The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• steve said:

Big Sam will take his 6m lay on the beach and wait for our call around the first week of october

'Hello Sam. It's Dave...'
  • For immediate release ......

In order to speed up the process, I can announce that, with much reluctance, I have decided to withdraw my application. There is no longer any need to interview me.
  • edited May 2018

IronHerb said:

I doubt DG will have much say in the decision.

I’d say owning at least 25% of the club and also around half the debt he will have quite a bit to say in the decision......
    Sorry to nitpick but owning shares in a company doesn’t mean you have a say in the running of a company, in general. That’s the role of the directors, which David Gold is one director of a few. Difficult to know how much say he has in the appointment of a manager.
  • He might come back a short while after leaving - like Carlton Cole did - you never know with West Ham!
  • Well at least they have acted quickly but they have to get this appointment right.as is being discussed on another thread, our board are not popular with the fans a the best of times.
    As for Moyes,thanks & well done, you kept us up.
  • I guessing it will be the Portuguese dude.

"within the next ten days" Surely 7 to 10.... ;hmm
  • edited May 2018
    So he is gone less than 24 hours after DG said he’d like him to stay ;lol

I see the OS has said that the club will make no further comment until the new manager is announced - is this another promise they intend to break?? ;hmm
  • "We are already taking steps to identify and recruit the manager we believe can take West Ham United forward in line with our ambitions. We aim to appoint a high-calibre figure who we feel will lead the Club into an exciting future for our loyal supporters within the next ten days."
    "High-calibre figure"

"Exciting future"

"Within the next ten days"

Remind me, when is the season-ticket renewal date? ;wink
  • these rings true from the BBC comments section...

Ha ha West Ham & Everton are bonkers they probably think they can unearth the next Poch but as Saints found that is probably a 1 in 10 chance. Both will probably appoint the next Pepa Mel or Pelligrino or DeBoer & by November be ringing the likes of Big Sam , Moyes, Hughes, Redknapp, Pulis to save them from losing the 200milllion a year gravy train they are on.
  • IMO it's gonna be Rafa.
  • edited May 2018

"We are already taking steps to identify and recruit the manager we believe can take West Ham United forward in line with our ambitions. We aim to appoint a high-calibre figure who we feel will lead the Club into an exciting future for our loyal supporters within the next ten days."

Life can be very exciting in the Championship ;whistle
  • Now, I'm pretty sure Sullivan said we weren't going to recruit a Director of Football because Moyes didn't want to work under one.

Now Moyes has gone, I wonder if that means we'll be getting one ;hmm
  • Cheers Mr Moyes and your team. Good luck for your next job. ;clap ;scarf
  • He did what he had to do

Wasn't particularly thrilled with him but wouldn't have been upset if he got the job

Have little faith in the owners if i'm honest, but Rafa would prove me wrong
  • Getting Arnie to play was massive and apart from keeping us up his biggest impact...
  • thanks David Moyes you did what you said you would do ;clap
  • It’s the “taking steps to identify” bit that concerns me most. I’d have thought that at least they’d have identified the likely candidates and the next step would be to interview and then appoint the right one.
    The transfer window opens tomorrow, the World Cup starts in four weeks time and pres season in 6-7 weeks.
    A high profile top manager would want autonomy but I’m not sure that Sullivan can handle that. His ego would get the better if him and he’d obviously know best.
    It would be interesting to hear Moyes version of why he’s left because Sullivan’s comments suggest it was their decision.
  • I suspect (hope) that the "identify" bit was purely to make it appear that they weren't doing that whilst Moyes was in post.

But who knows with this lot in charge.
  • Still, rather this happened now and not 10 games into the new season.
  • Herb

It could happen now and 10 games into the new season... ;weep
  • And there was me looking to be positive..... ;pray
  • I'm not sure how reliable this site is but it looks like Fonseca has turned us down. I can only assume Sully's décor put him off.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/05/16/paulo-fonseca-snubs-west-ham/375706/
  • Be interesting to see why Moyes walked away.

Didn't like how the club was run ?
    Didn't think it was ambitious enough to challenge the top 6-8 ?
    Not enough money for Transfers ?
    Not having full total control on Transfers ?
  • You say 'turned us down' Preston but was he offered anything?

Skybet still show Fonseca as 4/6 fav, they obviously haven't read that article.
  • What has Curbishley been up to lately?
  • I wonder if the 10 day timescale brings Jokanovic into the equation?? ;hmm
  • I'm not saying he turned us down, this site says he turned us down.
  • I’ve got a bad feeling about this. I can see us coming un stuck. Why they couldn’t just keep Moyes on, at least to see the effects of the World Cup and see how he gets on up to Christmas. After supporting West Ham for over 50 years I guess I shouldn’t be surprisef
  • Preston ;ok
This discussion has been closed.