Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Guardian reporting that Gomez will consider joining if we give him assurances that he'd be first choice striker.

Is he worth that level of aggro? :hmm:

Provided he is delivering the goods, I personally don’t think that is an unreasonable request.
  • edited June 2019
    And if Arnie out-performs him in pre-season?

I don't think any manager worth his salt would promise a player a first team spot, unless it's an absolute elite player like Messi or Mbappe, where it's a bit of a given.

As much as I want Gomez, he's done nothing yet to make me believe he deserves to be a guaranteed starter ahead of Arnautovic.
  • Let’s hope it’s something that MP has to consider. :pray:
  • edited June 2019
    With regard Diop I think he has great potential to be a really big player of Champions League level but is far from it at present. I actually think Rice has made our defence look far better than the sum of it's parts this season, and Balbuena has helped Diop a lot. I actually think when paired with Ogbonna he was less effective and that made me suspect he was far from finished at present. He has a couple of massive attributes such as his tackling and athleticism but his marking is sometimes suspect to say the least.

I don't want us to be a selling club and feel we should refuse all bit a silly offer and keep him, but as far as values go were 45m plus a player of 15m value offered then 60m would be good business for him, but I don't want us doing good business on selling players I want us keeping them.

The player these teams should be testing us on is Rice and I can quite easily see it happening before the end of the window, but I suspect he has decided to stick with us for next season.
  • C&B -agree, I think that Rice should stick with us for another season, He is pretty much guaranteed a slot in our first eleven and assuming he continues to gain experience and grow his reputation, he will be in a position to name his price.
  • If we sell Hernández he would be our only out and out cf
  • Guardian reporting that Gomez will consider joining if we give him assurances that he'd be first choice striker.

Is he worth that level of aggro? :hmm:

It's just another newspaper report.
  • Well, yes. But reports are all we have at the moment, so I'm speculating on that report.
  • In the Express... :doh: but if we can sell him for 45m then yes please...

• Wow Express :doh:
  • You're surprised?
  • Express also believes we are 'keen to sign' Marseille midfielder Morgan Sanson ... 6' central midfielder. We should be exploring options, it will be interesting to see who lands.
  • They probably meant Morgan Freeman or Kenny Sansom
  • edited June 2019
    I think we have to start getting comfortable as a club with having players linked & welcome that. It’s a sign that the club is doing a lot of good things.

At the end of the day, if our CB is being touted for £50m a year after signing, it shows the scouting is vastly improved on the last decade now & also that the player is playing well. We need that. The best way to be a club that grows is to sign good, young players & increase their value quickly. Then we have the option to keep it we really want to & hope they don’t force a move (Arnie), or cash in & make ourselves a massive profit & reinvest.

Really it’s a win-win for the club. Ok, in an ideal world we reject all offers & go on to win the league, but it is not likely. If Man Utd want Diop, they bid, we can choose. Reject & build around him, take the profit of £20m-£30m, replace & reinvest elsewhere. Not a bad business plan for a player who has been here a year.

Isn’t it nice to have people like Diop, Rice, Arnie, Anderson being linked with moves away for mega money. Beats the days of having the players where we all said ‘who would pay any money for any of our players’.

The ball is in our court until we get a stroppy player. Then we can cash in as we have little choice. Until Diop throws a cob (which he may not), we are in the box seat. Keep key player or cash in for mega bucks.

Husillos & Pelle know the biz inside out. They will do what is right.
  • Agreed Lukerz.

We just have to make sure we don’t end up like Southampton and sell all of our good players. You can’t keep on selling good players and buying cheaper alternatives who are just as good. Eventually, you’ll end up buying rubbish.
  • They probably meant Morgan Freeman or Kenny Sansom

Or captain Morgan
  • Lukerz we seem to have taken a leaf out of dare I say it spurs book signing young players and if we need to sell at a large profit a la bale
  • edited June 2019
    Maxi Gomez expected to join Valencia according to reports in Spain. To be honest, you’d think if he was any good, he’d be making a bigger move than that (Madrid, Atletico, Barca). So we’ll see how he does there.
  • Doesn’t leave us any further forward

We have lost two strikers

We have the following left

Arnie - has shown his head can be turned, and gets his fair share of injuries

Chica - Probably not Pelle’s ideal type of striker and is probably disillusioned as he wants to play more

Hugill - I’ll say no more on him

• But it’s June
  • Barcelona were concerned he doesn’t have a European passport. Real have just got Jovic & he could still go to Atletico to replace Griezmann?
  • But they haven’t bid for him. Are Valencia in Europe next season.
  • Yes, in the Champions League.
  • I mean we've done everything we could, havent we

We had a fee accepted

Just the player who is Spanish speaking, who loves in Spain, has decided to join another Spanish club who are a bigger club then us (they have yoyo'd a bit but they were always among spanish second tier behind the big 2/3) who are in the champions league
  • I mean we've done everything we could, havent we

We had a fee accepted

Just the player who is Spanish speaking, who loves in Spain, has decided to join another Spanish club who are a bigger club then us (they have yoyo'd a bit but they were always among spanish second tier behind the big 2/3) who are in the champions league

Absolutely bang on the head. There's more to transfers than the money.

We're in the running for Isaac Hayden because he wants to move south for family reasons, Scott Parker didn't want to leave London because of his kids, Payet turned down an offer from PSG because his missus has upped and taken the kids back to Marseilles, etc.

Football players are human.
  • Payet Human yes probably think that when he’s playing in China for a humongous salary
  • He hasn’t joined anyone yet ? Who thought we would get Anderson or Fornals I think playing in London Pellegrini and the premier league are big pulls plus loads of cash aswell
  • Reports in Spain saying negotiations between Valencia and Celta Vigo have broken down :hmm:
  • Reports in Spain saying negotiations between Valencia and Celta Vigo have broken down :hmm:

It only took 5 hours then based on a previous post! It’s almost as though people are guessing - surely not :lol:
This discussion has been closed.