The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• The stalling tactic in full motion now that the window is open.
  • One window is open.

The other window is shut.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/690895
  • Is this earlier than normal?
  • Yes - because it is closing (for us) before the PL season starts.
  • mike

I think so, although it is a moveable feast.

The PL handbook actually allows for the window to be opened any time after the last day of the season.

I think that there is a FIFA/UEFA rule that all summer windows have to be open for a minimum period (12 weeks?) so with the early closing, they would need to fit in with that.
  • So, 3 and a half weeks once the World Cup is over to do most of the business. Easy!
  • So you're expecting World Cup superstars to be signed by us?
  • Yes. I’ve heard Panama have some fantastic players...
  • A man a plan a canal Panama.
  • edited May 2018
    Adam said:

Yes. I’ve heard Panama have some fantastic players...

Hats off to them ;thumbsup

;barrera
  • But my serious answer is quite possibly. There’s a small chance Dendoncker will go to the World Cup (we’ll know on Monday). And we’re not talking about superstars from Spain and France. Remember we bought Reid after the World Cup? It’s not as if we don’t have lots of internationals ourselves.
  • MrsGrey, you deserve a ;fishslap

Note: this sentence actually reads you deserve a fishslap ;lol I never knew that was the name behind that emoji! I assumed it would be homerun or something like that.
  • Adam, wanna bet that if they win a game some paper will have it on their front page?

Then I can sue for plagiarism ;biggrin
  • Could Claudio Ranieri be another name in the hat after being sacked by nantes ;hmm
  • I thought he was taking the Italian job. ;hmm

;sofa
  • mike said:

Could Claudio Ranieri be another name in the hat after being sacked by nantes ;hmm

I think he would relegate us

Mind you, I said exactly the same thing as he was about to join Leicester ;whistle
  • Adam you’re mentioning player(s) that the new manager may have no interest in.
  • Correction.
    Mancini has taken the Italian job.
  • Oh, so it's the manager who buys the players ;run
  • At West Ham, the manager chooses the players who end up doing well. Sully chooses the players who end up tanking. I thought everybody knew that??...
  • Adam you’re mentioning player(s) that the new manager may have no interest in.

Well, obviously. But it doesn’t change my opinion that there’s a good chance that whoever our manager is, will want players who happen to be playing at the World Cup.
  • Rafa Benitez: "I have a lot of respect for West Ham because when I was in contact with them, they were really good and professional."

Our West Ham ;hmm
  • Adam said:

Adam you’re mentioning player(s) that the new manager may have no interest in.

Well, obviously. But it doesn’t change my opinion that there’s a good chance that whoever our manager is, will want players who happen to be playing at the World Cup.
    Most players in the world cup will be knocked out way before the end.
  • And then they go on holiday. I’m not sure why I’ve been discussing this all day lol. The World Cup will make it more difficult to do business. Fin.
  • I doubt it will. There aren’t that many players at the World Cup that are good/bad enough to play for West Ham and we can afford them and they want to come to us.

Most of the players in the world aren’t going.
  • BREAKING: Sullivan on manager search - “Our process is progressing entirely to plan and we are now very close to reaching an agreement. This is an exciting time for our club. We are preparing to appoint a manager with a proven record of success at the highest level of the game.”
  • BREAKING: Sullivan on manager search - “Our process is progressing entirely to plan and we are now very close to reaching an agreement. This is an exciting time for our club. We are preparing to appoint a manager with a proven record of success at the highest level of the game.”

IMG_20171009_165241
This discussion has been closed.