The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• I think that City deserved to lose after wearing that kit

It was like an anti-master class in penalties.
  • edited July 2019
    Good question!!
    Let's have a separate thread so that it doesn't get lost :biggrin:
  • I have seen the following two headlines on the BBC sport website today

1. “Paul Pogba brings everybody at Man Utd together”
    2. “Is Bale the most successful ‘failure’ ever?”

:doh:

You have to question what types of numpty are being paid by the licence payer to write such tripe
  • The first one is a quotation from Mata.
  • edited July 2019
    All the people going on today about how Bale's stats show he was better for Madrid than Zidane :doh:

Yeah, let's ignore that his goals came as a forward while Zidane's were as a midfielder...or that his CL wins came with Zidane as manager.
  • They asked Trump to do it, but he turned it down.
  • I actually know a lot about painting. A lot. I'm a really great painter. Really great. Lots of people have told me that.
  • So Boris is PM........
  • Moojor said:

So Boris is PM........

Mods - can we have a swearing amnesty for the rest of the day please? If this news doesn't warrant it then I don't know what does
  • Moojor said:

So Boris is PM........

No words.
  • I have plenty. If you're considering the above... :whistle:
  • edited July 2019
    His myriad faults and failings, not least his dishonesty and disloyalty, are a matter of public record, and yet this has not affected those making this choice.

This is a man who lied to his PM whilst serving as a minister, and then refused to resign when he was found to have been lying. That is the man who is now PM of the United (at least for a bit longer) Kingdom.
  • I cannot remember a time when we have had such a lack of decent political leaders across the spectrum maybe it's time to look at the lesser parties and break the mould
  • edited July 2019
    pathman

I think people should look carefully at how much (and why) Corbyn is vilified in the media, compared to how soft a ride Johnson has and will get in comparison.

Johnson's failings and faults are a matter of factual, non-deniable, public record. Apart from smears and slurs, what are Corbyn's failings?
  • Grey, you have clearly not heard the almost constant character assassination of BJ by the BBC over the last few weeks. One of the reasons I am sure he has refused to appear on the Today programme.

Please note I am not defending BJ and agree with many of the comments, but he has certainly not been given a soft ride for some time.
  • edited July 2019

pathman

I think people should look carefully at how much (and why) Corbyn is vilified in the media, compared to how soft a ride Johnson has and will get in comparison.

Johnson's failings and faults are a matter of factual, non-deniable, public record. Apart from smears and slurs, what are Corbyn's failings?

We clearly have a different view of the man , one of the most pointless excerises is to debate this. I can start a 500 response thread on this but not all the press can be dismissed as anti propaganda and I am old enough to hear his pro terrorist rants and I do have a relative who survived the Brighton bomb and his reaction to it, don't even get me started on momentum and anti semitism. Cant stand Boris either btw.

• Me and a mate predicting a leaders summit back in 2016,
  • The real bet was that we had to dine in Trump tower wearing Trump wigs, I always stated that mine was more Boris than Donald - it was a laugh though
  • The real bet was that we had to dine in Trump tower wearing Trump wigs, I always stated that mine was more Boris than Donald - it was a laugh though

If only it was a laughing matter :weep:
  • Dodger

But with Johnson, it isn't character assassination - that is rather my point. His faults and failings are a a matter of dismal public record.

Johnson has refused to appear on most media for the simple reason, imo, that his handlers knew they couldn't trust him, and that his past would be brought up for scrutiny.
  • IMO Corbyn is worthy of the gutter and no more, Boris.....its going to be interesting!
  • If one wants to find someone who is free from “fault and failing”, parliament as a whole is the last place one should look IMO
  • jay

If you care to, would you say why you think that?
  • edited July 2019
    Personal reasons, his anti semitism antics of past just gets me started, but I respect others opinions, i just personally think the world would be better without people like him. :ok:
  • jay

Each to their own. Have to be honest, I haven't seen any clear evidence of Corbyn being antisemitic. Anti-Zionist, yes, for sure.

• I actually know a lot about painting. A lot. I'm a really great painter. Really great. Lots of people have told me that.

• His myriad faults and failings, not least his dishonesty and disloyalty, are a matter of public record, and yet this has not affected those making this choice.

This is a man who lied to his PM whilst serving as a minister, and then refused to resign when he was found to have been lying. That is the man who is now PM of the United (at least for a bit longer) Kingdom.

Boris has been elected leader because the success of Farage's Brexit Party has seriously frightened the Tories. The irony is that there wouldn't have been any Euro elections and the Brexit Party would be nothing if we'd left the EU in March.

So basically all those MPs who voted against May's Brexit deal are responsible for Boris becoming PM.
This discussion has been closed.