The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• I`ve gone through untold torture and inner turmoil and finally come up with the carefully considered conclusion (ooooooh alliteration) that it should be MOYES IN and he`s been kicked out. Poor show.
  • I wonder if the 10 day timescale brings Jokanovic into the equation?? ;hmm

The playoff final doesn't kick off until 5pm so it will in 5 hours unless it goes to extra time and penalties
  • Adam said:

IronHerb said:

I doubt DG will have much say in the decision.

I’d say owning at least 25% of the club and also around half the debt he will have quite a bit to say in the decision......
    Sorry to nitpick but owning shares in a company doesn’t mean you have a say in the running of a company, in general. That’s the role of the directors, which David Gold is one director of a few. Difficult to know how much say he has in the appointment of a manager.
    If you think he doesn’t have a significant say that’s fine, with that amount of money involved I say he does

;ok
  • Jacqui Oatley
    @JacquiOatley
    ·
    1 Std.
    Everything I hear from people who work at West Ham (or have left) is that it’s “carnage”. Referring to the way the club is run and the mixed messages from upstairs. #whufc
  • edited May 2018
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44109670
    'Former West Ham, Portsmouth and Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has said he would like a return to management.'

• I’ve got a bad feeling about this. I can see us coming un stuck. Why they couldn’t just keep Moyes on, at least to see the effects of the World Cup and see how he gets on up to Christmas. After supporting West Ham for over 50 years I guess I shouldn’t be surprisef

My opinion, based on nothing at all, is that Moyes was the one who called it a day with West Ham.
  • A little bit sad to see him go but even in the last 2 matches when we were assured of staying up he put out quite a defensive team. I would be happy to see a younger, more dynamic manager like Fonseca. Give it a go. We can always replace him with Allardyce, Moyes, etc in December.
  • What's age got to do with it?

Are young managers in some way better than more experienced ones by virtue of their youth?
  • puddleglum

You thought we were defensive against Everton?

I have a vision of Terry Westley taking pre-season while 'West Ham continue their search for a top-quality manager'...
  • We can always replace him with Allardyce, Moyes, etc in December.

I know (hope?) that this is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but tbh that's what I'm afraid of.

Back to square one.

Another season of chaos.

I really think Moyes could have made us hard to beat, kept us clear of relegation nervousness and brought some stability.

I ear we are trying to run before we can walk.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

And I fear it will once again all end in tears. ;weep
  • Moojor said:

I’ve got a bad feeling about this. I can see us coming un stuck. Why they couldn’t just keep Moyes on, at least to see the effects of the World Cup and see how he gets on up to Christmas. After supporting West Ham for over 50 years I guess I shouldn’t be surprisef

My opinion, based on nothing at all, is that Moyes was the one who called it a day with West Ham.
    No direct quotes. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/16/david-moyes-leaves-west-ham
    the Scot was informed in a meeting on Wednesday that his contract would not be renewed.
  • I look at the list of managers we are linked with (while bearing in mind that we don't know how accurate it is).
    Fonseca - never managed in Pl.
    Pellegrini - linked with Sevilla and will surely choose them over us if they want him.
    Benitez - will need >£6m to get him out of his Newcastle contract
    Silva - available immediately but likely to pick Everton in a 2 horse race
    Wagner - surely will want to stay with Huddersfield
    Dyche - will he give up managing Burnley in the EL next year

None of that fills me with much optimism.
  • It's up to the board now.
    I never wanted Moyes and am
    Happy to see him gone.
    I thank him for doing the job needed and wish him well in
    His future, apart from if he is
    Playing us....
    I never thought he was a fit for us, but was is.
    IMO it's been public knowledge before even Bilic that Rafa was quoted as being the preferred choice, so it should be all out to get him.
    If they don't succeed with him they will need to go out and prove their doubters wrong & bring in someone that can inspire us the fans & motivate the team.
    I'm not sad to see Moyes go, come on The 2 Dave's and bring us someone we can all be happy/ proud of...
  • MrsGrey said:

Moojor said:

