Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• By the end of the season he was looking decent give us more options in midfield would definitely keep him.
  • We have four RW at the moment so this is an area we some space for reduction.

Snodgrass has said he wants to be on the right (but he is LF) and he would be behind Antonio and Ayew.

So if we was to get rid of one then it would be either Feghouli or Snodgrass.

We need a LW where it seems only Lanzini is the option at the moment.
  • Would rather flog Snodgrass of the two he would bring in more money and did less than Feghouli last year
  • We've got plenty of options on the left.

Ayew played on the left at Marseille, he only switched to the right at Swansea, Antonio played mostly on the left at Forest while Snodgrass and Valencia have both played on the left.

I'd rather have Lanzini in the middle
  • Adrian / Randolph

Byram / Zabaleta

Fonte / Ogbonna

Reid / Collins

Masuaku / Cresswell

Obiang / Fernandes

Kouyate / Noble

Lanzini / Ayew

Valencia / Snodgrass

Feghouli / Antonio

Carroll / Sakho / Fletcher

That is what we have at the moment.

Move on Valencia / Snodgrass / Sakho

Bring in Hernandez / Gray or Grioud or Inhenacho / Tadic

That'll do me.
  • Yeold

We probably wont get Giroud or Ihenacho as we really are not showing enough intent as usual.

So you are pretty much saying you would be happy with another season watching football as poor as last season.
    How can we have Carroll and Sakho who will only play a handfull of games and fletcher who Bilic has no faith in as our strikers?
    Noble was poor last season and is not going to get any better, Valencia doesnt want to be here. Snodgrass has lost his confidence completely, Feghouli is hit and miss , more miss. Byram, Fonte and Ayew did not shine at all last season.

This squad needs a good shake up with a number of decent signings but this window is pretty much following our normal ones.

We make a lot of noise and are linked with loads of players but other clubs get in first as we never really put up the money required or show the proper intent needed to get quality players that make a difference.

We will end up with more players like Zabaletta. Players let go by their clubs and are at the end of their careers or loans of shocking players who will hardly get a game as our manager doesnt really want them.

To move forward we need to buy three or four very decent players and get rid of a number of very average ones. However we are so slow at moving for the decent players (is this done intentionally so the club doesnt have to spend big money but looks as if the directors are making an effort) that I dont think any players we do want to buy feel that the club shows enough intent on moving forward and improving as per Payet!!!!) therefore they go elsewhere.

The two Daves need to get their act together and spend some money so we can attract other players who feel the club wants to go somewhere as good players dont want to join a team that is going backwards.
  • How do you know how much intent we are showing?

Results don't always indicate how much intent has gone into something.
  • What name is Rav trading under these days ?

Looks like his namesake may end up with 'arry at Brum
  • edited July 2017
    Lacazette announcement due soon. Could this be the start of the domino effect...?

I guess I'm hoping this will push Giroud our way, but he'll probably wait to see what happens with Sanchez. I suspect if he's behind Lacazette and Sanchez, he'll look for a move; if Sanchez goes and he's second choice only to Lacazette, then maybe he'll be happy to stay ;hmm

• The two Daves need to get their act together and spend some money so we can attract other players who feel the club wants to go somewhere as good players dont want to join a team that is going backwards.

What amount do you think should be budgeted for? I mean, how much would they have to spend (transfer + signing on fee) that you would judge to be an acceptable sum? And if you'd hazard an amount for wages (if you think wages should be raised to attract good players) I'd be interested in that too.

I'm just asking because various people comment about the owners being reluctant to spend big etc.... which might mean different things to different people.
  • Jorderz

Because as per usual we are linked with every decent player going and have been for a while but we have only Zabaletta to show for it and I dont know any other club that showed any interest in him and he was cheap!!

Many teams around us who we should be looking to try and beat have made moves and spent good money.
    Bournemouth, Everton -nearly 85 million already, West Brom . Even teams coming up have got decent players in i.e. Newcastle , Huddersfield.

We leave it so late we end up getting loans of players not wanted by their clubs or paying over the odds for average players.
  • Hutton bottom part of my earlier post ;ok
  • 'we make a lot of noise' - last year yes but not this year. all the noise is from journalists and supposed ITKs who dont even do proper research and will say anything to get clicks.
    full marks to the owners this year for keeping quiet. It is too soon to make judgements on the transfer window although I suspect for some the owners will be damned what ever we do. I am going to be optimistic and hope we get 3 or four good signings and I will judge the outcome when the window is closed.
  • edited July 2017
    No striker before first Pre-season game = Fail in my book. Not long left.

