Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I reckon Josh King might push for a move. He's had a great season and won't want to take a backwards step at this stage.
  • Personally I think josh King would for us represent a perfect balance between "not really a step up" and "too far out of our league"

I hope the daves are considering testing bournemouth's resolve..
  • MrsGrey said:

I reckon Josh King might push for a move. He's had a great season and won't want to take a backwards step at this stage.

Josh King is going to be the first name on the Bournemouth team sheet, its the others that will be competing for the second striker's slot.
  • Aslef, I expect you're right. He wouldn't hang around otherwise, I suspect.
  • He's going to spurs
  • Spurs would be a backwards step as he'd be back-up for Kane
  • http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/everton-make-sensational-40m-bid-13285675

This story cracks me up total rubbish, 40 m for a player who played 766 mins last season yet we are "clashing" with Everton ;lol
  • Rumour has it that he doesn't want to go to Spurs and play second fiddle to Kane.
  • edited July 2017
    "scoring seven times and bagging one assist in 762 minutes"
    That makes a striker worth £40m now...
  • 7 goals in 8.5 games aint bad.
  • But we ain't going to pay 40 mil for him
  • Cos he's not worth it.
  • I heard a pundit on the radio earlier today congratulating the likes of Everton Bournemouth and Huddersfield for getting their business done early meanwhile back in East London? ;weep
  • Lacazette to Arsenal now official.
  • Don't think that affects us. Giroud would rather be a sub for Arsenal in a World Cup year than a starter for West Ham. He'll score more playing second fiddle to Lacazette than starting every game for us, IMO.
  • Let's see how much giroud wants to stay at Arsenal now..

I suspect though all it will mean is Sanchez shuffling off to Man City
  • I wonder how long before we end up going for Ballotelli as our last ditch striker purchase?

Signed for Nice, unfortunately
    Now that takes the biscuit... ;whistle
  • edited July 2017
    I think we certainly need to prioritise pace and athleticism in our signings given our pitch at the OS. Not really the ground for plodders.

Antonio, Lanzini, a fast winger and striker (Walcott, Hernandez) would be great with Obiang and Kouyate (or a new CM athlete).

Last season a big problem at home was pace. Calleri, Zaza, Tore, Snodgrass, Noble, Nordtveit, Carroll. Not enough pace between them for us to be at our dynamic best.

One thing we were under Slav in season 1. Dynamic.
  • Even Arsenal have signed a player
  • Luke you keep on about our pitch. Half the pitches in the PL are as big and they'll all be the same size soon.
  • ;hmm size does matter I guess ;biggrin
  • How I used to get my football rumours, can think how I used to fill up my summer....

IMG_1261
  • Hamstew said:

Even Arsenal have signed a player

We signed one first!
  • They also signed a left back...

2 vs 1 ;fishslap

;)
  • #nextlevel
  • Lanzini and Obiang close to new deals, according to Ex.
  • So Ex's round up:

Gray is a strong possibility as a direct replacement for Valencia.

Giroud is a target and we're in a fight with Everton and Lyon for him.

Hernandez we want but face a lot of competition and his wages would comfortably be the highest at the club.

A move for Bats would depend on Lukaku going to Chelsea but again there'd be strong competition.

We're also looking for a winger and a centre midfielder but won't move for those players until the striker situation is sorted.

Get the feeling this is going to roll on deep into August...
  • Some of the panic on social media is embarrassing. Some real derogatory remarks aimed at the club and owners. I get concern but some of it really is laughable.

I only use it to browse news quickly but some of the comments I've seen are putting me off doing that.
  • They seem to aim all the abuse to DG as he has a twitter account. What they don't seem to realise, as West Ham fans too, is that DG has little or no involvement in signing players. ;doh
This discussion has been closed.