Euro 2020 Group Stage Thread

Comments

• Hoping Eriksen pulls through :(

Didn't look good, did it.
  • Pictures doing the rounds on social media of CE conscious as he was being taking off the pitch. Hopefully they're legit.
  • 🙏🏻
  • Terrible scenes.

I saw the pic of him being stretchered off and conscious - if that isn’t legit and is just an old photo somebody has put out there, people are even sicker than I thought.

But fingers crossed it’s real.
  • From BBC sports page
    Uefa's tweet says Christian Eriksen has been "transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised".
  • UEFA has said he's stable and has been transferred to hospital.

Well done to the medical team. They've saved a young man's life today.
  • It was awful to see. I think the cameras should have cut away much earlier.
  • MrsGrey said:

It was awful to see. I think the cameras should have cut away much earlier.

I agree, and even then broadcasters like the BBC, who aren’t in control of the cameras, should have cut back to the studio instead.
  • Yet again we all learn the lesson that football is not the be all and end all....Thoughts with CE and his family......
  • Fingers crossed he is ok it was wrong to keep showing it I admit I left the room watching his wife and friends in distress is not tv viewing they should have cut away earlier
  • How are they restarting this?
  • MrsGrey said:

I agree, and even then broadcasters like the BBC, who aren’t in control of the cameras, should have cut back to the studio instead.
    Someone made the point that they probably weren’t ready to deal with it in the studio either. You could see they were shocked as well. They should’ve just cut the broadcast.
  • How are they restarting this?

apparently both teams wanted to play
  • All looking good at present, I think that medical team should get a medal at the final also. It is of course insignificant compared to that fact he is still alive but that's clearly his career ended today, which when the shock at what happened today has passed is also really sad, a great player.
  • MrsGrey said:

Someone made the point that they probably weren’t ready to deal with it in the studio either. You could see they were shocked as well. They should’ve just cut the broadcast.
    That’s probably fair, and I wouldn’t want to have to force them on live TV when they’re distressed. You could see Alex Scott really struggling to hold it together.

However, they could have just cut broadcasting for a few minutes even.
  • On a football note, is there VAR? Denmark get a soft penalty which is saved by the keeper a yard off his line
  • Hopefully CE makes a full recovery. It’s nearly eighteen years ago that Marc Vivien Foe wasn’t so fortunate. God rest his soul. 🙏
  • yoyo said:

On a football note, is there VAR? Denmark get a soft penalty which is saved by the keeper a yard off his line

There is var

I was wondering if there are concussion subs. ( Watching the Belgium game,)
  • On a side note , Think a big well done needs to be given to English ref Anthony Taylor for his speed in acknowledging the seriousness of the problem with Christian… 🙏🙏🙏
    Hopefully Eriksen will make a speedy recovery and be ok…Thoughts with him and his family….
  • Anyone else going to Wembley today? I’m excited 😆
  • I decided not to watch the Denmark match. Too stressful and depressing. Looking forward to England Croatia raising my spirits.
  • Pickford
    Walker - Stones - Mings
    Trippier - Rice - Mount - Chillwell
    Foden - Kane - Sterling

I imagine will be the side
  • Hope not ;)
  • Lukerz said:

Pickford
    Walker - Stones - Mings
    Trippier - Rice - Mount - Chillwell
    Foden - Kane - Sterling

I imagine will be the side

Rumours abound that it’s
    Pickford; Walker Stones Mings Trippier; Rice Phillips; Foden Mount Sterling; Kane
  • Trippier LB lol
  • Expat has generously said he'll run a (late starting) predictor ... in case you don't notice the pinned thread.
  • Southgate really is a bit clueless, hard to get to carried away imo with him as our boss, just want him sacked

Arguably have the best LB in the league last year in Shaw yet start a 31 year old RB (who isn't even the best RB) there instead
  • With no Trent or Ward-Prowse, I guess Trippier is our best set piece taker, that was our strength in 2018.
  • edited June 2021
    Trippier left back over Shaw is baffling.

Each time Rice and Phillips have both played together its looked shocking.

Hopefully this is some tactical masterclass that Southgate has seen.
  • Caleta-Car starting for Croatia, let's see how he does
This discussion has been closed.