Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• OCS

Yeah they credited Ex, now I look again. The reason I prefer going to that is because they usually collate IDK, newspapers, interviews and articles and do a bit of everything
  • The really big names are playing hard to get; the clubs are asking silly money. I'm reduced to reading about Hamilton & Vettel. ;hmm
  • Have to say Ex seems like the most likely to be an ITK.

Most ITKs post obvious things like Giroud and Batshuayi.

Ex posted something about the Reece Oxford loan to MGB at the beginning of June when no-one else was talking about it.

Not saying it's proof but it does seem like he gets things before others.
  • Signing Walcott would be such a bad decision imo
  • A new name....

West Ham are are plotting a move for Sampdoria striker Luis Muriel and are ready to match his £24million release clause [The Sun]
  • Reports we have increased our bid for incheanho
  • Hope some of the bigger clubs start making their moves e.g. Lacazettes Arsenal, Lukaku-Chelsea etc so we can start seeing who's available

Really think Batshuayi could be available would prefer him to Iheanacho (would love him still) and probably wouldn't have the buy baking clause that is causing all the trouble

Ngl know nothing on Muriel so can't comment
  • A buy baking clause? ;nonono

;porkpie ;pizza ;cake
  • Good thing you are not the one writing up the contract. That would be one epic typo. City want to buy him back so they've offered us a flan ;lol
  • They may throw in a Bakewell (jo) Hart
  • Hart don't mention Hart ,if he is not mentioned it wont happen ;whistle
  • Being linked to Yann Karamoh, 18 yearly old winger for FC Caen quite highly rated in France

I know we do need short term solutions but like the idea of going for young talent it may not always work out but you can make bid profit off them without too much risk

If we can get Karamoh and Onyekuru (probs off to arsenal) could be good long term deals to add to Quina, Martinez and Fletcher who we added last year
  • West Ham are prepared to break their transfer record by paying more than £20m for Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, 30.(Telegraph)

Lyon have ended their interest in Giroud, with the president of the French club claiming Arsenal want to keep him. (Evening Standard)

As well as Giroud, West Ham are also interested in Sampdoria's 26-year-old Colombian striker Luis Muriel. (Sun)
  • edited June 2017
    ;pray

And just for good measure, I have been chucking virgins into volcanoes for weeks now!

• Luis Muriel has been linked with us every single transfer window since he was 19

• EVERTON AGREE ONYEKURU DEAL

Sky sources understand Everton have agreed deal to sign Henry Onyekuru from KAS Eurpen.

The Nigerian striker was the joint top scorer in Belgium last season.

He had £6.8m release clause in his contract and his advisers had also been in talks with other clubs, including Arsenal and West Ham.

The 20-year-old, who doesn't qualify for a work permit yet, will be loaned to Anderlecht for next season (doesn’t qualify for work permit yet).

• Could be a good bit of business or he could be another Savio ;hmm
  • So that's one ticked off our list. I'm still hoping for Iheanacho.
  • If he doesn't qualify for a work permit then he would have been a waste of time anyway?
  • Reports earlier in the week suggested that he has had his work permit approved ;hmm

Either way, it looks like we've missed out so yeah, onto the next one...
  • Only if we were in for him at all in the first place.
  • Adam said:

So that's one ticked off our list. I'm still hoping for Iheanacho.

I'm hoping for either Iheanacho or Giroud. I think both are possible, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see neither sign. Bats would be my other choice, but he too may be too good for us.

In all honesty, I can see us ending up with Shane Long.
  • That's disappointing especially as it was to Everton who seem to be getting targets that we are either interested in or can improve us
  • edited June 2017
    OCS

Haha. I'm not even joking but I was going to say that exact same thing including the part about Shane Long!
  • ;lol

Nearly July when supposedly the transfers kick off. Still a FAIL in my book if we don't have 1 of our first 2 strikers we need signed before the first game of Pre-Season.
  • We all write our own books, Yeold, so if you think it's a fail then it is, but I don't share that view.
  • So far 7 clubs have signed no players, 7 one player, 5 2 players and 1 three players so a lot of FAIL's all round then ;lol
  • Majority of players are on holiday so not sure why anybody 'expects' deals to be done before pre-season starts, which is by definition when players return from holiday.

I'm not saying it's impossible to sign players during this period, but it's more unlikely and hardly something we should be expecting.
This discussion has been closed.