TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• bats and lacaezette were both good did arsenal and Chelsea ruin them? Sometimes transfers don't work out its not just West Ham , Torres to Chelsea for example
  • As per Ex on Twitter, Hugill has been signed, and will wear No 12 shirt.
  • Also said club don't know how they can get old Donkerz over for a medical in time ;lol
  • Hamstew,

It's easy three and half hours until the window slams shut. Mike Ashley used his own plane to get Slimani up to the North East.
  • We’ve all seen selling clubs allowing the use of their medical facilities for Testing.
  • Concorde is still around, right?
  • edited January 2018
    It's about a half hour flight. Also why all the messing about on the 31st Jan, they've the 30 days before this to get him over here for a medical. This is what infuriates me about our transfer business.
  • They just don’t want to part with the dosh. After the window closes sully will probably say they tried but just ran out of time
  • Adam

I was conducting a training session with three of our most recently hired bright young things and I used Concorde as an example - two of them had no idea what Concorde was.

I concluded that it was about time that I updated my training material

Ho hum ;weep
  • Why bother with a medical as once they're signed most of them are in the Spire on a regular basis.
  • Slowly starting to drop their excuses in? ;ok
  • edited January 2018
    Hamstew said:

Also said club don't know how they can get old Donkerz over for a medical in time ;lol

Sounds familiar.

SHF is right, selling clubs can use their facilities for the medical if needs be. And the last straw I'm clutching at is that that is why he's at Anderlecht's training ground.

But if we miss out on a player that we've had 31 days to sign because we 'ran out of time' I think I'm going to boil my own head.
  • As somebody on here said face time them doing star jumps
  • Hellooooo everyone i'm back after all this time. Did y'all miss me? Great signing in that big lad from up north.
  • Maybe they needed to flog ayew first ;hmm
  • Good old Beeb sum it up very well at 19.25 on their rolling transfer page. ;lol
  • edited January 2018

It's about a half hour flight. Also why all the messing about on the 31st Jan, they've the 30 days before this to get him over here for a medical. This is what infuriates me about our transfer business.

Some clubs “ spuds” in the past ,get extre time to do there signings!
  • ianbishoplegend

Is this pardewlegend's younger brother?
  • I like Moyes policy of only getting players we need. No Fontes, Ayews, Snodgrasses this window.
  • So I'm assuming the Preston fans are up in arms or do they have a replacement?
  • Some pundit on twitter with an extremely insightful update on Dendonker and West Ham

“It might happen, it might not happen”
  • Some pundit on twitter with an extremely insightful update on Dendonker and West Ham

“It might happen, it might not happen”

That's why they get paid the big bucks
  • chicago, re making the player fee valued with the size of the bid. I now what you mean, but I think they are all well aware of how it works in football. I don't think they take it personally, as long as the final package (ESPECIALLY including personal terms!!) is to their liking.
  • edited January 2018
    We'll sell Arnie in the summer for £40 million and replace him with some 28 year old player from Torquay united for £2.5 million
  • This site is so tiring at times.

If only there were some way to not use it...
    Just popped back to say, there is and I’ve found it, twist give me a bell I’ll let you in on the secret ;biggrin
    Doesn't seem to be working. ;wink
    Believe me it is....and will do, just ironing out a couple of bugs, until it goes into production mode, glad to help another “user”
    2 comments and 30 odd reactions? Seems like using the site to me...

Okay I know your probably taking satisfaction in getting me to respond, so one last time I am out of here for now regarding commenting, unless there is also a problem with pushing reaction buttons now? If so then delete me and you’ll be happier.

There are a few on here who post next to nothing but hit the buttons, have you mentioned this trait to them as well? Actually don’t bother answering because then I’ll feel obliged to show courtesy and reply.

Good luck

;ok

• Mrs grey
    That did sound sarcastic your right I wasn’t though I would rather have young hungry players in on a smaller fee and try and unearth another gem
  • As long as there are signatures on the papers deals can be finalised as late as 1 am
  • thorn, 12?

(window shuts at 11)
  • edited January 2018
    Slizzy

You are free to do what you like in terms of using the forum.

My comment was an attempt to express the wry amusement I felt, which came from your protestations that you were off, only to find that you aren't.

As I've said on several occasions, go or stay, post or don't post, take a break, carry on, whatever suits you.

I'm honestly indifferent. That's not meant to be insulting; I simply have no feelings about whether or not you (or indeed anyone) uses the site.
  • Surely the board have not said that about the lad from Belgium
    If they were that keen they could of flew him in this morning and if we fail to sign him on the fact he could not get here on time that I’m sure all will agree is a tad poor
    As for the other two
    Decent business
This discussion has been closed.