Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Maybe the tide has turned, the mighty Hammers are on the ascendant

:coyi:
  • edited June 2019
    Up, up and away - ooh, I feel a song coming on :biggrin:
  • Been in a meeting for two hours. Have we signed Gomez yet?
  • I don’t think so. I’ve been refreshing quite a bit and as a result my phone is on 68%. I’m not sure it will last the day
  • London Evening Standard say we are upping our offer
  • edited June 2019
    Julien Maynard of French TV channel TF1 says Diop is up for a move to Man U.

According to Spanish newspaper Marca Celta Vigo prefer a part-ex deal with Valencia, CF Santi Mina plus cash for Gomez.
  • That's cool then, I mean Man U are a way off Champions league football...
  • Why don't we give chicarito to Valencia. Then they can let us have Maxi 😂
  • The gut feel (mine) seems to be that he actually doesn’t want to join us. Fair enough if so, but we should then close it off quickly and move on. We don’t want Bacca mark 2 because all it will mean is that we will end up with a Calleri equivalent come 8th August.
  • Im sure Hussilos and Pelle have a cunning plan B C D and E lined up rather than just asking their son who looks good on Football Manager/FIFA :lol:
  • The gut feel (mine) seems to be that he actually doesn’t want to join us. Fair enough if so, but we should then close it off quickly and move on. We don’t want Bacca mark 2 because all it will mean is that we will end up with a Calleri equivalent come 8th August.

Wouldn’t call Arnie a Calleri equivalent personally
  • So Sky say Diop is content at West Ham but wants to play in the Champions League in the future.

Reports in France say his camp want the move & may force him to hand in a transfer request.

:hmm:

I mean Manchester United offering £50m for him? I like Diop & he has potential but not £50m based on last season. United just appear desperate at the moment.
  • Lukerz said:

The gut feel (mine) seems to be that he actually doesn’t want to join us. Fair enough if so, but we should then close it off quickly and move on. We don’t want Bacca mark 2 because all it will mean is that we will end up with a Calleri equivalent come 8th August.

Wouldn’t call Arnie a Calleri equivalent personally
    I interpreted barack's comment to be referring to a new signing.
  • Sometimes potential is worth taking a chance and me personally believe diop will become a top player
  • Bearing in mind his age and that it was hi first season in the Prem, I'd say he will be better next season and has the potential to be a massive player (not just literally). Just a matter of time before hes called up to the France squad apparently...

In todays market, with the 50M bid for Wan Bissaka and rumoured 80M for Maguire etc., I'd want comfortably more than 45M (paper quote bid)

Yes, he will eventually go for CL football. However, it'd be nice if we were more like other clubs and got a massive fee for one of our shrewd investments for a change.

We could then chase Maripan and co., using at least a chunk of the money gained to strengthen our squad

Yes, that sounds simple and easy :whistle:

#70M
  • If we’d really gone for 7th and got it we’d be in Europa next season. Win that and it’s champions league the year after. Can’t be that difficult can it?
  • Did someone say 'nurse' :hmm: :puzzled:
  • Josh Pask joins Coventry
  • God once they start Sky they don’t stop on a story do they. Why on earth would we let a players agent know what we would sell him for?
  • I wonder what player we would want from Man Utd? Disregarding the expensive/best players (Pogba, Rashford, De Gea, Martial, Lukaku), I’m not sure I’d want any of their other players.
  • I actually wouldn't want Pogba. Only take him to sell him to some other mug club
  • edited June 2019
    Sanchez :biggrin:
  • Sounds like Sky just regurgitating their own story. They said yesterday that the club say he’s not for sale and wouldn’t sell for anything less than £60M when they were reporting an alleged £45M bid.
  • A hate the term “Sky Sports news understands”. What do they understand and what leads them to understand it. If they’re trying to make it sound factual why not say “Sky Sports news has been told” etc etc.
  • edited June 2019
    Yeah it is typical Sky Sports.

Ever since they got the reputation as the pinnacle of transfer reporting, they really have built into the hype & really bigged themselves up. The ‘Jim White’ lovefest is when it all started & now they really do believe their own hype. Deadline day is when it all comes to the boil, Jim White sits there with phone ringing from various agents & read out the texts he receives from people.

The other day they reported Manchester United interested in Diop & prepared to pay £45m plus a player. They say West Ham will not entertain any offers below £60m & that they were told he is not for sale.

Then they report that West Ham will sell for
    £60m, which is basically what they said before but now with the more concrete ‘West Ham will see at that price, we understand’.

Independent report that we are only going to entertain a sale if we get Martial as part of the deal. Manchester United have rejected that & so we have said ‘no deal’.
  • And of course it has nothing to do with trying to steer people towards Skybet
  • Although Sky Bet is no longer owned by Sky ...
  • Mere details...
This discussion has been closed.