Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Shortly after Twitter reported Bilic pulled the plug on Iheanacho.

Who the BBC are now saying is close to joining Leicester.
  • Oh dear

Another PR classic from those involved at the club. ;doh
  • So he (Jack) could be referring to

C&H?

The BBC?

His dad allowing the manager to have the final say on transfers?

• edited July 2017
    All it's served to do is rile up the online fan community.

And me, to be honest. He must have realised what would have happened. Utterly unnecessary.
  • We have top supporters yes same twonks
    Too , but even the twonks have an opinion
    ;ok
  • edited July 2017
    Mrs G,

or, and I know this sounds really far out and crazy, he could have elected to just tweet nothing at all??..
  • Barracks ;ok
  • MrsGrey said:

So he (Jack) could be referring to

C&H?

The BBC?

His dad allowing the manager to have the final say on transfers?

Absolutely. But he's done that loathsome fishing thing and left it there. No explanation offered. Just dangles some obviously bad news on social media and leave the fans second guessing.

Completely irresponsible, IMO.
  • Meantime we sign Andre Gray ;weep
  • No disrespect to herb but his transfer thread is now 80 pages long and all we have to show for it is a 33 year old freebie.

Would it be possible to shut this one down and get Baz to open a new one in the hope reversing the fortunes and bringing some good karma?
  • edited July 2017
    OCS ;ok I've never been happy with Jack tweeting.

I get that he's a fan - so if he is just tweeting as a fan, fair enough I suppose. He's allowed.

But If he's tweeting on the basis of his privileged position, and inside info as the owner's son, he should shut up.

You can't have it both ways.

Edit: I refer you to brookings' earlier post re twonks. ;wink
  • Are you saying that Herb is some sort of Jonah? ;lol
  • MrsGrey ;ok I can only see some good news to follow another disappointing day ;ok
  • No im rather saying that Baz is a proven miracle worker and we could do with a sprinkle of his magic dust
  • edited July 2017

But he's done that loathsome fishing thing and left it there.

Clickbait/attention-seeking. Needs a ;fishslap
  • What did wee jack say???
  • edited July 2017
    Sky Sports
    BREAKING: Leicester City are now favourites to sign Kelechi Iheanacho after West Ham Utd dropped out of the race to sign the Manchester City striker #SSNHQ
  • Why can't they @write proper sentences #grammar
  • Doesn't feel like the club are moving forward lol
  • Hahahaha I just edited it Pearces as I thought it was annoying too ;lol
  • edited July 2017
    Tbf I am baffled by the outcry on Twitter at not signing Iheanacho.

Gold said we're targeting 'proven PL strikers'.

Iheanacho is not. We don't need anymore risks. We've done that with Emenike, Zaza and Calleri.
  • Now Hernandez. Yes please.

Think we'll sign him.
  • My feeling about the NotaClugh Ihenacho article is it is all twaddle, but if it were true, I would be delighted to think that the owners have enough faith in our manager (and sense) to give him the final say in transfer dealings.
  • Grey - I think the problem is that Hugh is credited by Gold and Sully. He does have contact with them. They often give him private interviews.

So it's almost like he's been fed this news by someone (Sully?) and it is so negative about the manager it makes you wonder what the motive is?
  • I have yet to read (apart from on here) or hear anyone say it is good business to wait to do your transfer business. Everyone has been congratulating how well Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Everton plus Leicester just today in getting their business done quickly. It appears some clubs just select a player they want and make an acceptable offer, none of this lets undertake transfer dealings the "Levy" way. Like Diana Ross "I am still waiting" and my patience is starting run very thin!
  • prices only go up more as the window gets closer.
  • Lukerz

I don't see it as negative at all.

In the unlikely event that it actually represents what happened:

Manager doesn't want player.

Doesn't get landed with player.

Good job all round, imo.
  • Fortunes

Everyone (including DS and Slav) recognise that doing business early is ideal.

What, I fear, you have to accept, is that the transfer market is a far from ideal world.

I haven't seen one completed transfer so far that we could reasonably have got who I think we missed out on.
  • Tbf I am baffled by the outcry on Twitter at not signing Iheanacho.

Gold said we're targeting 'proven PL strikers'.

Iheanacho is not. We don't need anymore risks. We've done that with Emenike, Zaza and Calleri.

If that's the reason then why would we be going for Gray (allegedly)? He's as experienced (if not less) as Iheanacho in the Premier League.
  • edited July 2017

prices only go up more as the window gets closer.

That is possible, yes .. but I don't think it's that straightforward. As the deadline approaches and players fear not being signed, they may have less scope for negotiating and playing one club off against the other.

Prices can go down as well as up ;hmm

#complicated
This discussion has been closed.