The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Windies vs Afghanistan, last ball of the match, Afghans need 24 to win, yet Fabian Allen still makes an unbelievable one-handed diving catch over his shoulder virtually parallel to the ground. :bowdown:
  • I see another of our women’s team has gone, this time to Spurs
  • edited July 2019

I see another of our women’s team has gone, this time to Spurs

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/july/05-july/jack-sullivan-keen-west-ham-united-womens-team-keep-progressing

Seems as Mrs G said yesterday they have plans in place to replace the many women who have left this summer?

I know this should be on the transfer thread but wanted to reply to the above. If someone could move it over I would appreciate it. :ok:
  • Had a day at the cricket yesterday.Afghans,Jamaicans,English,Trinidadians all enjoying the day all mixed in together.Loads of kids on school outings,no one getting lairy or out of order.
    Brought a smile to this old cynics face.
  • Been thinking about this a bit - to me, a lot of player unrest is caused/driven by agents. Financially an agent seems to do very well if their clients move clubs, and often now throwing a strop will achieve this. Something needs to dramatically change.

Maybe all agents fees for every transfer should be deposited with FIFA, or another central body, and only released to the agent over the course of the contract of the player with their club. So the full fee is only earned if the player fulfills his contract.

This may not work, but something urgently needs to be done IMO
  • Maybe the players should pay the agent rather than the club :hmm:
  • You want money deposited with FIFA? :nonono:
  • I love how the picture editors work. :biggrin:

• Sign the dog, it looks fit... :yercoat:
  • Off on me hols today to the sunny climes of Halkidiki.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48945821

:doh:

• Take your tool kit with you, could be some running repairs required.
  • edited July 2019
    :nonono:
    Take it from me, you'll be glad the weather has broken. It has been unbearable the last week.

But going forward, you'll be enjoying cooler temperatures, with highs of around 30, 32 degrees.

Positively chilly. :biggrin:

edit - best weather site for Greece, imo http://www.meteo.gr/cf.cfm?city_id=68
  • Roger Federer is not human
  • Can he play up front?
  • England have just won the Cricket World Cup ik the most dramatic fashion possible! 4 accidental overthrows and a step on the rope 6 lead to a super over which England tie and then win through boundaries scored!

What. A. Game
    If that wasn't advertising for Cricket then I don't know.
  • Even Ham must have enjoyed that
  • I sit next to a kiwi at work think we will be discussing cricket instead of football to tomorrow. Overall a blinding day of sport , longest Wimbledon men’s final Hamilton wins British gp and England win the World Cup
  • I actually caught the end of it and it was mildly entertaining
  • God I miss football
  • Fantastic drama , Kiwis were so unlucky almost West Ham-esque.
    I watched every over and I don't normally :clap: follow cricket
  • I used to love playing cricket. Had to give it up though as I kept getting the runs... :whistle:
  • ‘Over’ and ‘over’ :run:
  • :fishslap:
  • Bazshuayi said:

I used to love playing cricket. Had to give it up though as I kept getting the runs... :whistle:

So not because you bowled a maiden over then?
  • yes with a fine long leg... totally stumped me til I got out on bail :tumbleweed: :yercoat:
  • But I heard she was a slip of a girl and you were to going to keeper. I’ll stop now as I may cross a boundary only to get run out of town and be long off this forum.

:biggrin:
  • That was silly mid on
  • It’s now being claimed that the six given when the ball hit Stokes’s bat and went for four overthrows should only have been five because the batsmen hadn’t crossed when the ball was thrown. Therefore we really lost by 1 run.
    If the umpires don’t know the laws then that’s their problem and obviously none of the players are aware of the laws either.
  • Yes I saw that. That was the interpretation of Simon Taufel, former umpire (and highly regarded one too)
This discussion has been closed.