Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Being linked with Hernandez and Gray this morning for a combined £28m. Both have shown they can do it in the PL. Hernandez has a £13m release clause.

Would we be happy with them?

i would take them both if it means we can get a third person to play on the left of the 3 alongside Antonio / Lanzini. Tadic was mentioned which would be a good replacement or KUMB have being saying Arnaoutovic
  • Haven't seen enough of Gray but Hernandez would be a good signing. Guaranteed goals IMO.
  • DG retweeted a sky sports story with comment. so no modeste then...

I said on talksport the other day we have to sign proven premier league quality. Modeste played 9 games for Blackburn scoring 0 goals. DG

Tbf the last bit of that tweet is embarrassing IMO.
    Its a fake DG account guys ;ok
  • Being linked with Hernandez and Gray this morning for a combined £28m. Both have shown they can do it in the PL. Hernandez has a £13m release clause.

Would we be happy with them?

Yeah i would be happy with that ;ok
  • edited July 2017

DG retweeted a sky sports story with comment. so no modeste then...

I said on talksport the other day we have to sign proven premier league quality. Modeste played 9 games for Blackburn scoring 0 goals. DG

Tbf the last bit of that tweet is embarrassing IMO.
    Its a fake DG account guys ;ok
    Is it? ;lol
  • Would be very very happy with Hernandez and Gray for £28mil we get 2 guys who can score in the EPL and in their prime years (29 and 25 I think?)

However, I would like to see us maybe try a little harder for Bakambu if we can, he may not have EPL experience and is perhaps a risk but he's a player I really rate highly and has got 10+ goals in his last 3 seasons and is only 25

It's a more expensive move than Gray but it's a move I'd like to see, show a bit of ambition
  • Hopefully now we will find out if the Gironde stuff has just been paper talk....

Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas says Alexandre Lacazette to Arsenal for €50m will be completed within the next 2 days
  • Doesn't mean Arsenal are selling Giroud though.
  • Everton are in for Giroud
  • True, but I suspect they might, because a) they'll want to recoup some of the money they're spending on Lacazette, and b) Giroud will, in all likelihood, want first team football which he won't get at Arsenal
  • Everton signed Sandro for £5.25mil

Really good bit of business that, such a low fee for a player with 16 goals, only 21 and part of the la masia academy
  • Giroud has largely been a sub anyway. Who's to say he will mind being a sub behind Lacazette any more than he has minded being a sub behind Sanchez (assuming Sanchez leaves)?
  • Welbeck seems ahead of him as well..........for some reason
  • From talksport

LIVERPOOL TO BATTLE HAMMERS?

Benfica are braced for a "significant offer" for Mexico striker Raul Jimenez, according to reports in Portugal.

A Bola says the man who cost almost £19m from Atletico Madrid is up for sale and claims Liverpool and West Ham are keen.
  • Another thing Giroud will be thinking about is the World Cup.

He'll get more games at West Ham, but more goals? I'd personally expect to score more goals as Arsenal back-up striker than as West Ham's first-choice.

;hmm
  • McHammer said:

From talksport

LIVERPOOL TO BATTLE HAMMERS?

Benfica are braced for a "significant offer" for Mexico striker Raul Jimenez, according to reports in Portugal.

A Bola says the man who cost almost £19m from Atletico Madrid is up for sale and claims Liverpool and West Ham are keen.

Sorry meant from skysports
  • Neither probably going anywhere unless we let them go as freebies.
  • edited July 2017

Neither probably going anywhere unless we let them go as freebies.

Didn't gold say we are trying to buy two strikers? In my view this is an indication that they want shot of both AC and Sakho. Whether and how this can achieved is another matter.
  • Everton are interested in signing Olivier Giroud and Wayne Rooney, according to Sky Sources. Everton are expected to complete a £25m deal for Michael Keane over the next 24 hours.
  • Arsenal rumoured to be finalising a deal for Mahrez. Just what they need, another No.10...
  • TBH Everton are doing some top business, buying well so far IMO. Would be funny however if Lukaku sees it and says, actually I'll stay. Everton would be 'yeah, but that £80m+ tho...'
  • Obviously I hope both come back into training asap and remain fit and available all season, but for both, going by their respective histories it feels unlikely. It appears both have issues that seem to reoccur regularly. We are not really a club that can afford two of our 'top' -both on ability and relatively wages- players being in and out the team due to unreliability of fitness. Particularly when they both play in the same position.

Personally I would keep Carroll and try to sell Sakho. I believe there are more 'Sakhos' of this world around then 'Carrolls' if we wanted to replace like for like. Also from the little we see of how they interact with the rest of the team, Carroll seems far more united and popular with the squad than Sakho. I also worry about Sakho's behaviour outside of football, whereas although Carroll has history of being a bit of a 'lad' he seems very settled now with his wife and child. All just my opinion mind you, and it relies on us finding a buyer for Sakho, and it appears we tried and failed that last summer.
  • Hope we sign Chicarito. Then we will have Little P, big Andy and Boys Medium.
  • Unless Diane Abbott is doing the sums at the club, if the club plan on making two striker signings of significance, then I would say we will be waving good bye to both AC and Sakho
  • TBH Everton are doing some top business, buying well so far IMO. Would be funny however if Lukaku sees it and says, actually I'll stay. Everton would be 'yeah, but that £80m+ tho...'

Their owners have a lot of money so i doubt that would be a problem if Lukaku stayed!
    Spending that sort of money is usual these days. Average players are going for a lot of money. Its time our owners realised that the market has moved on and you can't get a Lanzini (a massive bargain) every window.
    Look at some of the transfer fees already, Ake - 20m, Pickford - 30m, Moody - 10m,

Bamford went for 10m in January. These are the sign of the times
  • Breaking news on Sky that we're in talks with Javier Hernandez.
  • That would be amazing if we got him
  • There must be loads of teams after him though with that release clause, surely?
  • So Hernandez or Giroud ;hmm

Or Iheancho ;hmm

Or Bats ;hmm

Or Modeste ;hmm

Or Hernandez and Giroud ;hmm

Or Iheancho and Hernandez ;hmm

Or Shane Long
This discussion has been closed.