The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• ;nonono I really didn't know my daily horse riding habit was so dangerous.
  • That article ;lol

the use of drills and chainsaws can lead to very severe injuries.

;doh

• Injuries with chainsaws - who'd have thought that? ;biggrin
  • My uncle once sawed through his thigh with a circular saw, but he said it didn't hurt until he saw the blood and then he noticed it was bad and was in agony
  • sounds like me was playing football, had a massive gash from colliding with the fence down my leg. Didn't notice till someone pointed it out at which point after seeing it, it hurt like mad. Think when you running on adrenaline and consumed so much into something you just don't register the pain.
  • alderz said:

My uncle once sawed through his thigh with a circular saw, but he said it didn't hurt until he saw the blood and then he noticed it was bad and was in agony

He was very lucky it was only a circular saw and not a straight saw or it could've... Ahhh forget it, it was funny when in my head ;run ;wink
  • I’m still of the view that the jury should still be out on Moyes. There’s been good, but also bad and indifferent. We will likely finish with a points tally starting with a “3” IMO. And his win percentage sits in the twenties. Really nothing to write home about. I don’t think he should be taken as a given to stay on just because not changing our manager might be the desire. There are quite a few out there who are doing a similar or better job then him with a lesser quality squad.
  • I wanted Moyes to be given a 3 year contact weeks ago but based on what he did last night I would rather they didn't.

He made school boy errors last night that a man of his experience should not have done.
  • His whole period has been frustratingly inconsistent and I don’t see him ironing out consistent problems. I feel like we’d just have the same issues next season with him. I’m not sure I’d be upset about him staying but I feel no excitement about next season.
  • Know what you mean Outcast ;ok
  • Last night it was % he wanted to not give Stoke 3 points rather than win 3 points.

I think he will be happy with the result...

I still think we need to give him a preseason to judge where he can take us, he is fire fighting at the moment.
  • I don’t agree - pre- seasons are no sort of an indicator. Make a decision at the end of the season when other options will most likely be available.
  • Baracks... I didn't mean just a pre season ;lol we use this term to indicate a "full" season in charge.

Or at least I thought we did.... ;hmm
  • My feelings about Moyes keep on altering but I think like Outcast, I wouldn't be upset if he stayed but neither if he left. The teams performances under him are a bit "all over the place" but yes he is firefighting this season and may get better with a free season to himself with his own problems to solve. Atm I realise I am still annoyed about last night so...Hell with it let him stay err no get rid ;fence
  • After last night im not so sure

Honestly that was shocking...Moyes played for the draw
    We could still be relegated...we stil lhavw arsenal, City and united still to play

Hernandez has 9 goals this season in the EPL and coupdnt get in untill the 75 min...embaressing

I like that he seems to have made us fitter and has worked a system...but hes nit a long term target and his inability to proactively infulence gamed is shocking for a modern day manager

I also dont trust him in the transfer market

It would be a no from me...but he has 5 games left....and also there arent a queue of highly rated managers out there
  • I'm now at the point where I don't think he is the answer.

I think that we have a very imbalanced squad and we need to have a desired style of play if we are going to have a good summer in the market. From what I've seen from Moyes, I don't believe that he will take us in the right direction.
  • Moyes out!
  • That's the thing though Alderz how much of that imbalance is down to the manager ? We had Bilic playing players all over the place. We have had a shocking recruitment policy with no coherent strategy.

