The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• And what about the good old fashioned ice pop - the ones bought in packs of 50 where you cut the top off and push up from the bottom. You’d suck on it, taking out the flavour and making the ice go white. Then at the end you’d bet left with some lovely cold concentrated liquid which you would then “neck” to finish off. Lime was my favourite

No idea if you can still get them - they were a very decent offering in the 70s

Can anyone remember jubbleys
  • Better than cricket though :ok:
  • edited July 2019
    Cuz1 said:

And what about the good old fashioned ice pop - the ones bought in packs of 50 where you cut the top off and push up from the bottom. You’d suck on it, taking out the flavour and making the ice go white. Then at the end you’d bet left with some lovely cold concentrated liquid which you would then “neck” to finish off. Lime was my favourite

Mustn't make rude joke :puzzled:
  • Cuz1 said:

They're there. Top tier.

• edited July 2019
    I like this topic - I don’t believe it is possible to discuss ice cream in any sort of a negative way.

And it even entices people to comment in the middle of the night (Mrs G)
  • Ice cream or ice lollies. What we talking about now? Or you talking about topics because I like a drifter or a wispa gold.
  • My dear friend, I would have to completely agree with you on the Wispa Gold front.
  • edited July 2019
    Cuz1 said:

And what about the good old fashioned ice pop - the ones bought in packs of 50 where you cut the top off and push up from the bottom. You’d suck on it, taking out the flavour and making the ice go white. Then at the end you’d bet left with some lovely cold concentrated liquid which you would then “neck” to finish off. Lime was my favourite

I believe in Peckham they're considered lovely
  • OCS, I think you'll find that is spelt luverly. ;)
  • Ice breaker
  • I doubt that a Rossi’s 99 can be legitimately described as an ice lollie - but it is undoubtedly a food of the gods
  • Where is the Mivvi? Do they not exist anymore?
  • Who do you think will turn out to be the more exciting player - Fornals or Haller?
  • I see the Royal Spanish League has ruled that La Liga games cannot be played on a Fridays or Mondays as Spanish fans don’t want them.
  • Yes, although La Liga are challenging that ruling.
  • BT sport showing game at Upton Park against Bradford 1999-2000. The team achieved bog all but some of the players on show... Di Canio , Ferdinand , Cole , Lampard. By today's standards that's £300 million worth of talent at least
  • Ham, have you been a naughty boy? :clown:

A holidaymaker dressed as a clown prompted a mass brawl on a cruise ship in which passengers used furniture and plates as weapons, according to witnesses.

“One witness, part of a group involved in the trouble, explained to staff that things kicked off when another passenger appeared dressed as a clown. This upset one of their party because they’d specifically booked a cruise with no fancy dress. It led to a violent confrontation,”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/27/passenger-in-clown-suit-prompts-mass-brawl-on-po-cruise-ship
  • Weren't me :puzzled: I've been here the whole time I promise
  • :scary:
  • it's no laughing matter!
  • It's always funny watching someone punch a clown. (Slight language)

• Mivvis, by the way, are today masquerading as Malaysian cars. They come in various colours; chocolate myvi, blackberry myvi, blueberry myvi, lime myvi, and vaniilla myvi. They're rubbish, as well. ;)
  • MrsGrey, from that item regarding the clown on a cruise ship

"It followed an afternoon of ‘patriotic’ partying on deck, with large amounts of alcohol being consumed by many guests."

I wonder what that could possibly refer to. :whistle:

• Liverpool getting hosed by Napoli. Shame, eh?
  • :biggrin: indeed
  • edited July 2019
    Napoli, coasting like a greased tea tray down a ski slope, and finding themselves with nothing to do, decide they may as well practice their simulation.
  • Watching Spurs v Real Madrid. Spurs one up and by far the better side in both halves so far.

Always nice to see Real discomfited, even if it means Spurs doing well.
  • Also nice to o be able to use 'discomfited'

Apparently, Real have had a player sent off in all of their pre-season games so far...
  • edited July 2019
    Troy Parrot comes on for Spurs, wearing 71 - pieces of eight, pieces of eight...
This discussion has been closed.