The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• Does he play on the wing?
  • Surely he came off of the perch rather than the bench :biggrin:
  • Think he’s a ringer
  • He’s really cagey that one, can be a little bit repetitive but can always be found on the shoulder of the defender ready to pluck out an opportunity :yercoat:
  • If Norwich came in for him, would he budgee and swap a Cockerel for a Canary :yercoat:
  • From BBC Sport

New Premier League football season: Can the 'Big Six' monopoly be broken?

Discussing Leicester, Everton and Wolves' chances.

We finished on the same points as Leicester, 2 behind Everton, 5 behind Wolves.

#choppedliver

• BBC sport obviously believe they have had or are going to have a better transfer window. :whistle:
  • When you have gotten used to the quality of cricket commentary and you turn on the football only to hear Glen Twaddle.....

• This is going to sound a bit unsportsmanlike but I feel Anderson needs to go to ground when he goes shoulder to shoulder with players. It's quite clear the way Anderson plays is sort of low tempo, with an element of calmness to his play. I've seen some defenders go in shoulder to shoulder with him with far more aggression and intent (as well as the fact they often are physically stronger than him anyway). Players like Noble and Scott Parker when we had him mastered this when they found themselves in difficult situations or wanted to bide down time/run the clock down. I'm not saying Anderson needs to dive in the box when there's the tiniest bit of contact, but if he's not going to win the 50-50 physical battles, sometimes hitting the floor is enough (at times) to win a free kick. Controversial I know.
  • No thanks. I like Anderson when he's on his feet, he's far more dangerous.
  • West Ham are one of only 4 PL clubs to commit to paying the (voluntary) Living Wage, rather than just the minimum wage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49288182
  • I just read that article and you beat me to the post grey. Sums up not only what is wrong in Top level football but also perhaps in society altogether.

Interesting that Man City aren’t signed up. But perhaps at the same time not surprising
  • edited August 2019
    Good to see some positive press about the club
  • edited August 2019

Deccers really is living his best life :lol:
  • Adrian on for Liverpool already!
  • Good to see all the intensive training during the pre-season, wonder what Citeh's was like? :hmm:

And another thing, what's with all the shorts rolled up? They're all doing it now! :puzzled:
  • edited August 2019
    Just looked into getting my daughter a limo for her birthday. I thought £500 was ok then found out that didn't include the driver!!

All that money and nothing to chauffeur it....
  • I'll drive it
  • As an analyst, this article really annoys me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49319480

Either, the analysis is shocking, or the journalist hasn’t explained intrinsic value at all. To end the article claiming Bryan was worth £27m to us is an absolute farce, and makes the whole article look ridiculous (it already was ridiculous before that part)
  • Was just reading that, Alderz.

The use of 'intrinsic' was really irritating, as it implied something more concrete than 'well, we reckon...')
  • I think he got his decimal points in the wrong place. :doh:
  • The Athletic is a good investment for some actual good football writing in one place, instead of the odd good writer spread over a few publications.

A guy called Roshane Thomas is covering West Ham for them and has a good article about Haller talking to past coaches etc.
  • Can someone make sense of this as I am struggling to do so -

"If Cluj were a really good team, they would have taken another couple of goals off Celtic on the counterattack. They were an average team that played above themselves. They were brilliant." :hmm:
  • Yesterday’s Celtic game’s stats were apparently: (per the bbc)

Celtic - 3 shots, 3 shots on target, 3 goals

Cluj - 4 shots, 4 shots on target, 4 goals

Possession: 50:50

• Herb

Is that from Chris Sutton?
  • No, Pat Bonner
  • edited August 2019
    According to police sources, an old case is to be reinvestigated after new evidence appears to suggest that Bo Peep was participating in an insurance fraud.

:yercoat:
  • "ADRIAN!!!!!!!!"

Of course Jurgen Klopp has gone full Rocky Balboa on us 😂

🎤 @DesKellyBTS pic.twitter.com/BZzG4hNXxo

— Watch #EarlyKickOff live on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) August 14, 2019
  • Well that didn’t take long. Adrian already has a winners medal for his trophy cabinet.
    I guess it was a good move after all.
  • edited August 2019
    I used to pride myself on being a bit of a music buff (anorak knowledge back in the day. I could name so many singles release dates, label etc).

So.... I never knew of this song until I heard the last part of it on KBLX 102.9 a couple of days ago. So I searched a lyric line on google and visited YouTube.

OMG what a song!!!! I actually thought there was a good chance I might get pregnant when Barry White started singing. :nonono:

This discussion has been closed.