Euro 2020 Group Stage Thread

edited June 2021 in Men's Internationals
Aargh. My BBC live link via Iplayer not working.

I might have to stream it illegally

Yikes.

Comments

• Italy look like they're missing Simone Zaza to me.
  • MrsGrey said:

Aargh. My BBC live link via Iplayer not working.

I might have to stream it illegally

Yikes.

Crimes!
  • Forza Italia !!!
  • edited June 2021
    Jenas already winding me up. It's going to be a long month!
  • Jenas winds me up too and I'm watching some guy travelling through the Dodecanese. 😀
  • Is thst where Skiathos is? My favourite place in the world! I love it, Koukounaris beaches and Skiathos town at night....sigh, one day we'll be allowed back
  • edited June 2021
    I don't know what you are watching. lol. But sounds interesting.

Skiathos not Dodecanese.

But Skiathos = my first Greece visit.

• Massive sigh Mrs Grey, such a beautiful place
  • It's called My Greek Odyssey on London Live. https://www.mygreekodyssey.com

The scenery is great but the presenter, an Aussie from Greek heritage, is a little dull.
  • edited June 2021
    Cheers Herb, I'll check it out.
  • Turks have put through their own goal.
  • edited June 2021
    Is it just me or was that not great from the defender? Looked like he wasn't expecting the ball to be coming into that area. Wasn't alert.
  • Not watching but in my experience OG's have always tended to be 'not great from the defender'. 😁
  • edited June 2021
    I usually feel sorry for them if they stick a desperate leg in and it ricochets off. I think they have no choice but to try to get a boot on it. But this one, guy just standing mid goal, keeper's gone to his near post, ball comes in, hits his chest and he seems to make no effort to try to push it out/away...
  • I love being in Italy, and have them in the sweep
  • Are those Super Mario costumes in the stands? :o lol
  • Tre gol a zero, e dovrebbe essere di pi
    Three nil and it should be more
  • Buonanotte Turchia !!
  • MrsGrey said:

I usually feel sorry for them if they stick a desperate leg in and it ricochets off. I think they have no choice but to try to get a boot on it. But this one, guy just standing mid goal, keeper's gone to his near post, ball comes in, hits his chest and he seems to make no effort to try to push it out/away...

I think he didn’t have much choice. He had Immobile lurking behind him, and he tried to like turn his body when he cheated it to get it away, but the guy properly smashed it across goal
  • Turkey were abysmal how on earth did they get to this competition they offered nothing.
  • Turkey were abysmal how on earth did they get to this competition they offered nothing.

They were Shearer’s dark horses for the competition 🤔
  • edited June 2021

Turkey were abysmal how on earth did they get to this competition they offered nothing.

They came second (W7 D2 L1) to France (W8 D1 L1) in Group H, other teams were Iceland, Albania, Andorra and Moldova.

They beat France 2-0 at home, drew 1-1 away and France are the bookies favourite to win the Euros

Iceland made it to the playoff final, lost 2-1 to Hungary
  • Teemu Pukki is 2 goals short of matching Jari Litmanen's record 32 goals for Finland

Parken stadium in Copenhagen has a restaurant with 3 Michelin stars
  • Off topic from the game today, I wanted to say that I dont like that tournaments draw all the subsequent rounds in advance. IMO they should draw the groups (as they are now) but wait until the top 2 in each group are decided. Then draw the next round of groups (wouldn't this potentially be of interest to the masses rather than it being predetermined which groups and parts of the draw teams go into)
  • Logistics my boy, logistics.
  • Understood for this tournament but it bugs me that its all mapped out in advance
  • Bazshuayi said:

Understood for this tournament but it bugs me that its all mapped out in advance

There's only 3 days between the last Group matches and the first Round of 16 match, not a lot of time plus a team from Group A would have 3 more days rest than a team from Group E or F.
  • Hoping Eriksen pulls through :(
  • Horrible scenes

Prayers with Eriksen and his family
This discussion has been closed.