe he would easily get in the current Man Utd side (even as a CB) who even though they finished 6th are a worse team than Wolves, Everton, Leicester etc.. imo. Who exactly plays their DM role at the moment? Genuine question as I don't know. Wasn't it that McTominay player at one point or Mata?

I also thought Rice was excellent in his debut and the 2nd half against Portugal.
  • I thought the club had accepted the offer?
  • edited June 2019
    Hamstew said:

AWho exactly plays their DM role at the moment? Genuine question as I don't know.

Nemanja Matic. Who's never convinced me when I've seen him play this season.

Tackle success rate of 58%.

That's not a lot, is it.
  • Matic in his first season at United was very, very good. His form has dipped since then, but so has the rest of the squad.
  • City sign Rodri for 62 million? I thought he was Paddy Powers Loyalty Rewards Ambassador?
  • McHammer said:

I thought the club had accepted the offer?

The most convincing way would presumably be to meet the release clause.

Though where Gomez is concerned, I'm believing absolutely nothing until he actually signs for his next club. This smacks of the Anderson saga from last season where there was rumour and counter-rumour for literally months. I don't have the energy for that drama this year.
  • MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

AWho exactly plays their DM role at the moment? Genuine question as I don't know.

That's not a lot, is it.
    Meh Give me Rice anyday :wink:
  • From what I have read re Gomez its sound like Valencia only want to sign with another player in part ex as they have FFP issues and Celta disagree with the player's value. Gomez has agreed personal terms with us and Valencia. Celta are probably playing us off against Valencia to get the highest transfer fee going which is what you would expect. I think this will rumble on a bit like Anderson did and we will end up signing him for about £30 million.
  • Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

That's not a lot, is it.
    Meh Give me Rice anyday :wink:
    WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, No Lanzini :puzzled:
  • Has there been any rumours about Arnie leaving?

It's all gone very quiet on that front

Either we sell him for a good £35mil or we get a striker who has scored 10 goals in the last 3 consecutive seasons
This discussion has been closed.