• Tony Henry is on record as saying we want to sign 3 players, 2 of which will be strikers. I would imagine that the club have a main target for each of these positions, plus one or two fallbacks for each one . By my maths, that probably about 9 new players we should have on our radar, purely to have a functional search, hence why we seem to be linked with so many players. It will be inevitable that we dont get all of our main choices, so we tee other players and agents up just in case. Its all gone a bit mad, but I'm sure our time will come in the next couple of weeks, once the top 6 clubs get their acts together, as well as the big boys in Europe. We are a mid table PL club, we dont get served at the first sitting !! ;ok

• We leave it so late we end up getting loans of players not wanted by their clubs or paying over the odds for average players.

But how do you know that it's the club leaving it late - it is just as likely to be the players leaving it late to make a decision.

OR, the owning club not giving us permission to speak to their player until after that club has got a replacement in....

we don't control how quickly a deal is wrapped up, even in cases where all 3 parties view if favourably from day 1.
  • Mrs grey

Whatever it takes to get a decent player that will make a difference needs to be spent.

West ham have only once ever spent more than 15 million on a player . 15 million only gets an average premier league player and with the amount of money that clubs get from tv revenue , the sale of our old ground etc that I think shows a complete lack of intent to mix it with the bigger teams.
  • Yeold

I saw that but I was going through all the players that I feel will be problems next season.
  • Giroud said he wants to see his contract out and Everton are also 'interested' but they haven't bought him yet!
    Iheanacho is in a legal wrangle of his own along with City who are before EUFA or FIFA and may be banned from the transfer market. Leicester are 'interested' but haven't bought him yet!
    Costa hasn't left Chelsea yet and Lukako hasn't been bought so Batshuayi cant go anywhere yet.

There is also the chance that none of them actually want to play for us as they are looking at CL football.
  • in other words ;weep ;weep ;weep
  • Man Utd have only signed one player so far Lindeof you can't judge a transfer window in early July . I think we will break our transfer record this window and I will decide how good a window it is at the end. Don't believe the hype in the media its mainly driven by players,clubs and agents to push fees up.

• Many teams around us who we should be looking to try and beat have made moves and spent good money.
    Bournemouth, Everton -nearly 85 million already, West Brom .

If you want to make meaningful comparisons, you need more accurate figures than these, imo.

Show me the accurate net figures, and over a couple of seasons:

For example, last summer Everton spent £1m net. This summer, it's £65 not £85 net.

Last summer Bournemouth spent almost nothing. Around £7m or £8m net.

We spent £35m net last summer . Summer before £24m net.

(Figures from transfermarket, so not sure if they are accurate down to the last penny - lots of deals are never officially disclosed.)

• Last year's terrible window I fear will set us back a year or two. We were out of Europe even before the transfer window shut. The club as a whole was not properly prepared for a shortened summer break due to our European campaign starting early. Had we scraped into the group stages we would I'm sure have had better outcomes in terms of players come the end of August.

As it is we will likely be considered a similar proposition to the likes of Stoke and West Brom when it comes to players potentially joining us.

If you were a striker you'd probably want to think twice before joining us anyway as it is likely that you will become rubbish or injured (or both) should you choose to do so.
  • Mrs grey

Whatever it takes to get a decent player that will make a difference needs to be spent.

West ham have only once ever spent more than 15 million on a player . 15 million only gets an average premier league player and with the amount of money that clubs get from tv revenue , the sale of our old ground etc that I think shows a complete lack of intent to mix it with the bigger teams.

So you are saying that the past spend was too low to demonstrate 'intent' because this season we have more TV money?

Can't see the logic in that argument tbh.

The 'only time we have spent over 15' - yes, when we bought Ayew, last season, after we had sold the Boleyn and paid off some of the debt. That shows, imo, that as the financial situation improves, the owners are prepared to increase the transfer budget. That's 'intent' isn't it?

I don't accept that
    Whatever it takes to get a decent player that will make a difference needs to be spent
    and anything less demonstrates the owners lack of intent. I think suggesting that we should pay 'whatever it takes;' means you are doomed to disappointment because imo your expectations are wholly unrealistic. And in any case, even if the owners agree with you, FFP would prevent them - the club has to be run within specific financial limits are to wages and overall debt.

• I don't get all the negativity , its like moaning about your Xmas presents in November before you know what you got ;lol
  • Huddersfield sign Tom Ince for 11m. They've spent 25m already
  • edited July 2017
    Well, for an undisclosed sum, anyway.

The only officially released figure Huddersfield have owned up to is £8m for Mooy.

• http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40496970

Lacezette medical might kick things off abit
  • I don't get all the negativity , its like moaning about your Xmas presents in November before you know what you got ;lol

;lol

And making stuff up to moan about ... haven't we got enough real things to be ;weep and ;angry about?
  • like what exactly ?
This discussion has been closed.