TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• It may appear out of order, but I know some on here will understand this, but I can't wait to see/hear what the the pro board faction have to say about the way they continually wind us up with the way they are running, or not based on recent evidence, our club. ;weep

It is out of order, for the simple reason that there is NO pro-board faction.

There should, ideally, be no factions at all.

Quite why people can't take responses at face value when they disagree with their own, rather than corralling users into non-existent groups baffles me.

If those users who find that their negative views of the board are not echoed by all and sundry on here need to shove us all into a group, I find that both strange and sad, but I suppose it does make it easier to dismiss those who disagree with them, rather than having to think about what they have to say.
  • Just to say, I've moved a bunch of Jordan Hugill posts to his own thread:

http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10464
  • Same window different year.
  • MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

Ex says it's a done deal and he's seen the photos.

Is this the ex that said we weren't signing anyone?
    Ex said we weren't signing anyone other than Hugill ;ok
  • Oh, Ok. I kind of lose track. ;ok

• edited February 2018
    MrsGrey said:

But most importantly, Hamstew owes me a Curly Wurly because I won our bet. ;wahoo

I don't remember betting a curly wurly ;weep
  • Love to see our bench on Saturday
  • So disappointing

The incomings they did make were ok, Mario is a very good buy and while personally i feel underwhelmed by the Preston guy he could be a smart piece of business

But to end the window over £10mil in profit with a squad as stretched as ours is unforgiveable

The squad is still short and we dont even have the kids to pack the bench (although i honestly feel loans long term will be good for them)
  • I'm happy with the transfer window

Mario looks the business, Hugill is a punt but not an overly expensive one so if he turns out to be a Sam Baldock/Nicky Maynard rather than a Dean Ashton it won't be too bad.

We offloaded Sakho who wanted away and Ayew who never really worked out

We kept Ginger

Now we get through to the end of the season, get Moyes to commit to a long term contract and give him complete freedom to build his own team
  • By the way, where is Dendonker ??
    In all the excitement over Hugill - I almost forgot that we had failed to sign a DM - the only position we went into this and the last window really needing to sort out.
    I'm so absent minded ;doh
  • He's still in Brussels and he'll still be there at the end of the season

Patience, Grasshopper......
  • Love to see our bench on Saturday

Hart, Reid(?), Fonte, Cullen, Haksabanovic, Antonio, Hugill.

Seen a lot worse.
  • Lets hope he doesnt have to make a choice about moving to the Champo then.
    Apparently, another low ball offer made....
  • I don't think he'll be interested in West Brom.
  • edited February 2018
    Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

But most importantly, Hamstew owes me a Curly Wurly because I won our bet. ;wahoo

I don't remember betting a curly wurly ;weep
    Short memory?
    Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

Anyone else, you mean?

I'm betting on 1 more.

Yep anymore.

I'm betting 0. A Curly Wurly to the winner
    ;biggrin
  • We must be the only team in the Premiership relegation battle, to have spent less
    on players coming in, than players going out.
  • Do they still make Curly Wurlies?
  • So out of the bottom 10 we had the 2nd highest profit behind Southampton...who got £75mil for 1 player

Swansea, Stoke, Huddersfield, Brighton, Palace, Everton and Leicester all spent (net) more than us

And while I know Mario was a loan then you have to look at the other clubs loan moves e.g. Slimani, Sturridge, Kennedy, Deulofeu, Mangala, Lennon, King etc
  • edited February 2018
    Martinez has gone out on loan
  • Good move for him I think

Not going to give up on him yet, he got thrust into a team lacking creativity and seemed a bit over eager he scored goals for fun at U23 level

Needs first team football and hopefully playing with Spanish coaches will help him improve his technique a little
  • MrsGrey said:
    Having looked at the above, it seems to me that the only club in the
    relagation battle, which is about half the league now, that has not spent
    more than us, that has come in from sales, is Southampton.
  • There has been a lot of moaning about not signing a DM, but I can’t see why Rice alongside Noble would not be an excellent DM
  • Whitehorse

;ok

I think under Slav how we defended was far more of a worry.

I can't think of recent games where we have been overrun in MF.

I think Zab or Rice can do a perfectly good job in DM until the end of the season.
  • edited February 2018
    WhiteHorse - are you seriously comparing Carvalho and Dendonker against Declan Rice (who I rate by the way) for the potential DM slot ?
    Sorry, but there can be no direct comparison.
    Look at the respective records for a kick off.
    He may in 5 years time.
  • BBB. I was not comparing him with anyone but he has proven he has the ability and I think he could soon become a highly regarded DM
  • Declan Rice can do a job there. So can Zaba, by the looks of it. But if we as a club want to compete with the big boys, which both chairmen have stated as their ambition for the club, then we can't afford to just 'make do', IMO.
This discussion has been closed.