Summer 2017 Transfer: The final countdown and the fallout

Comments

• Sporting Lisbon will probably up the price and call it a January premium.
  • This is Sporting trying to say it wasn't their fault the deal fell through.
    So now we go back and get him in January, simple.

Let's see. ;hmm
  • Pretty sure we won't go back in for him. Unless Rafa wants him of course.
  • edited September 2017
    Rafa won't be here, unless you meant for Newcastle.
  • Who do you reckon will replace Bilic then?
  • No one. He'll still be here.
  • Mrs G he didn't have to have the medical before 11 pm but merely sign a form saying he's agreeable to joining West Ham. The medical could take place after that as long as it was complete and all the paperwork done before 1am. Chelsea and Leicester were doing this last night.
  • Slizzy, have you got a link for that quote? Where has he said it because I cannot see it on their official site or their twitter or his personal twitter. Not doubting you, just wonder how trustworthy the source is ;ok

Because if it is true either him or DS are directly lying. I'm working under the presumption the Bruno de Carvalho (Sporting Pesident) quote is not real tbh.
  • Thorn ;ok Sully 100% deflecting, IMO

Herbie, if our current form continues and we lose the next three, which is very possible, you don't see the board acting?
  • As far as the deal not going through due to time, that is infuriating. Sporting's fault if they didn't realise our deadline, but we are the ones who suffer. I really wanted him here, what I have seen of him was a class act.
  • But it's all if, if, if. What if we win our next 3? Do we sack him then?
  • edited September 2017
    No.

But us losing the next three is more likely than winning them based on what I've seen.

So if we lose them, do you think they'll sack him?
  • Florin sorry it was off a fairly large football twitter account (I think), it could be complete rubbish but there again so could our chairmans version of events?

Sully going public on all this not surprised, although I'm not sure I buy the medical bit, and as for adding the players that SB may or may not of turned down

• And people wonder why we get referred to as a circus.

Our chairman has just publicly hung our manager out to dry.
  • This club ;doh
  • edited September 2017
    Well done Sully. ;doh

'We fully back our manager, but he didn't want him, him or him and is happy with everything at the moment'.

'But we fully back him'.
  • edited September 2017
    So we had the chance to sign one of those 3 players and we didn't get any. Classic ;lol
  • Sliz - Of course, any of the outcomes could be the truth, we don't know, but the fact I couldn't find it on any 'official' places either for the club or him personally suggests to me that someone has made it up to stir and spread in the twittersphere. Mainly because I still presume and hope we will try to get this deal over the line in Jan, and if one of them directly lied against the other it would be hard for them to deal with each other. (And thanks for the response! ;ok )

Regarding the medical, it does seem a bit odd. What is the official deal with the apres deadline signings? You had to send a form pre 11pm but could conclude the details of the deal after. Yet did sending the initial form guarantee one had to make the signing? As in it's just for finalising the minutae of the contract, however if a medical was needed and he failed we'd still have to make the signing because of the prior confirmation form? I do not know the rules, can anybody help me here??
  • Tell you what though florin.....

Someone is telling porkies and I don't know the SL owner or the twitter geezer

But I do know the 3rd part of this puzzle

;lol
  • I'm not sure I believe Sanches and the other guy were 'offered' to Bilic. Suggested maybe but I don't think they were done deals in the way he implies. By all accounts Sanches and Bayern were apparently keen on Swansea.
  • Why on earth does Sully feel the need to publicly (on the club website) name two players who he says were offered to him before they went elsewhere. What does he think it will achieve?

;doh
  • I think the two players were touted to us along with several other clubs otherwise why bother name them. If bilic turned them down then the squad is down to him. The chairman should have not released the statement it does nothing but antagonise people.
  • It is a statement purely to say 'don't be angry at us, the Carvahlo deal was Sporting's fault and the fact we signed no alternative, well that was the managers fault.'
  • edited September 2017

Mrs G he didn't have to have the medical before 11 pm but merely sign a form saying he's agreeable to joining West Ham. The medical could take place after that as long as it was complete and all the paperwork done before 1am. Chelsea and Leicester were doing this last night.

I know. I'm saying that what Sullivan claims is, imo, a plausible scenario.

(that wasn't possible within the available time between Sporting acceded and the ultimate deadline to arrange and conduct a thorough medical on the player)

(I'm not saying that it's true because I don't know the facts. )

As for Chelsea and Leicester, they started on those 'late deals' rather earlier, and the players weren't away on international duty, so it isn't really comparable.
  • edited September 2017
    I think a best XI would look something like this:

Hart
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna
    Byram - Obiang - Kouyate - Masuaku
    Antonio - Lanzini
    Chicharito

Adrian, Collins, Cresswell, Noble, Arnautovic, Ayew, Sakho

Just don't see 4-2-3-1, which looks like the likely selection, working with the current midfield options. For me we either have to go with all of Nobes, Kouyate and Obiang in the middle or we compensate for our midfield with a back 3/5.

We aren't good enough centrally to go with a 3 of Antonio, Lanzini and Arnautovic behind Chicharito IMO. But I suspect that's what Bilic wants.
  • edited September 2017
    So we currently have a squad of 22 and that includes Makasi and Henry. Neither of whom are likely to ever be involved in a match day 18.

So a squad of 20 senior pros. Which is at 18 for the minute due to Carroll's fitness and Arnie's ban.

Bare bones.
  • I swear they only open their mouths to change feet ;doh
  • At least some more of our youth will get games.
  • I wonder if Sully is using rhetoric which he knows will wind Slav up.

I can imagine Sully's dream scenario being Slav and Rafa simultaneously resigning...