TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• Take away Sakho ayew and the goals they have scored this year and you could replace them with me and wouldn’t notice the difference, except I’m not injured and I wouldn’t sulk on the wages they’d pay me I promise
  • Pathetic.
  • Our squad is weaker. Thick!!!!
  • £6m for Sakho
    £18m for Ayew

£2m loan fee for Mario
    Reported £9m for Hugill

£13m profit for Sully and Gold

Think we know who the winners in this window are.
  • So far over last two days we’ve let another 3 players depart our already depleted squad. Nobody coming in.

Madness really.
  • Bournemouth 3-0 up at Chelsea lol

Newcastle and Brighton winning. Swansea winning yesterday.
  • Diamantis are forever
  • The not having time to do a medical is just an excuse. I reckon they had no desire to part with the cash. There will be quite a furore. They will then try and placate the fans by snapping up Samir nasri tomorrow as a free agent
  • Ham

Is it?

Super Mario > Ayew

Hugill can't be worse than Sakho effectively refusing to play.
  • Oxford has gone and Obiang is injured for God knows how long so yes it is.
  • Oxford is nowhere near a starter, imo.

Not sure including injuries is relevant.
  • It’s surely reckless beyond belief to let all these players leave and then blame lack of time to not having incoming players signed??
  • Lukerz you can't really count Oxford imo as he wasn't available for the first half of the season. 2 out, 1 in. It is hardly the apocalypse. I feel there is a bit of over-reaction creeping in as time passes.
  • Of course it's relevent. We need to replace him as he won't be playing for us for the rest of the season. Oxford played last night.
  • It’s surely reckless beyond belief to let all these players leave and then blame lack of time to not having incoming players signed??

Still only Ex who has said that. Are there any further details or context?
  • edited January 2018
    Innit Ham.

Our squad is lighter than it was at the start of the week.

Ex has just confirmed no more signings. Not sure if that includes Hugill or not.

Frankly this board has lost any support they had left from me. 31 days to get a midfielder in and they've failed. Looking at the scores tonight, we could be in big trouble.
  • I don’t think it is an overreaction at all. If indeed it ends with hugill, then our owners will fully deserve the backlash that will no doubt be thrown at them

Furthermore, they will fully deserve to see their side get relegated if it happens
  • IMO if we count Oxford as one out (given that he wasn't here in the first half of the season) we have to count Burke & Cullen as two in.

Whether they are good enough is up for debate, but they are bodies in.
  • Squad is dangerously thin

2 out

1 in so far, the other being a chamoionship striker who hasnt even hit souble figures

Im happy to see the back of Sakho and Ayew and the deals are good.....but it isnt being reinvested into the team

Really shocking from the board
  • What 'all' players?

Super Mario = Ayew

Hugill (if he comes) =Sakho.
  • edited January 2018
    We are absolutely, categorically without doubt in need of another midfield player and striker.

IMO
  • Hugil is a replacement for Carroll imo anyway. I very much doubt we will see him again this season.
  • Remember - no money will change hands with Ayew
    We've basically loaned him for a year for about 4 mill.
    Still- he's off the wages
  • edited January 2018
    Well I think this just confirms they have no clue what they are doing. IMO they had no intention of getting in the DM required. The "we tried" is excuse was worn more than a little thin.
  • Hopefully Moyes will keep us safe and in doing so restore his reputation - if I were him though I would then consider activating his release clause and removing himself from this shambles of a club
  • Hopefully Moyes will keep us safe and in doing so restore his reputation - if I were him though I would then consider activating his release clause and removing himself from this shambles of a club

What if this widow's transfer activity (or lack thereof) is all according to Moyes's plan?
  • Some pundit on twitter with an extremely insightful update on Dendonker and West Ham

“It might happen, it might not happen”

Looks like this well informed chap was spot on
  • alderz said:

IMO if we count Oxford as one out (given that he wasn't here in the first half of the season) we have to count Burke & Cullen as two in.

Whether they are good enough is up for debate, but they are bodies in.

;lol

OK Burke has gone back to Bolton
  • We wanted Carvalho. We dragged it out until deadline day and then blew it.

But we could have struck a deal for January in the four intervening months for him, but we didn't.

And now the exact same thing with Dendoncker. It feels deliberate.

And to top it off we sold a forward to a goal-shy relegation rival.

Cannot fathom it.
  • It’s ok OCS, you’ll probably find you are dreaming all of this ;ok
This discussion has been closed.