TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• If we get past brighton then I will be less concerned about the window but if we lose then there isn't anything we can do, just gotta hope Lanzini and them come back ready to go
  • Been looking at him since before Christmas when somebody on another site (KUMB I think said that we were looking at him as an alternative to Carvalho if he didnt come to us. Watched the Zenit game recently and one other b4 Xmas.
    Reminded me of Carrick, but somebody who would put his foot in, and decent pace.
    A real cruiser ;ok
  • MNLH @ 7.09 it wasn't a great transfer window.

Grey at 9.10 I haven't seen enough evidence to make me believe that when anyone writes anything that is in any way seen as a criticism of the board someone will come on and defend them. As for taking comments on face value you have on a few previous occasions taken me to task for some of my submissions. It may not be all the fans but having read other forums there is an increasing number of people who are dissatisfied with the board & the current state of the play. This planned protest on March 10 2018 is a good example. I make no apologies for wanting, & it might just be me but I doubt it, what is best for the club. Yet another window when what I had hoped for didn't materialise.

Clappers on another thread has said it's time for a change at the top as the 2 Davids can't deliver on what they may genuinely like as they haven't got the funds to bankroll it.
  • jay

Think Hugill has proven himself at a significantly higher level than Martinez has, tbh.

Martinez may well turn into a star, but he has shown very little so far to suggest he is ready yet.

Hugill, like any player from a lower level, is a bit of a punt, but I think he will offer us more than Sakho was interested in (rather than able to.)
  • Will be interesting to see if we do back in for him in the summer. Particularly if Moyes isn't here then ;hmm
  • I only watched youtube and saw he has a cracking right and left boot. Problem is we don't pacey wingers to aim at like Anderlecht. I would put him in Nobles place, but I love Noble right now in the relegation scrap. I think we need Mario and Koyoutes energy next to him.
  • Grey ;ok
    Only time will tell I guess.
  • I tried an experiment this window, and only took my transfer gossip from one source. They all report from each other, anyway. If I was reading the BBC, who would say that we were after Dinkeydonkey, and then later the same day, I was reading the Guardian, or the Daily Mail, where West Ham's interest in Dinkeydonkey was also reported (but from the same source!), and then maybe an account on Twitter would pick it up, and report the BBC's report that West Ham were after Dinkeydonkey, then checking here, where three or four different people would report their own individual sources about Dinkeydonkey, it would in fact appear that there is a lot of hype and rumours abound, saying that everybody is saying that West Ham is going after Dinkeydonkey. I often doubt the strength of the original source. (If the original source was one throwaway statement from Dinkeydonkey's agent, along the lines of "He'd love a move to England, maybe one of the London clubs, like West Ham", then it means all this hullaballoo came about off a thoughtless comment.

Anyway. This window, I decided to read only the transfer news on this site, and ignored the gossip columns everywhere else. When I saw somebody mention e.g. Dinkeydonkey a second time, I took that to mean "Yeah, I heard that, too!"

Conclusion: West Ham United football club, the directors and management team did not overpromise, and were not making a song and dance about transfers. The media bubble of Twitter quoting the BBC's quote of the Express' quote from a dodgy "insider" makes it seem like there is so much going on, but it's all noise.

fin
  • SHF
    Nice post
    Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, I and many other people if you read lots of different sites, have been looking at Dendonker ( that's his name btw ), since November last year.
    N'est pas fin mon ami xx

• But has any of the three Davids?
  • edited February 2018
    ;hmm .

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132155 West Ham United have been offered the opportunity to sign defensive midfielder Jan Kirchhoff on a free transfer.
  • Vors
    He's a good player who's had terrible injuries in a short space of time
    If kept fit he's worth a punt on a pay if you play contract
  • vorse, I just added the topic to your post - make it easier for folks to decide if they want to read further or not ;ok
  • Great post.

;hmm .

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132155 West Ham United have been offered the opportunity to sign defensive midfielder Jan Kirchhoff on a free transfer.

Fuel to the fire from a very anti board website...
  • I personally am not anti board, I just wish they would just stop doing stupid things and leaving signings to the last minute.
  • I bet every prem team has been offered him. Strange that the story rolls out today with everyone mad about the DM not being signed.
  • Preston,

& then not making the late minute signings.
  • The "There wasn't enough time" excuse does my head in. If they started a week earlier then there would be enough time.
  • I read somewhere the deal was pulled by Anderlecht because it left them with no time to find a replacement - which is highly likely if only 2 hours are left in the window ;lol

It still points to trying to squeeze it all into the last day
  • I was listening to a football agent on the radio this afternoon who said it normally takes 4-6 weeks of negotiations to complete a transfer and that the January window doesn't allow enough time. It didn't make it clear which player he was talking about but he said that it's not as simple as club A bidding for a player from club B and that's it. Especially in January most clubs will only complete a deal if they have a replacement in line which will come to fruition which is why the Sanchez affair etc took so long.
    For all we know we may have had bids in since Jan 1 but couldn't finish the deals off.
  • edited February 2018
    Baracks,

I heard they couldn't get Mitrovic back from Newcastle because they couldn't raise the funds by selling one of their players.
  • I read somewhere the deal was pulled by Anderlecht because it left them with no time to find a replacement - which is highly likely if only 2 hours are left in the window ;lol

It still points to trying to squeeze it all into the last day

Barracks
    I think that the deal that was pulled was Mitrovic to Anderlecht because the Dendonker deal with us fell through
  • Fortune beat me to it!
  • bbb,

We heard the same report, unless it was fake news! ;wink
  • I know it can take 4 weeks at least of you are buying an Atletico Bilbao player because you have to be a Basque to play for them.
  • Ahem. Athletic Bilbao.
  • Sorry my mistake.
  • It seems quite incredible that Leicester wouldn't let us have Slimani because of Karen Brady.
    What on earth does she actually do that is positive for this club ? All she seems to do is upset everyone.
  • Because she is part of the board with there ego
This discussion has been closed.