TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Respect the positivity Chicago, but I can't share it.

£18m is a good price for Ayew, but to sell him to a relegation rival when we didn't need to? Utterly illogical to my way of thinking.

Losing Oxford and Burke wouldn't be a big deal under normal circumstances, but they've been on the bench or the pitch during the last few games. Our injury situation and league position meant we should have strengthened the squad, or as an absolute minimum, not weakened it, and we just haven't.

The DM situation is what is really hurting my head. The fact that Dendoncker has gone exactly the same way as Carvalho, and we still haven't addressed it, is so frustrating. Two transfer windows to resolve it and the board have categorically failed to do so.

Just not good enough, IMO.
  • Has anybody at the club ever said we were even interested in Dendoncker? Genuinely don’t know the answer.
  • Has anybody at the club ever said we were even interested in Dendoncker? Genuinely don’t know the answer.

Same old fan hysteria a la Scott Hogan, Ihaenacho, etc, etc.
  • Least they didn’t lie at Mansfield they got Ricky miller from Peterborough unheard of a club telling the truth
  • I’m especially looking forward to the complete and utter outrage of the fans who had never heard of the guy until a few days ago and have literally never seen him kick a football.
  • Reporter outside OS says Hugill deal imminent and that is the ONLY signing today.
  • Delighted with Ayew sale. Him and sakho both dead wood. Can we still pick up free transfers? Reckon we can get one more likely to play than those guys.
  • Reporter outside OS says Hugill deal imminent and that is the ONLY signing today.

And how did he struggle doing that ( the reporter )... ;doh
  • Sky Sports News reporter Jamie Weir has provided this update from outside the London Stadium...

"A deal for Preston striker Jordan Hugill is imminent - he has passed his medical and he'll be the only player West Ham bring in today, I'm told."
  • Sky saying Hugil is our only signing today.

It absolutely beggars belief. I wonder if Moyes really knew how poor our board is . He has been given an awfully difficult task now. So many injuries and 7 out on loan.
    Moyes has a very difficult job now how could our board fail again so badly
  • Martinez now out on loan to Spain I hear
  • I look forward to the daily mail and everybody involved in this rubbish backing it up and seeing it through. Utter cobblers imho

• If that story is true OCS he should be sacked immediately. As director of transfers he isn't going to be missed.
  • Jay I'm not sure what you mean
  • If that story is true OCS he should be sacked immediately. As director of transfers he isn't going to be missed.

you mean sullivan and his agents ;wink ;wink ;wink ;wink
  • Thorn, I was referring to the reporter who took about 4 attempts, to get Reece Oxford, Burke & Makasi to their correct clubs!!
  • We had a "wonder kid" last season in Fletcher, got rid in the summer and Middlesbrough have now loaned him out to Sunderland.
  • If somebody had told me that we would actually make money and end up with less players at the club at the end of this window I would have said they were mad.
  • So, is this Hugill signing, or what?
  • WINDOW CLOSED!!

Have we signed Hugill?
    Have any others been allowed to leave?
    Have we convinced Ronaldinho to suspend his retirement?
    Or anything / anybody else happened on the down low?

Guess we'll find out in the next hour!

Don't go to bed.
  • Ex says it's a done deal and he's seen the photos.
  • But has he also seen the #tapes?
  • The African issue is now all over Sky. Henry has got to be sacked immediately but of course he will claim it's the policy of the board so we are going to be dragged through the mud, if not the courts.
    Let's hope it was just his opinion and the club can put the lid on this quickly with his dismissal.
  • I am actually happy with the current team. The guy from Belgium looked good with right and left pegs, we don't play to his strengths though. I prefer Zabaleta in DM to anyone mentioned for sale. Really happy that Ayew and Sakho have gone. With the Portuguese fella, and Lanzini, Arnie and Antonio returning, we have a very balanced midfield. I dont understand the twitter meltdown at all. People seem to just want a champions league star signed for over 20 million, or its the end of their life as West Ham fans.
  • He should have enough common sense not to come out with that rubbish, whatever the person telling him said, you just say we are not interested in a player, stupid man, stupid club doing this
  • I'll be really frustrated if we recall Oxford from his loan in a month's time.

On paper the idea of him going to Germany is a great one. It gets him away from speculation and hopefully he can develop there. However in reality what has happened is there's constant speculation of if we want him, if we are going to sell him to Monchengladbach etc, if we are going to recall him etc. This constant uncertainty cannot be good for him. It's just mucking about and shows a lack of a structured, coherent development plan. Can't be doing him any favours and doesn't really provide him with much confidence that we want him. It's no different to being interested in buying a player and the transfer talk unsettling a particular player.

As I said, I can see Oxford getting a game or two for Monchengladbach and then we will unsettle him and bring him back due to lack of squad depth.

Sorry to sound like such a negative Nancy. I secretly hope I'm proved wrong.
  • Deadline gone and nothing about hugill ?
  • its official on the OS
This discussion has been closed.