Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• So if Andre gray is a "direct replacement for Valencia", what category does Valencia count as? An attacking winger? Does that mean two strikers ON TOP of gray to replace Zaza, Calleri plus either of ac/Sakho?
  • Nah, I reckon Gray would be one of the two strikers; a pacy, direct striker. The other a more robust target man, e.g. Giroud or Bats.
  • edited July 2017
    So we'd have lost Zaza, Calleri, Enner and I would imagine at least one of ac/Sakho to then get only two replacements?

;hmm

As long as the two we get are fit, do a decent job, and are reasonably injury free I suppose it may not matter?..
  • But barracks - we didn't have Enner last year at all. Sakho was out injured. Zaza went back in January.

So if we still have no Enner, a fit Sakho to replace Calleri, and 2 new strikers, we'll be better off than last season. ;hmm
  • If we're counting Enner as gone then we should also be counting him as a replacement for Calleri or Zaza, tbh, as he's been gone a year.

To me, Gray isn't exciting but is a step up on Calleri, and we need to improve upon the replacements so I'm ok with it. I think him + another and AC would be a good pool to choose from
  • edited July 2017
    If we sign Gray. Does that mean MrsGrey is coming with him?

#hopenot #shescaresme
  • alderz said:

To me, Gray isn't exciting

Considering all the work done on making this site an enjoyable experience I think that's a little harsh...

Mrs G, care to offer any comments??.
  • Gray or Grey? It's black and white to me. ;lol
  • ;lol

We aren't allowed to comment on spelling.

;whome
  • IronHerb said:

Gray or Grey? It's black and white to me. ;lol

Too many different shades...
  • So Ex's round up:

Anything about the Feghouli rumour?
  • He said that we'd listen to offers, but nothing about the Galatasaray rumours.

Hopefully unfounded, because I think he could be pretty useful this season
  • edited July 2017
    Looks like Andre Gray is close. Around £15m. Also odds on for Wilshere this evening.

TBH I think that's a solid signing. When you consider how Burnley played last season and how defensive they were. Was it like 9 away goals all season?

He scored plenty of goals at Champ level for Brentford and Burnley and 10 last season in the PL. Still only 26 and he's quick and direct and will qualify as HG, which is important to us as we are low. Certainly an upgrade on Calleri and Zaza. As long as he isn't our sole striker purchase.

Gray, Wilshere another winger and a no.1 striker and we will be very well set if they are quality players. Then we need to replace and upgrade anybody else who is let go.
  • Wilshere has talent but it's just buying another Carroll.
  • IronHerb said:

Gray or Grey? It's black and white to me. ;lol

Too many different shades...
    about 50 I think..
  • Gray would be an OK signing , pl experience decent age quick . I think if we got him and one of incheanho , bats , Giroud would be v happy . I think gray would help us with quick counter attacks especially away from home .
  • I think Gray is a good move. English for the home quota. Has pace. Has experience. Decent age. Of 1 of 2 strikers we need he would be that second striker and hopefully we can get in Hernandez. Signing Hernandez and Gray for under 30m for both should leave room for another winger to compliment Antonio and Lanzini maybe Tadic?
  • edited July 2017
    So, as of now, forward targets appear to be...

Giroud £20m+
    Hernandez £13m
    Iheanacho £24m
    Batshuayi loan
    Gray £15m
    Bakambu £22m+

Also being linked with Delph, Wilshere and N'Diaye this morning.
  • The problem with signing both gray and Hernandez as our striker additions is that neither have the physical presence to lead the line on their own - we need to assume AC will fall some way short of delivering a full season and this will therefore leave us pretty stuck

And putting Ayew up there as a back up is not viable IMO
  • edited July 2017
    Personally I think it's Gray v Hernandez, not both. Both smaller and quicker, both similarly priced.

And then Giroud v Batshuayi v Iheanacho.
  • Baracks ;ok If it has to be Gray, I'm hoping it's Gray and two strikers, i.e. a Hernandez/Iheanacho type and a Giroud/Bats type.

It may cost us a fortune in fees and wages, but well worth it, IMO
  • The thing we need is different options upfront you have the big man hold up play good in the air , you need a quick players to play off and run in behind. We need to be able to change the way we attack more during games inst
  • OCS

;ok

If we are ditching snodgrass too, then maybe that's the thinking??..
  • Do we need another CM? I guess Obiang is the only true DM we have but if we do buy someone like delph or wilshere (only rumours now), I'm not sure where they fit in.

Maybe NDiaye but he'll be back up to Obiang.
  • We need a keeper upgrade ahead of a CM IMO
  • I don't mind Gray but if we don't get one of our top targets and we have to bring in someone else on a similar level to Gray, then we'll be in for a long hard season again.
  • I'd be very happy if we were able to secure Gironde & even more so if we got Hernandez too
    #lookingforwardothenewseason ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.