The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• edited May 2018

If he wasn’t motivated he wouldn’t be coming. The PL isn’t a place for the faint-hearted, and our fans are hardly the most patient.

Question was more whether he'd be a Pellegrini jaded after MCFC+China (with inflated fiances) as compared to the Pellegrini which was in charge of Malaga/Villarreal and had something to prove, etc. Nothing against him and I'd be excited to have him join as i've always been a fan of his but just querying how he would fit in and how he fits in with the other issue at the club.
    The main worry is how his 'inflated fiances' will fit in ;hmm ;wink ;yercoat
  • Agree alderzzz I mean it’s not like we need him to be CM.....
  • Sky reporting that the Pellegrini deal is close and that he’s on his way to London.

Sadly, he’s on his way to London to meet Sullivan. I was hoping we could get the deal done without that...
  • edited May 2018

The guy who owns this banner is gonna be happy if he comes to us. He'll be able to unload it easy. It's already in scarlet and blue.
  • ;hmm wonder how much it would fetch
  • I think Pellegrini is a step up in terms of our recent managers if he signs , i don’t see much between him and benetiz both have had success at top clubs and done well with smaller clubs I just hope we get him in quick and he can start looking into signing some players
  • China fortune announce that Pellegrini is no longer their coach

#Welcome
  • Surepy that means the deal is pretty much done

Think its an exciting appointment

Biggest profile manager weve had for a good ol time
  • Bookies stopped taking bets on Pelligrini!
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5747863/West-Ham-offer-Manuel-Pellegrini-three-year-deal.html

If the release clause is correct, then why couldn't we have paid a bit extra and got Rafa?
  • edited May 2018
    Well, maybe we could have and would have paid more ... but who's to say we would have 'got' Rafa. He might have expressed a disinclination to move to London, despite us buying him out of his contract.

According to the article, he is planning to stay at Newcastle, on a better deal.

---

Am I the only one a bit concerned that this deal sounds a long way from done? He's flying in to have talks tomorrow.... what if they are inconclusive, or they can't reach agreement? He's heading off on his hols to Chile on Thursday (as reported in the DM). I hope a lot of the discussion has gone on at agent level and what remains is just signing the papers and having the photos done.

• Mrs G,

Fonseca flew in for a chat with David S, when a few ITK said he was already going to stay at Shaktar even before they announced he had sign a new two year contract as we didn't make him an offer. Seemed a complete waste of time his trip to me if you believe their story. ;ok
  • Not a complete waste, Mrs Fonseca got some serious shopping done at Harvey Niks
  • Fortune

There is nothing to suggest that we have paid, or agreed to pay anything.

Pellegrini seems to have come to a separate agreement with the Chinese club.

Perhaps that involves a payment to them if he takes a new job, but we don't know that yet.

Anyway, as others have said, being prepared to pay isn't the same as going to get.
  • Pellegrini might be using the 'South American model' which in respect of player transfers (I think) is that the player buys themselves out of their contract and the new club compensates them directly.

(So the same amount of money gets paid by the new club, but they don't 'buy' them from the selling club....)
  • edited May 2018
    If Pellegrini does become our next manager, I must admit I would be delighted. Forget Rafa, I am excited by this.
  • Is he here yet ;cheers
  • I've never really been fussed re Benitez. If we appointed him I'd hardly be excited by it.

pellgil
  • edited May 2018
    Well Gilbert O’Sullivan sang why o why o why lol
  • I’m happy with this if it happens, great work by the board - probably Sully, this is the best name we could’ve hoped for I think (except maybe Rafa)

Well done!

;clap
  • Don’t think he gets enough credit for what he did at city imo, and think one thing he brings his ability to organise a team something we have lacked in recent years and can see a counter attacking team with ability to defend
  • And just read Brady’s rag Moyes allegedly says he was offered the job four weeks ago but asked to wait till the season end, so maybe the board started looking elsewhere fearing that Moyes was doing the same
  • Cuz

It also said Pellegrini did well at the interview, so not sure they are totally clued up...
  • Time will tell grey I still believe Rafa is in the mix
  • I think there are just too many obstacles in the way to get benetiz.
  • edited May 2018
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/21/west-ham-agree-manuel-pellegrini-deal-worth-7m-year/

Telegraph report all but done. £5m basic wage plus bonuses. He’s been round the stadium and training ground before holding talks with Sullivan where he agreed a three year deal in total.
  • Looking like a done deal. ;ok

Guardian equally definite, but say £10m pa.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/21/manuel-pellegrini-set-to-be-confirmed-as-west-ham-new-manager

Sky say just that he is to be 'the best paid manager in West ham's history'

The Irish Times go with the 10m figure, and also say it will be a3 year contract.

Talksport go with a £7m pa salary.

---

imo, it's good work. A reputable manager, with a good pedigree, and (it seems) paying a decent amount. Let's hope it works out ;pray

• Pedigrini!
This discussion has been closed.