I agree I don't think Moyes is the man for West Ham I get the feeling we will be battling relegation next season with him at the helm, but I think a lot of the blame lies with the owners and players. (a combination of some very poor premiership standard footballers, and investment in players who haven't done anything to justify the price)
  • Didnt sullivan say that Moyes was behind the jan moves

If so they didnt help to balance the side...bar mario they have been pretty worthless
  • Some degree of accountability needs to be seen for the hugill signing. £9m for a player who doesn’t play. Are we that flush with cash that we can afford that luxury? Who should be accountable for this, Moyes or the Board?
  • I think Moyes deserves some credit for 1) getting Arnie playing by moving him up front 2) giving Declan Rice first team action 3) getting our unfit rabble playing for 90 mins again lol . Unless we have an outstanding manager lined up to replace him I would like him to get a 2 year contract along with Irvine and Pearce and hopefully a director of football to get the players the manager needs to balance our squad and move us up the table
  • But I do believe the fitness issue is with Bilic being that bad not Moyes being some fantastic physical coach but I agree on the 2 other points although his reluctance to play Hernandez is a big negative for me

Problem for me is last night was typical small manager mindset, didn't try to push for the win till we went down

It is inexcusable we didn't try to really go for the win
  • Champo

I thought we were always going for the win.

We didn't go gung-ho, but that made sense to me.

Carroll probably didn't have much more than 10 or 15 minutes in him, and while Chico is a natural poacher, he doesn't offer much else, imo.

Over a 15-20 minute period, I think you can carry that, but not necessarily over the whole 90.
  • Not saying they had to start, although imo at home against 19th in the league he should've, but he should've came on before 60 minutes

We lost because we didn't take our chances, hernandez would've...as seen from the numerous goals he has scored this season

He brought on Hernandez on the 77th minute, then Lanzini and Carroll after we were down

He wasn't proactive enough, you can say we were going for the win but we weren't pushing for it

Now we have to play Arsenal, City, United plus Leicester in 4/5 last games

Huge missed opportunity and Moyes should shoulder the blame with his team selection which was too safe

• I thought we were well on top in the 2nd half up till Harts blunder and we looked like the only team that was trying to score. Carroll and Lanzini both only just returned to training I think last 15 mins was probably about right. The performance was OK we could have done things better as always. This time of year playing a team battling for survival can be tough just ask Man Utd.
  • I would give Moyes and his team at least two years and I would do it sooner rather than later. He inherited a shambles, and as others have said he has been fire fighting, under those circumstances, and with the sole remit of Premier League survival, I can understand his approach. I don`t agree with it, but I can understand it. We need some stability and continuity and I think that should start now. I think under different circumstances he would employ a different approach, given a full pre-season and a decent level of funding (lololololol) I think we will see some progress next season. The important part is funding. Decent. Quality. Players. The other key point (imo) is playing a set system. With the players we currently have I prefer 3-4-1-2. Two up front is a must. So many times our lone forward looks like Billy No Mates. If we approach pre-season knowing Moyes and his team are here to stay, and we are looking to play 3-4-1-2, we can buy the players to suit the system and manager (sounds too easy). Given our current squad, assuming there are no major outs, I honestly believe we only need three or four, but they must be of first team standard, no squad fillers or Sully Specials. Moyes in!!!!! ;scarf

• We lost because we didn't take our chances

You make the assumption that if Moyes had set the team up the way you want, that there would have been chances created for Hernandez to finish.

It could easily be argued that with the line-up you prefer, there wouldn't have been.
  • I would like to see:

...............................New GK............................
    ..............Rice...........Oggy.........Reid................
    Antonio..........New Mid....New Mid.....Masuaku
    .............................Lanzini...............................
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Arnie............Hernandez..............

This leaves out Noble, Kouyate, Obiang, Fernandes and Mario. All would be "good enough" as possibly one of the two, or in the match day squad. But I think the midfield is our weakest area, teams have walked through us the last two seasons, and I know it`s easy to point the finger at the defence and goalie, but I honestly think it`s the midfield where we really fail. Two top notch centre midfielders and the whole team will tick. I`m also hoping Carroll stays fit for the season, and one or two more youngsters push for first team places. ;wahoo
  • I think Carroll’s chance showed the benefits of having strikers on the pitch. It wasn’t the perfect ball but it was enough for a striker to latch onto. Before that, those balls had to be almost perfect for Arnie to turn into a proper chance. We were playing ok but Moyes didn’t make the decision that would have built on our momentum.
This discussion has been closed.