TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• alderz said:

alderz said:

IMO if we count Oxford as one out (given that he wasn't here in the first half of the season) we have to count Burke & Cullen as two in.

Whether they are good enough is up for debate, but they are bodies in.

;lol

OK Burke has gone back to Bolton
    Hang on, we've let someone else go?!
  • Moyes has just found out that West Ham have been twinned with Sunderland

Welcome to our world mr moyes
  • According to the BBC deadline day thread
  • Got to be more to this than meets the eye. The HMRC raids, serious cash flow issues, Newcastle also behaving similarly.

How can we be unwilling to spend such little money given our squad, income and player sales?
  • Burke out Ginge staying?
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

IMO if we count Oxford as one out (given that he wasn't here in the first half of the season) we have to count Burke & Cullen as two in.

;lol

It would appear so - unless the OS is telling porkies ;lol
  • Moses Makasi went earlier.
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

;lol

It would appear so - unless the OS is telling porkies ;lol
    Staggered
  • Look I get these guys aren't world beaters. But there is no way our squad isn't weaker. If it wasn't for these guys we would have had an even more inexperienced bench last night.
  • edited January 2018
    The West Ham Way guys, who have generally been pro-board, are losing their stuff on the radio show ;lol
  • Not only us Mansfield have told there fans not to go to bed yet they getting a striker in half hour
  • It's understandable

This is laughable

The manager says we need bodies in at the start of the window.... then we lose a couple KEY players to injuries....and sell 2 players who have featured this season...letting go of the loan guys we recalled...and only got one in (who is a great buy tbf)
  • I bet the hugill £9m isn’t the cash amount. It’ll probably only have been about £3m up from with add ons thereafter
  • edited January 2018
    It may appear out of order, but I know some on here will understand this, but I can't wait to see/hear what the the pro board faction have to say about the way they continually wind us up with the way they are running, or not based on recent evidence, our club. ;weep
  • edited January 2018
    Personally, I am not pro or anti board. There are times I find them very frustrating and other times I think they have done well. I think that the belief that the board are deliberately trying to wind up fans is bizarre, tbh
  • so still nobody in ;weep
  • I’m not going down the road of putting my oar in, I want them out end of or someone hired to deal with transfers because you can’t get it wrong all of the time and not do anything about it
  • Letting go of Ayew for £18m is good business as, IMO, we overpaid for him in the first Palace and he is not worth that.

Letting Sakho go for anything is good business as he has offered up nothing for months and would not do so for the rest of the season.

Getting Mario in is good business as he looks like he could be a quality addition to the squad.

I hope that Hugill comes in as, on the face of it, I think that could be good business as well.

Letting Burke and Oxford go is not a disaster as I am not convinced they were good enough in any case.

Rice looks like he can step up into the senior squad

If Koyoute gets back to form that is almost like getting a new player as he has been woeful but apparently has shown that he just may be on the way back.

The only really frustrating thing that I can see that has happened is that we have huffed and puffed about getting Dendoncker in - if he was a strong target then we should have gone in an secured him before now, it does seem to have a touch of a Brian Rix farce about it.

Keep calm and carry on

;wink
  • Great post chicago ;ok
  • Oh - and we should have been in for Giroud, have I said that before?
  • 18 million is good for Ayew but why did we sell him?
  • Chicago agreed with your penultimate post but there was no way Giroud would have come to us.
  • Hamstew said:

18 million is good for Ayew but why did we sell him?

18 big ones in daves pockets
  • alderz,

Bizarre!

Sorry you feel that way but it's born out of utter frustration in continually being drawn in with the belief that they will do right by the club and they IMHO fail every time. ;ok
  • How anyone can think getting Hugil in ffor 9 million is a good deal? I bet not many on here had even heard him mentioned before today. An average championship player with a very average scoring record. Preston must be laughing their heads off at getting 9 million and so must our board. They have made money in this window even though our squad is paper thin with loads of injuries .
    There will probably be a late loan signing though of a player who is an afterthought and the board will say they tried hard again.
  • Fortune

I'm not saying you can't feel that way, at all, and I do understand the feeling of frustration, and I completely understand why some people are feeling angry. It just doesn't seem all that likely that the owners make their decisions around deliberately trying to troll the fanbase, is all.
  • Lying to the fan base is more likely
  • imagelost said:

Hamstew said:

Why did we buy him?
  • imagelost said:

imagelost said:

Hamstew said:

Why did we buy him?
    Investors in Swansea
  • We might get Amadou, he is touting himself to a number of clubs and so we might go for him as we won’t get anyone we actually wanted.
This discussion has been closed.