Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Ive just read that Everton will loan him back to Anderlecht.

If so his a player with potential buy, not sure we would want that at the moment.
  • HAMMERS REJECT VALENCIA OFFER

West Ham have turned down an offer for Enner Valencia from Mexican side Tigres, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News HQ understands the Hammers are keen to offload the forward this summer and remain hopeful a deal can be struck.

Valencia joined West Ham from Mexican side Pachuca for £12.5m in 2014 after impressing for Ecuador at the World Cup in Brazil.
  • If we sign Shane Long I will rip up my Californian season ticket

#justsayin'
  • @ExWHUemployee has shut down his twitter account.

Perhaps we have sold him. ;lol
  • The owners are getting pelted on twitter.....
  • He was getting a fair bit of grief because of the Onyekuru situation, as if it was his fault we didn't sign him.

I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth when you're so active on social media, but there comes a point when the rough just isn't worth it. Shame to see him go though.
  • The owners are getting pelted on twitter.....

Nothing new there then.
  • He was getting a fair bit of grief because of the Onyekuru situation, as if it was his fault we didn't sign him.

I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth when you're so active on social media, but there comes a point when the rough just isn't worth it. Shame to see him go though.

Pretty sad really. If people don't choose to believe him just l don't follow him. Some of the grief he got was outrageous. Guy seemed like a nice bloke on his show and always took time to respond to people on twitter.
  • Unfortunately what OCS said is true

If you are going to be active on social media and discuss internal transfer news then you have to be prepared for that stick that occurs when it doesn't to plan

If you claim to be ITK and get fans excited only to see transfers fall apart which disenchants the fans then what can you say

It may be OTT but that's the business they are getting into

Agree though it's sad to see him go
  • edited June 2017
    So he's now extwitterexWHUemployee now ;hmm

I didnt see what aggro he got but there is always a percentage of moron supporting any club, including our own. Or at least those who don't realize that every rumour or cert may not actually come to fruition ;doh

I actually liked periodically reading his stuff as a decent amount of it actually came about (as opposed to the other Braderz ;hmm level of ITKs)
  • unfortunately too many people believe rumours to be fact when most rumours are agents players looking for better deals transfers etc
  • Certainly was a nice bloke, never bigged anything up and played down a lot of what he said. Was just providing snippets for people like us to read and take as we feel.

He has been promoted by young Jack too so clearly he doesn't just spout made up rubbish.
  • It seems that some people are blaming him for transfers not coming off, because he's spilling the beans and alerting other clubs. I have a feeling these will also be the people complaining that the club aren't telling us enough about transfers.
  • edited June 2017
    alderz said:

It seems that some people are blaming him for transfers not coming off, because he's spilling the beans and alerting other clubs.

;lol Because it's not like the player's agent would ever do that.

Seriously, how stupid? ;doh

• Honestly, reading 90% if football fans on twitter is just depressing
  • This Lacazette chap is funny.

Is his aim to just stay at Lyon for the rest of his life?

Latest news is he's now not off to Arsenal.

Very odd.
  • I think Lacazette will want to wait 6 months for Atletico's transfer ban to finish. A deal was supposedly in place before the ban was upheld.
  • I think nothing much will happen until the top 6 clubs get there business done
    problem for us is everyone else will be after the same players its going to be very
    difficult to get the right quality players in imo and that has always been the case
    we should be looking at good strikers not necessary the big names .

• The problem with some people is they seem to have got Twitter confused with VentMySpleen.com.
  • Bournemouth signing Nathan Ake for £20m.
  • £20m ;nonono
  • If Lacazette doesn't go to Arsenal, one assumes that means Giroud won't be going anywhere.

I wonder what Wilfried Bony is up to this summer ;hmm
  • Lacazette wants to join Atletico in January to team up with Griezmann but so does Costa, someone is going to miss out unless they both join. In the meantime we could have Costa on loan until January so he can stay match fit. ;wink
  • edited June 2017
    West Ham are ready to sell Robert Snodgrass and will also listen to offers for Sofiane Feghouli, according to the Daily Mirror.
  • edited June 2017
    David Gold has just been on talkSPORT and said we were looking for 'two PL proven strikers' and that we 'must find the money required to bring them in and pay the required wages'.
  • Find the money? ;hmm We got £122m in prize and TV money. And in theory we have £7m left of the Payet money. And the increased revenue from the 55,000 seater stadium we moved to.

I'd like to think we would already have the money rather than having to find it ;hmm
  • Sky reporting Defoe are close to joining bournemouth for a reported...... £65k a week.....pretty much what are we paying Snodgrass

I'm sure that there are hefty signing on fees etc but that deal is so good for Bournemouth and what we are crying out for

And yea I dont understand how we are struggling to get the money together for this summer...... surely our base kitty is around £40 odd million at the least
  • Not to mention the £20m we saved on not making Zaza's move permanent.

We must have a starting kitty of £50m carried over from last season! Certainly a budgeted £50m, if not a lump sum all available to spend at once.

;hmm
  • edited June 2017
    OCS - yeah bit worrying. They asked him about signings and the fees being paid now for what are on the face of it 'average' players, yet they are going for £25m. How do you find good players for realistic prices?

Gold said 'it wasn't about finding those players, it was about finding the money required to purchase those players'. He then said 'we must find the money'.

Based on his interview and tone, I wouldn't hold out much hope for this summer.

He did say Sullivan is working morning, noon and night to recruit the right players. He said we have good defenders, good midfielders and good wingers, but we need two strikers proven in this league to be knocking on the door of Europe, because both Carroll and Sakho are 'injury prone'.
  • I really don't think money works as simply as you guys are suggesting.

A club's funds are typically in a state of enormous flux and essential liquid. It's impossible and worthless to try and add up what the club should or might have in some of kind multi-million pound piggy bank, because that isn't the reality.
This discussion has been closed.