Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Hart will be our" sorry chaps, couldn't get any strikers so we bought Joe Hart instead" summer buy.
  • Or are we buying up all City rejects so they let us have Iheanacho and Nasri?
  • ;hmm Let's look at the facts:

We've let our third choice and youth team 'keepers go, so there is a place in the squad for a new one.

We've freed up £45k a week by letting Nordtveit go.

We desperately need a striker.

So yeah, you know what, I can see us signing Hart in the near future.
  • To be fair, Moses couldn't get a game for US at the end of the season 15/16

May have been a motivation issue. But when things clicked last season, they sure clicked.

Up until Moses pulled his hamstring at Old Trafford on 5 December 2015 he had started 11 out of 12 games while Antonio had only made three substitute appearances. He was replaced by Antonio in the 37th minute.

After that Moses only made four starts when Antonio, Payet or Lanzini were unavailable while Antonio started every game but one and earned himself a call up to the England squad in the summer.

Victor Moses didn't have a motivation issue, he had a Michail Antonio issue......
  • Sun reports (I know) that Arsenal are close to concluding a deal for Lacazette, and will allow Giroud to leave once that deal is done. They say we are in poll position as staying in London is important to the player.
  • While Adrian and Randolph might be content with sharing goalkeeping duties at the moment if Hart comes then one of them has absolutely no chance of first team football. Most likely Randolph would ask for a transfer as he is Ireland's No.1 and needs playing time.

And we'd be back to two goalkeepers
  • I would imagine we're on the hunt for a young goalkeeper too
  • Or maybe we aren't...

The player profile on the OS for Nathan Trott says:
    Bermudan keeper is one of the best young keepers around
    http://www.whufc.com/teams/development-squad/squad/nathan-trott
  • But so was Spiegel who, by the way, was one of two keepers to save a Payet free kick.
  • Just for the record, I'm not actually suggesting that Nathan Trott is any good, because I have no idea. I just find it quite funny that the club say he's one of the best around, because that feels like a very unsubstantiated claim.
  • edited June 2017
    "baracks_a_hammer

June 22

To be fair, Moses couldn't get a game for US at the end of the season 15/16

Moore_than_a_nickMoore_than_a_nick

June 22

May have been a motivation issue. But when things clicked last season, they sure clicked."

I think it was more a question of eligibility rather than motivation that prevented him playing for US. He's Nigerian rather than American.

• It's the Mail (spits on floor), but this article says that PL clubs are allowed to increase their wage expenditure by £7m per year. If Ozil & Sanchez agree to the terms on the table, they would jointly receive an increase of £15m per year.

Assuming they are after more signings, they will definitely need to sell some players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4632274/Arsenal-breach-Premier-League-wage-control-rules.html
  • That's assuming Arsenal are already on their max wages. ;hmm
  • Herb

According to that article, teams are free to reach £67m per year, and then beyond that is the £7m increase. It also says that according to last figures published with companies house, Arsenal's was £191m per year.
  • Arsenal could offload Sanchez to make room for a cheaper Lacazette and keep Giroud not sure because Lacazette is going there it means Giroud is available its more likely because Sanchez is going.
  • There are 4 assumptions built in to that Mail (more spitting on floor) article:

1. They know what Sanchez and Ozil's current weekly wage is
    2. They know what are the terms of the new conracts being offered
    3. Arsenal won't generate any additional commercial revenue this season compared to last
    4. Arsenal won't generate any additional matchday/ticket revenue this season compared to last.

• edited June 2017
    alderz

Isn't turnover part of the equation? If they were at £191m last year then they would have been in breach of FFP unless there are additional monies involved.
  • ;hmm guess I got on Arsenal chat room by mistake don't care what there upto so will ;run back to whu606 where real boys and girls hang out ;whistle
  • edited June 2017
    I think the relevance, steve, is to whether or not we might get Giroud .. and what factors might play a part at the selling club. Just a thought.
  • MrsGrey said:

There are 4 assumptions built in to that Mail (more spitting on floor) article:

The Mail aren't worth your dirtying your floor. You should spit in the toilet.
  • To be fair, Moses couldn't get a game for US at the end of the season 15/16

May have been a motivation issue. But when things clicked last season, they sure clicked.

Up until Moses pulled his hamstring at Old Trafford on 5 December 2015 he had started 11 out of 12 games while Antonio had only made three substitute appearances. He was replaced by Antonio in the 37th minute.

After that Moses only made four starts when Antonio, Payet or Lanzini were unavailable while Antonio started every game but one and earned himself a call up to the England squad in the summer.

Victor Moses didn't have a motivation issue, he had a Michail Antonio issue......
    OK, I love Mikey too. But you have to admit that Moses was a revelation at RWB last season, in a PL-winning side. So yes, props to Conte. But you have to admit there's one hell of a player there as well when everything clicks into place.

And I still remember his purple patch for us with pleasure. That time he lifted the ball over the defender, the run and shot off the crossbar that Payet scored from (OK, my memory's not great, so I won't continue, but I do remember feelings - and I remember feeling proud of him for a patch).
  • Fernando is apparantly being linked with Newcastle, Bournemouth and Saints for a reported fee of about £5mil

Surely that is worth a punt, he was class at Porto and while he never really made it at City but it's a hard place to go to and be successful as a defensive minded midfielder

It's not an area of real concern but we don't really have a proper DM now that Nordveit has gone

It may stunt Cullen chance but he's 29 so he's not really gping to ruin his chances

Obiang, Kouyate, Noble and Fernando for next year as centre midfielder options with Cullen and Fernandes as the youth
  • Apparantly Burnley are open to selling Andre Gray for £10mil as he's into his latest 12 months of his contract

He got 9 premier league goals and 23 in the championship the year before plus at 25 years old he's in his prime

Think we should definately be after him....far more realistic transfer than Giroud who I just cannot see us getting regardless of what the papers say
  • Should be all over that
  • I would happily have Andre Gray, but also I don't think he is "the answer". Would still need another first team striker
  • edited June 2017
    alderz said:

I would happily have Andre Gray, but also I don't think he is "the answer". Would still need another first team striker

Agree Alderz ;ok

Giroud/Iheanacho + Gray

Would give us:

Giroud/Iheanacho, Gray, Carroll, Martinez

As our 4 strikers. (Assuming Fletcher is loaned out)
  • ;lol

BREAKING: Arsenal reach an agreement for Kylian Mbappe...

They've agreed it's never going to happen.
  • edited June 2017
    The problem with Andre Gray is he normally plays in a front two "little and large" combo with Sam Vokes or Ashely Barnes as the "large" and Gray as the "little", I'm not sure if he'd be as good playing as a lone striker
  • If only we had a big striker. ;)

No, I get your point, ASLEF, but I'd love to see us play more with the little and large combo - whether Lanzini, Ayew or a new guy off AC-when-fit.
  • edited June 2017
    Does secret mean something different in France...

Lyon President: "Giroud told me in secret he hopes that he would be the number one striker at Arsenal next season."
This discussion has been closed.