The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• Sky reporting Newcastle are confident Benitez is staying.

Pellegrini?
  • I don’t think it will be Rafa because there’s little to suggest he’s even been spoken to
  • I'm thinking Pellegrini. I just cannot see why Benitez would leave Newcastle for us at the moment.
  • Steve McLaren
  • I dont believe a word of it.
    He said 7 days
    We all know its 7-10 days
    He must think we are idiots
  • Lot of noise on social media about Ranieri.

Would be hugely underwhelmed with that. Would rather have kept Moyes.
  • Well he would be the cheap option. I think I have just had my hopes and dreams fade and die. ;weep
  • Ranieri ;hmm

Not really an improvement on Moyes.

But we'll see what Sully has up his sleeve soon.

I hope it's Rafa shaped.
  • haha Ranieri xD
  • I’ll be fuming if it’s Ranieri.
  • And according to them Ranieri may be an option if they don’t get any of their preferred candidates b
  • I'd be uninspired but unsurprised.
  • So we paid £9m for Hugill but have reservations paying £6m for Rafa?
  • Lukerz

If that report is to be believed...
  • The reports say we have reservations, not the BoD to my knowledge.
  • Lukerz said:

So we paid £9m for Hugill but have reservations paying £6m for Rafa?

To be fair, Rafa is a terrible target man.
  • Sully just can’t keep quiet.

Didn’t we almost sign O’Neill until Sullivan announced it and O’Neill backed out because he couldn’t keep it quiet?
  • I just can’t imagine what good Sullivan thinks that article would do. It’s been a day since Moyes left. We really, really don’t need a hyperbolic update after 24 hours.

Why not just wait until this top manager has actually signed a contract?

Baffling.
  • Iv just solved the Si Si riddle its actually C C

Screenshot_2018-05-17-22-09-47-1
  • Chilean press reporting it’s Pelligrini and he has signed and will be unveiled on Monday.
    http://www.pauta.cl/deportes/manuel-pellegrini-vuelve-a-la-premier-league
  • Very good pedigree. He did well with Malaga so has a bit of history with smaller clubs. Managed Real and City so is clearly no mug.

Benitez still my No1 choice, but Pellegrini would absolutely do.
  • South America press seem sure...

728B549E-5A5A-4EA8-9E12-5A02759E8D2A
  • South America press seem sure...

728B549E-5A5A-4EA8-9E12-5A02759E8D2A

The South American press think winning the Championship/Second Division is the same as winning the Premier League, that Evra is a "figure" and they've not noticed that we've played a whole season since we finished 11th
  • Can someone explain to me why Pellegrini is a good choice but Ranieri (who won the PL on a budget) is a terrible choice?
  • I don’t know why but I just can’t get myself over excited at the prospect of Pellegrini. ;hmm

With Rafa it seems he would prefer to stay where he is but discussions have been going on about his assurances for over 3 weeks? If he does move supposedly he would like to be in London. There’s an opportunity for sully to grasp the mantle and swoop clinically. He doesn’t even have to overcome the hurdle of getting Rafa to buy into him as remarkably Rafa seems to hold him in high esteem

Of all the names banded about for me it is only Rafa
  • Before Guardiola, Pellegrini’s City were one of the best PL teams ever.

They scored a 100 goals faster than anybody ever had (might have been broken now).

He also got Madrid’s highest ever league points total in his one and only season (only for it to be broken by Mourinho shortly after).

He finished second with Villarreal and got them to the semi-finals of th Champions League semi.

I would be excited to see him as our new manager. We’d play some football, I’m pretty sure of that.
  • Jorderz ;ok

The problem is Herb and Jay have turned my head and had convinced me Rafa was joining
  • Anyone can get Madrid or City playing. It's a whole different ball game managing a club without those finances.

Already said myself Pellegrini i dont think would work out. Emery or Benitez would be a step forward. Appatently Benitez wants 100m and full control in transfers and would rather stay up north. Don't think he is coming.
  • I’d be pretty happy with either. I think Benítez would be a safer option, as he’s clearly done well with a team on our level.

But with Pellegrini, there’s a chance he could get us playing in a way we haven’t really played in a long time.

I think Pellegrini would love Lanzini and be able to take him to another level. I also think he’d keep getting the best out of Arnie and would use Hernandez more than Benítez.
This discussion has been closed.