Brexit: the next stage. Deal or No Deal? (and the General Election)

Comments

• spoiling mine. just going to write "Too much Jive Talking" over the ballot.
  • That'll show em.
  • Still undecided for tomorrow. Both May and Corbyn are dreadful. Might have to spoil my ballot paper...

Maybe ignore the personalities and look at the party's policies, which should be what they will work to even if the respective leaders don't last.
  • It is time we got the politicians to stand up and give a full presentation on their policies and costings then explain where the money is coming from. I am fed up with newspapers and interviews getting politicians to criticise other parties. Lets see them stand up and present without reference to other parties and perhaps have an independent body to verify the numbers (if there is such a thing as totally independent). Time to treat the public as grown ups and stop the lies damn lies and statistics.
    I have had to decide who I dont want in power rather than who I do and will vote accordingly. Corbyn is an absolute no for me.
    we need new leaders for both major parties.
  • Still undecided for tomorrow. Both May and Corbyn are dreadful. Might have to spoil my ballot paper...

It won't make much difference what you do, Horsham has been a Tory seat since 1880, the only time they got less than 50% was in the 60s, it currently ranks as the 41st safest Tory seat.

Jeremy Quinn got 57.3% in 2015, Labour got 11.4%, Lib Dems 11.7%

You could vote for the Peace Party or Something New, both have candidates in Horsham
  • If you dont know who to vote for can you pick Lib Dems for me.....
  • Barney said:

It is time we got the politicians to stand up and give a full presentation on their policies and costings then explain where the money is coming from. I am fed up with newspapers and interviews getting politicians to criticise other parties. Lets see them stand up and present without reference to other parties and perhaps have an independent body to verify the numbers (if there is such a thing as totally independent). Time to treat the public as grown ups and stop the lies damn lies and statistics.
    I have had to decide who I dont want in power rather than who I do and will vote accordingly. Corbyn is an absolute no for me.
    we need new leaders for both major parties.

Unless you live in Islington North or Maidenhead you won't be voting for either.

And as was illustrated with Cameron party leaders/Prime Ministers can be changed between General Elections
  • Just a thought but if Corbyn does end up as Prime Minister who's going to tend his allotment? Will he have a security detail surrounding him while he digs up his spuds?
  • It won't make much difference what you do, Horsham has been a Tory seat since 1880, the only time they got less than 50% was in the 60s, it currently ranks as the 41st safest Tory seat.

Jeremy Quinn got 57.3% in 2015, Labour got 11.4%, Lib Dems 11.7%

You could vote for the Peace Party or Something New, both have candidates in Horsham

This is very true. FPTP really is an antiquated system.

Jim Duggan of the Peace Party has been running here for as long as I can remember, maybe I'll reward that loyalty.

• I will vote tomorrow, but this is the first time I have considered not voting.

If labour could fulfill their promises I would be voting for them without doubt, but I just cannot believe that the 'hope' they are offering can come true.

Mrs May is making a pigs ear of it. Strong and stable but doesn't listen.

Lib Dems - Tim farron, too wet.

UKIP - no thanks, no way.

Green - a consideration, but won't make a difference in my constituency.

;hmm
  • Labour for me, we have a very good labour MP and I'd like to see him re-elected.
  • Exeter, based on your comment, surely you have to vote Labour. If you don't, the Tories might win. If you do, Labour might win and might get most of what you hope for. Gotta be worth a try. What's the alternative? Use your vote!!
  • I am seriously thinking it through Mrs Grey. I will vote, but it may come down to a gut feeling when I am about to put my cross on my ballot paper tomorrow.
  • Exeter used to be a Tory seat until 1997, Ben Bradshaw has been there ever since and the closest the Tories got to winning it back was 2010, cutting the majority to 2721. Its number 60 on the Tory hitlist so if they do win it then Theresa will be a very happy bunny.
  • edited June 2017
    ;nonono

See, Exeter. You are a very important voter!

#May(k)TheresaSad

(Could we get it trending ;biggrin )

PS don't vote Green, you'll split the progressive vote ;whome
  • I do not live in Exeter any more. Ben Bradshaw I am sure will again keep his seat irrespective of me not living there!

I am now living in Cornwall (south east) , and work in North Cornwall- all Conservative. I think my vote would need to be Lib Dem rather than Labour to keep the Tories out.

• In other news.....

Killing of five bald men in Mozambique is linked to a new superstitious belief that bald men have gold in their head bbc.in/2s55PTc
  • In which case I'm loaded.....
  • ASLEF, do you have a Swing-O-Meter in your front room? ;biggrin
  • Exeter - indeed North Cornwall was a Lib Dem seat until the last election. Dan Rogerson used to be the MP and he's trying to win his seat back.

IH - I think my swinging days are over....
  • edited June 2017
    Aslef, I think Dan Rogerson could well win his seat back from Steve Mann.
    However, Sheryl Murray is likely to keep her seat in South East Cornwall
  • http://www.whu606.com/discussion/comment/861153/#Comment_861153

If I wasn't already voting Labour, I definitely would if JC were burying them instead of digging them up ;biggrin
  • edited June 2017
    Exeter - South East Cornwall was a Lib Dem seat 1997 - 2010.

Not impossible it could be again
  • edited June 2017

Exeter - indeed North Cornwall was a Lib Dem seat until the last election. Dan Rogerson used to be the MP and he's trying to win his seat back.

ASlef/ Exeter - North Cornwall is my constituency, I live near Bude. Dan Rogerson was a good local MP - Scott Mann is a total useless poser of a man, who is conspicuous by his absence in local politics.
    Joy Bassett is the Labour candidate who I have been doing a bit of door knocking for, as well as helping out in Exeter as I used to live there and know Ben Bradshaw from previous campaigns.
    It screams out to me that I should vote tactically, and vote for the Lib Dem candidate, as realistically, although we are growing rapidly, Labour in the SW is coming from such a low base. The best that Joy can hope for is to come 3rd. My attitude is that tactical voting in the end doesnt really solve everything, but it will take such a long time to turn around the demographics down here, despite our recent surge in support.
    So, the voting booth after work will be a real test for me - stay loyal, or do anything I can to hurt the tories.

Help !!!

;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • edited June 2017
    Sorry, but it's Scott Mann, not Steve Mann. ;ok
    Oops, sorry again, just seen that the correction was made already in the above post. ;biggrin
  • bbb

It is a difficult choice, but personally, in this election, I would vote tactically for Lib-Dem if they were the only candidate capable of offering a challenge in the constituency.
  • edited June 2017
    Tory Stronghold where I am. Last 3 election Tory / UKIP / Tory. Labour 3rd 10k votes behind the Tory and UKIP candidates.
  • spoiling mine. just going to write "Too much Jive Talking" over the ballot.

I did it, at least someone in the ballot paper will get a laugh.
  • Rochester & Strood. It used to be a marginal and they called it Medway, Tory from 1983 - 1997 then Labour 1997 -2010. Just shows how things can change over the years