The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• I just turned my kitchen into a massive fort for my daughter with some pegs and blankets she is happy not sure my wife will be when she gets home :lol:
  • Make sure you pull up the drawbridge then. :biggrin:
  • I loved making forts...
  • As long as you take it down at knight

• Branching out, expat?
  • How many women has he been with???
  • Hey thats not fair! It could mean his wife or daughters or even his Mum... ;)

# There's Athina line between love and hate
  • So gormless gordon had set a precedent with Boris merely following it :wink:

I may have said this before but Boris is the 15th Prime Minister since the 1945 General Election, eight of those 15 became PM when the previous one resigned.

May/Cameron 2016
    Brown/Blair 2007
    Major/Thatcher 1990
    Callaghan/Wilson 1976
    Douglas-Home/Macmillan 1963
    Macmillan/Eden 1957
    Eden/Churchill 1955

Only Eden called a General Election directly after becoming PM, he became PM on 6 April and the country went to the polls on 26 May. He won a slightly increased majority and was then utterly humiliated over the failed invasion of Suez.

May called an election 11 months after she became PM and lost her majority but rather than invading a foreign country she failed to leave the EU. I think that makes her a slightly better PM than Eden.
  • MrsGrey said:

Branching out, expat?

Do need to earn a penny you know :wink:
  • Half watching the Man U - Spurs game. Quite fun watching them trying to kick lumps our of each other. #nolovelost
  • Is it on tv
  • edited July 2019
    MUTV

• I’m watching the cricket.

England are 187-3 and lead by 65 runs.
  • and my Ashes tickets have arrived :wahoo:
  • You poor thing
  • They’re now 194-5
  • Some very questionable ranking here... Twister on the bottom shelf, shocking...

• Calippo on mid tier :lol: not even worth taking seriously
  • Where is funny feet on the list?
  • edited July 2019
    Nobbly Bobbly needs to be higher
  • You’re not wrong there Alderz

The office bought in a whole assortment of ice creams today and I picked one of those up not having a clue what they were.

Heavenly
  • If I could go back in time and have my first nobbly bobbly again all would be right in the world
  • I was walking to the office car park eating mine whilst speaking with a colleague on a work related matter. I now bitterly regret not giving the nobbly the complete undivided attention it deserved.
  • Not even a mention of the Toffee Crumble?
  • I have a confession to make.....

I’ve never had a nobbly bobbly...
  • And what about the good old fashioned ice pop - the ones bought in packs of 50 where you cut the top off and push up from the bottom. You’d suck on it, taking out the flavour and making the ice go white. Then at the end you’d bet left with some lovely cold concentrated liquid which you would then “neck” to finish off. Lime was my favourite

No idea if you can still get them - they were a very decent offering in the 70s
  • I mean are even half of these actually ice lollies?
  • Ice lollies? How very quaint. :lol:
  • the problem with ice cream in hot weather is it makes you thirsty

:hmm:
  • Well this thread has taken a surreal turn. :wahoo:
This discussion has been closed.