I’ve got a bad feeling about this. I can see us coming un stuck. Why they couldn’t just keep Moyes on, at least to see the effects of the World Cup and see how he gets on up to Christmas. After supporting West Ham for over 50 years I guess I shouldn’t be surprisef

No direct quotes. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/16/david-moyes-leaves-west-ham
    the Scot was informed in a meeting on Wednesday that his contract would not be renewed.
    This is not the first, nor will it be the last time that my opinion was totally incorrect.
  • MrsGrey said:

I look at the list of managers we are linked with (while bearing in mind that we don't know how accurate it is).
    Fonseca - never managed in Pl.
    Pellegrini - linked with Sevilla and will surely choose them over us if they want him.
    Benitez - will need >£6m to get him out of his Newcastle contract
    Silva - available immediately but likely to pick Everton in a 2 horse race
    Wagner - surely will want to stay with Huddersfield
    Dyche - will he give up managing Burnley in the EL next year

None of that fills me with much optimism.

Money isn't a factor in transfers as we are regularly told, so the 6m to get Benitez out of contract shouldn't be a problem if they really want him.
  • edited May 2018
    Emery is the top target now? Fonseca was interviewed but is no longer considered? Benites is waiting in the wings? The following article states all this... ;hmm
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/emery-is-west-hams-top-target-to-replace-moyes-after-fonseca/17e4k401bc8z214cvsvdlhsysk
  • This could get interesting are they going to finally break the mold and get a successful manager and give him the necessary funds.....this is a real pivotal moment for me after all the issues at the stadium and the Burnley stuff, perhaps the penny has dropped
  • I'd rather the £80-100m has dropped ;biggrin
  • Ha ha agreed Herb
  • Breaking: David Moyes does not want to stay at West Ham & feels unhappy with his treatment. It's understood Moyes is unhappy with the way the situation has been dealt with and told those close to him he would not accept a return, should he be offered the opportunity.
    [Ken Dyer]
  • Slaven - He has already gone, its on the OS.
  • MrsGrey said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44109670
    'Former West Ham, Portsmouth and Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has said he would like a return to management.'

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Vorse....I know

I’m giving quotes from people as to why and how

Of course we’re all able to choose to believe what we want

;ok
  • I think this is a shame. He done about a good as job as I think anybody could have done in the circumstances.

Now we are stepping into the unknown, and I don't necessarily trust this board to pick out this new 'exciting' quantity they've mentioned.

Benitez is the best choice for me now, as he has done very well at a club with similar resources and quality of players in Newcastle.

Pellegrini would be a big risk, as I'm not sure we have the players/resources to play in the way he tries to play.

Emery and Fonesca are shots in the dark. We have no idea how they'll cope in this league, and our squad is pretty limited compared to what they're used to.

I'm not feeling all that good at the moment.
  • That's the problem when the fans protest in the way they did. Sullivan will now believe that by letting Moyes go and go for a name that he thinks is a top manager it's what the fans want.
    I think Moyes had us moving in the right direction but fear now that this summer is going to be a disaster and we will end up with number 20 on their list or will give the job to the only applicant willing to work with them.
  • Maybe DS is right to think that?.
  • According to Sky Pellegrini's reps have met with us but wages are a stumbling block.
    Another one off the list?
  • Breaking: David Moyes does not want to stay at West Ham & feels unhappy with his treatment. It's understood Moyes is unhappy with the way the situation has been dealt with and told those close to him he would not accept a return, should he be offered the opportunity.
    [Ken Dyer]

This is what I heard on Sunday. It is Moyes' decision not the clubs, hence what DG said.
  • If the board wanted Moyes they would have made him the offer but they started talking to other managers which undermined his position. He had to walk away imo.
  • IronHerb said:

If the board wanted Moyes they would have made him the offer but they started talking to other managers which undermined his position. He had to walk away imo.

No he made himself clear before Sunday hence why the club said they were speaking to others.

DG showed the clubs hand when he hoped he would stay.

The club will never admit that he rejected them and rightly so.

Feel we are in real danger of one step forward 5 steps back.
This discussion has been closed.