January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• BREAKING: Brentford boss Dean Smith on Hogan: "He had a phone call last night that has turned his head as there is a bid coming imminently."
  • Apparently Watford
  • Vorse ;ok Ex had hinted earlier tonight that there might be some movement on the Hogan front. This could back that up.

Here's hoping...
  • Watford... ;whome
  • Will be interesting to see how this pans out then. Ex's hint below. Good test of his credentials I guess...

Screenshot_2017-01-21-19-41-09_1
  • That makes things a lot clearer. Always rated Fonte but was baffled as to why we thought we needed him. ;ok

Good luck Angelo, and thanks for playing through the pain.

#loyalty
  • Yeah, good effort Oggy ;ok He's come in for a lot of stick this season but deserves a lot of credit for playing through the injury.
  • Just seen the bbc article regarding Ogbonna ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38707342 ), and now the comments here. I have been vociferously condemning his performances this season, however if he has been playing with a surgery requiring injury I take back a lot of my criticisms, and in fact praise the lad for playing when we needed him in spite of his health.

I do reserve the right to say that I still don't believe he is the best of CB's, his awareness is sometimes poor, and his tracking back when out of position is often lacklustre, but all in all he is a good player, and seems popular in the dressing room.
  • We were not to know he was playing with an injury though.

Also, why was he playing with an injury.
  • Suz - Well I suppose up until this two weeks ago, Collins; Oxford; and Byram were out injured, Nord the same, and Kouyate was heading to Africa.

However if you mean today, I have absolutely no idea. I thought Collins was excellent last week and was fully expecting him to start today regardless of this injury (which of course I didn't know then). TBH I fully agree and really question the decision to play him today now, when we had the previously mentioned players back, and in relative form.
  • More noise about Watford bidding for Hogan.

If he does go there, who are our options? Sunderland are as good as down and have no funds to do anything about it. Would they cash in on Defoe now? Will he ask for a move?

Braithwaite doesn't for the criteria, Bats unlikely to be allowed to leave.

I'm struggling to see where we go.
  • We go north.

Up to wearside.
  • edited January 2017
    Borini ;wahoo
  • Anichebe I was thinking ;hmm
  • We hope on the Eurostar & get Braithwaite. ;wink
  • #returnofthesak
  • Watford are signing Zarate.
  • The Zarate Kid ;wahoo
  • Jinxed on KUMB says £3m bid for Puncheon rejected.

;hmm
  • Jinked knows nowt
  • £3m for a Premier League regular starter? Nah, we wouldn't go so low. Would we? ;hmm

Don't want Puncheon anyway. Never really understood what he's for.
  • Hamstew said:

Jinked knows nowt

Apart from the Fonte signing ;wink
  • Details, mere details....
  • Hamstew said:

Jinked knows nowt

Apart from the Fonte signing ;wink
    When did he call that out if interest
  • Two days before he signed. Before the media got whiff of it tbf.

But he got the date of the medical wrong, which he said was Thursday, when it was Friday. ;biggrin
  • He and Payet would make a great MF pairing ( Puncheon Judas ) ;run ;yercoat
  • With Feghouli staying we've got him, Antonio, Lanzini and Fernandes who can play wide with Sakho and Ayew coming back from injury at some point soon. Now that Calleri's scored if he stays then we've got him, Carroll and Fletcher up front with again the injured pair available soon.

We've got 16 games left, 12 points clear of relegation, 15pts short of Europe, since we've removed Sulky McSulkface from the equation we're playing like we did last season.

I certainly wouldn't bother with Snodgrass (who feels a bit "Downing" to me), I'm not much fussed about Hogan (a bit "Maynard"), I'd be perfectly happy to see the season out with the team we have.
  • edited January 2017
    ASLEF - there is an argument to do that, I agree. ;ok

Out form since we drew with LFC has been top 6 form and it's basically pulled us out of danger completely.

Suppose it depends what our aim is for the rest of the season. If we want to target 7th (same position as last season) we need a couple more players this month.
This discussion has been closed.