The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• You weren't on Victory were you Cuz? :whistle:
  • He knew Nelson before he lost his eye... :biggrin:
  • I work in the Naval Base Suze. If you'd said you were there I could have let you buy me lunch.

But yeah, it's an interesting place, the Heritage Area. Did you get onboard HMS Warrior? A little trivia for those that don't know, the shape of our current badge is based on the outline of the hull of Warrior, which was built at the Thames Ironworks.
  • OCS, that's a brilliant piece of trivia :ok:
  • OCS

We went on every ship we were allowed to.

It’s a great place.
  • And the ticket lasts 12 months
  • Yep. We plan to go back in a few months.

I might even treat OCS to a cheese sandwich.
  • Yep. We plan to go back in a few months.

100% he does not deserve it
  • It should be the host (OCS) who should be treating the visitor (SC)
  • alderz said:

Yep. We plan to go back in a few months.

100% he does not deserve it

• We also went to the D Day museum.

https://theddaystory.com

In there is a tapestry of the DDay campaign which is jaw dropping.
  • I guess you were down here too late for the D Day celebrations Suze? There was about five days of events down here. Very humbling stuff.
  • Yeh, we missed that but the museum was really good. First person stories and things you could interact with. My dad only has 10% of his sight and he was allowed to touch a lot of the exhibits. There were learning stations for kids.

A very impressive place.
  • Very British problems....

• Number 2 is my personal favourite. I've tried, but it's physically impossible not to :lol:
  • Number 6 is me
  • There is another one where you follow someone through a series of doors that they hold open for you and you feel you have to say 'thank you' in a different way for each one; 'thanks', 'cheers', 'ta' :lol:
  • I'm number 8.

It was especially bad when him_indoors worked for The London Underground and I had a nominees pass (free travel).
  • edited June 2019
    Number 1. Why? Why? Every single time.

:weep:
  • edited June 2019
    5, 6 and 7 for me due to my commute to London. Number 5 is especially stressful for me.
  • edited June 2019
    Always choose the aisle seat. Always. On train, 'plane or bus.

Because on a plane - if the person in the aisle seat is asleep, How are you going to go to the loo?

Let's face it - there's no way you are going to shake them by the shoulder until they wake up, then ask them to let you out. :nonono: #horror
  • edited June 2019
    But Mrs G, on the flip side would you want to be shaken from your slumbers merely to let someone else out.

I have climbed across Mrs E with some aplomb without waking her on flights, although I believe the numerous brandies she had consumed worked in my favour :biggrin:
  • I don't sleep.
  • edited June 2019
    #sleepisforwimps :biggrin:
  • But, essentially, yes.
  • When I’m working in London, I tend to get very early (therefore emptier) tube trains to do so. Automatically therefore I feel an extra sense of entitlement. So if I don’t get the entire block of four seats all to myself for my entire journey on the met line, it ruins my mood for the whole morning.
  • MrsGrey said:

I don't sleep.

Not even on long haul :nonono:
This discussion has been closed.