January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Well, we have enough experience
  • So twitter rumours. Marseilles offerimg 30m for Payet and Hogan to be done tomorrow.
  • edited January 2017
    SSN transfer monkey talking total nonsense ;lol

#MakingItUpAsHeGoes
  • A real monkey? ;nonono
  • No, because that would make more sense.
  • edited January 2017
    And be far more watchable.

Names on a banana - the one the monkey picks is the target.

Numbers on peanuts - the peanut the monkey picks is the transfer fee in millions.

Team names on monkey bars - where the monkey stops is the team that wants the player.

Monkey Market - it's a winner.
  • Superb idea. ;clap
  • Hull have signed Markovic from Liverpool. Possible replacement for Snodgrass ;hmm

Ex has re-tweeted his post from last week about Fonte, Hogan and Snodgrass being the most likely to come through the door.

Watch this space...
  • I won't go to bed that's for sure
  • I am. Sleep needed.
  • Hull have signed Markovic from Liverpool. Possible replacement for Snodgrass ;hmm

Ex has re-tweeted his post from last week about Fonte, Hogan and Snodgrass being the most likely to come through the door.

Watch this space...

Id rather Markovic than Snodgrass ;hmm
  • Twist

Markovic has been very poor for Lisbon, by all accounts. I also think I read that he was poor on loan last season but I am prepared to be corrected on that one. He also has really not done anything for Liverpool in his time before going on loan.

Snodgrass has scored goals and created chances for two extremely subpar sides in this division.
  • Big Sam on the verge of spending £24m on Schlupp and van Aanholt! ;nonono
  • Hasn't he already spent £12m on Schlupp? ;wink
  • Didn't sound as dramatic ;wink
  • alderz said:

Twist

Markovic has been very poor for Lisbon, by all accounts. I also think I read that he was poor on loan last season but I am prepared to be corrected on that one. He also has really not done anything for Liverpool in his time before going on loan.

Snodgrass has scored goals and created chances for two extremely subpar sides in this division.

I see your point, Alderz ;ok But Markovic has more potential. He's only 22 and Liverpool did pay 20m for him.

Snodgrass is 29 and hasn't really done much. Whenever I've seen Hull he hasn't stood out and made me think 'how is he playing for Hull?'. Does he really improve our side? Wouldn't get in my XI ;hmm
  • Snodgrass is Jarvis backwards
  • Begovic to Bournemouth?

Decent move for the Cherries.
  • He is a good keeper whereas, imo, Boruc isn't.

Good move.
  • edited January 2017

Snodgrass is Jarvis backwards

Ssargdons ;hmm
    Sivraj ;hmm
  • I was quite for Snodgrass ;puzzled

Been Hulls best player for the bits of them I've watched. A natural winger, when I hear we're about to lose one...
    Also I like the fact he's left footed so gives a different option which originally Tore was meant to present. Got a cracking free kick in him too.

I do agree that ideally we'd be aiming for younger though...
  • Does he make the starting xi? If so, who drops out?
  • Does he make the starting xi? If so, who drops out?

Payet

;lol
  • Fair point Twist. My current favoured 11 is the same as yours in the MCity match thread. Arguably comes in for Feg, although I think he's been playing well and deserves his place. However, if Feg or Ant play poorly / get injured who is our wing attack replacement? Let the three of them battle it out for the two slots (if 4;2;3;1 is what we go with). Also, I want Hogan (or A.N. Other striker) yet I don't think they'll be in front of Carroll in the starting 11.
  • edited January 2017
    The way I see it is you need two players for every position. So with Payet going we need another left sided player to provide competition for, one assumes, Ayew.

GK - Randy/Adrian
    RB - Byram/Arbeloa (still think we need a RB)
    LB - CresswellArthur
    CB - Reid/Collins
    CB - Oggy/Fonte
    CM - Noble/Fernandes
    CM - Obiang/Kouyate
    RW - Feghouli/Antonio
    LW - Ayew/Snodgrass
    AM - Lanzini/ ;hmm
    CF - Carroll/Hogan
  • Stick Fernandes as the AM back up and Nord as the CM ;ok
  • Good call Lukerz ;ok
  • Good call Lukerz ;ok