January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Eski ;lol

I agreed because I read your points and I thought you made sense and I didn't really disagree with anything you said.
  • ;thumbsup Does that mean I win? I don't understand how these forum things work.
  • edited January 2017
    No, alderz had cute puppies. He has won the internet.

Unless .... got any cute kittens?
  • I have this ;hmm

WG3JXSL7KECC_3
  • So, OCS loses the internet. It's over guys, pack it up now
  • He might be cute, but he's not as cute as a kitten. ;biggrin
  • And I will apologise in advance for this clip of piglets being rescued... it's very 'Facebook'. And I resist such things normally.

But it just made me happy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2017/jan/24/smoky-bacon-russian-firefighters-rescue-pigs-from-burning-farm-video
  • Just catching up

Anyone mention Niang?

SSN Italia reporting £13m bid
  • Think we were linked with him in the summer ;hmm

Know nothing about him so have no opinion as to whether this would be a good move or not.

In other news, Chase Carey's moustache ;bowdown
  • edited January 2017
    Although, F1 worth $8bn as a business? How is that possible?
  • Driving in circles. It's very popular.
  • The tracks pay bucket loads of money to Liberty Media to be on the calendar. Liberty Media own the world broadcast and media rites. it soon adds up.
  • I really like Niamh, as it is my go-to noise when my inner ear is itchy.
  • This Hogan thing is getting on my wick
  • MrsGrey said:

Driving in circles. It's very popular.

Yes, they 'lap' it up ;run

#theregoesNickiLauda-THEREGOESNICKILAUDA
  • Innit though Ham. Feels like he's been close to signing since about May.
  • The Brentford manager seems to suggest that the Agent could be causing the delay on Hogan...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/19/brentford-boss-dean-smith-drops-big-hint-over-what-is-holding-up/
  • If the selling club is happy with the price, and the buying club is happy to pay it, and the player is happy with the contract, then what is the point in the agent? Seriously. If I was Scott Hogan and I was still at Brentford at the end of the window I would sack him (or her).
  • edited January 2017
    alderz - Scott Hogan is a client of Unique Sports Management who also represent Michail Antonio. Aaron Cresswell, Darren Randolph, Andros Townsend, Danny Graham, Dwight Gayle and others,

The men behind it are Barry Whelan, Will Salthouse and Marlon Fleischman, they were in the news back in 2014 when the employed Neil Warnock's son as a consultant at the time when Colin was Palace manager and they had Zaha as a client - Zaha has since switched agents. They also used to have Harry Kane but he's left them too.

Yeah, its my day off, I've got to wheel the ex-Mrs shrugged to the hairdressers (when she wakes up) so I'm bored and Googling
  • Burnley have 10m bid for Snodgrass accepted
  • £10m lol
  • Burnley have 10m bid for Snodgrass accepted

We'll go back in with an offer of £9m...
  • Niang, another reported target of ours, could be on his way to Watford, according to various sources. Clubs have agreed a deal, up to the player now.

So, Niang could be off to Watford, Snodgrass to Burnley and it's all gone quiet on the Scott Hogan front.

I'm beginning to miss The Insider... ;whistle
  • From what I've read, Niang can be difficult to deal with. I'm not too bothered if we don't go for him. He even has a 'Controversies' section on his wiki page. Not many players have that!
  • Adam ;ok I'm not too fussed about him either. Just seemed to getting linked to everyone at the moment.

Apparently, Palace have agreed a £9m fee for Robbie Brady. He's another one I wouldn't have minded at West Ham. I do think we're a left winger short so would like us to do some business in that area. Both Ayew and Lanzini can do a job out there, but both are better centrally.
  • OCS following on from your comments on the Payet page that it may be holding up purchases now;

The more I think about it the less I'm bothered with signings this january. I don't think we'll get above 8th now no matter who we signed, and I don't think we'll get relegated. I was for Snod, but the idea of waiting until the summer and getting better quality at a better age such as Oxlade-Chamberlain - I think we can cope (especially once Ayew is back unmalariared). In all honesty we could have coped without Fonte, (Collins and Oxford are now back) however he was available and far better (IMO) then our other options other than Reid so that I understand.

I do think a striker is needed this window however, as we know the risk with Carroll, I don't fully rate Calleri and although I like Fletcher, Bilic doesn't seem to trust him. Or maybe worth not buying and forcing Bilic's hand to try out Norman Stanley IDK.
  • As a Hull fan, can you imagine seeing the club sell Snodgrass and Livermore within a week of each other? Must be absolutely gutting
This discussion has been closed.