January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• IMO they (the club) have thrown in the towel, they're as good as down. Take the 80m and run, hopefully build again for next season in the Champo.
  • And Mo Diame in the summer. He was doing well for them as far as I know, then walked away (and dropped a league) to join Newcastle.
  • Terribly run club....
  • edited January 2017
    Re:Niang
    Yeah, replace one moody Frenchman with another one ;nonono
  • not sure they're even ;run
  • FloRad ;ok 100% agree about OxCham. Depends I suppose on what our intetnions are for the rest of the season I guess. If the board are happy with top ten and not a lot else more then we've probaby got enought for that.

However, if they want top 7 - and it's possible if not likely - then they need to invest now to give us the best possible chance. Although it's unlikely to offer a European spot this time round so I doubt they'll be aiming that high, TBH
  • alderz said:

As a Hull fan, can you imagine seeing the club sell Snodgrass and Livermore within a week of each other? Must be absolutely gutting

Yep and with Mason being out for a long time
  • TBH , with Ayew and Chiek coming back soon I would be happy if we didn't go out and pay silly money in this window and go for a couple of big summer signings

If we get Hogan Great but not to bothered either way maybe a better idea to invest the money from the eventual sale of Payet in the summer. ;ok
  • Florin it's not a case of Bilic not liking Fletcher. He was always bought as one for the future and not a regular first team starter. No different to the guy we've just bought from Everton.
  • I still think we need an RB and striker.

Carroll and Sakho are our main two but both can get injured at any time, so even if it's good now, we'll be kicking ourselves if both get injured. Fletcher is young and as much as he shows nice touches, we haven't seen enough to know whether he's got the right instinct to get goals. Don't know about Calleri, though the change in team spirit post-Payet might lift Feghouli, Calleri and Ayew. If we count Antonio as a striker, then we might need another winger.

If Byram gets injured, there's no replacement.
  • Thorn - I don't believe Slav dislikes Fletcher, he was bought under his stewardship and is regularly on the bench so must like the lad. What I meant was he currently doesn't fully trust him, ie when Carroll was out using Ant up top Fletch still on bench, now bringing Calleri on in preference etc.

While I agree that is what he was brought in for: the future; the willingness or not to play him now, if he is trusted or not makes a difference for if we need another striker in now or not. Part of me would trust Fletch, try him out as Carrolls backup until the summer, bring another striker in then rather than now.
  • However contrary to that the reports on Hogan look good, and I'm all for bringing in good players that will improve us long term when they become available. ;ok
  • edited January 2017
    The talk is that Fletcher may go to Leeds on loan if we sign Hogan. I'm surprised he's effectively fourth choice striker, even with Sakho injured, because he's shown a lot of promise.

Slav is clearly a fan of loaning the first team fringe youngsters (Samuelsen, Burke, Cullen, Martinez, Browne) so it wouldn't surprise me if Fletcher followed suit.
  • I don't know if I can do another summer of chasing a so called world class
    player just to get let down , and tbh are they worth the hassle when you think of cresswell and Antonio coming from the champo are we not better looking at more players like that ..

I mean look how the Payet thing has worked out in his second season I know this will never really change as we are not Man city or Chelsea but we can be one day
    if we build up slowly and don't try and run before we can walk .
  • brookings

You only get let down by transfer rumours if you put any stock in them, though.

If you assume that every ITK is actually talking nonsense (except the verified ones like Big Oli) then you don't need to get let down.
  • Yep, I put on here coupla days ago something similar brookings. We seem to have success dipping into the Championship to sieve for gold, so far it has given us Cresswell, Antonio and Byram...
  • True alderz ;ok all very quite at the moment very strange ;hmm
  • Yep, I put on here coupla days ago something similar brookings. We seem to have success dipping into the Championship to sieve for gold, so far it has given us Cresswell, Antonio and Byram...

Randy, too ;bowdown
  • edited January 2017

True alderz ;ok all very quite at the moment very strange ;hmm

But to be fair, a lot of us (myself included) were critical of the club when they were broadcasting every bit of business we were trying to do, particularly The Insider, so if this is the alternative then we shouldn't really complain (as frustrating as it is) ;ok
  • edited January 2017
    The only area IMO we really need to improve now is a striker ..
    While we were without Bryram for a bit of time we were caught short, & I wanted a RB in, but now fit , you could argue the same with our LB situation, what if Cresswell gets injured, Arthur is currently injured...
    We are mid table and should remain there, baring a disaster or a unbelievably good run ...
    So take stock and do our main business in the summer...
    Just sort the Dimi saga out
  • no No NO NO to The Insider coming back.
  • Latest on Twitter is Rangers are in advanced talks to sign Oxford on loan and we have not made a fourth bid for Hogan ;hmm
  • If we are not playing Oxford, then yes loan him - get the lad some pitch time. And if we bring in Hogan (or another striker) same for Fletch.
  • Rangers would be a weird move wouldn't it?
  • Burnley have 10m bid for Snodgrass accepted

Hull have announced their relegation from the Premier League.....
  • alderz said:

Rangers would be a weird move wouldn't it?

Tinpot league, better off going to the championship if anywhere
  • We at least are not as down as Sunderland..
    I mean if u r gutted that Victor Anichabee is out for months and then have to to deal with the wonderful news of signing tefal Lescott ... #defoehandyourtransferrequestin ;ok
  • edited January 2017
    When we do sell Payet, I like the Sigurdsson shout, but anyone think we'd have a chance of getting Martial for 25mn or thereabouts? And would you like him? I'd love him on one side of a front three and Antonio on the other.

Apparently he's not leaving this window, but I'm thinking more of the summer.
  • Sig I'd love but can't see it happening. Certainly not now, at least.

Martial? No chance, IMO. I think if he does leave Man U it will be for someone much bigger than us.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I think OxCham is a realistic option in the summer but he'll cost at least £20m in today's market

• Martial? No chance, IMO. I think if he does leave Man U it will be for someone much bigger than us.

Yep, you're probably right. But if he went the rest of the season without featuring for Man U's 1st XI...?
This discussion has been closed.